Local Diffusion
  • Is it possible to support Negative prompt and custom models downloaded from Civitai in the future?

It seems that the developers do not pay much attention to the messages of potential consumers
    Developers can think about it.
    Those free Web UI on Github not only can use other models or settings, but also can make videos.
    If your plug-in can only use the basic model, the effect produced is no better than free.

• How does it work? I dl the trial version added a text prompt mask, put in a prompt and than? Nothing happens for me
  • Is it possible to support Negative prompt and custom models downloaded from Civitai in the future?

It seems that the developers do not pay much attention to the messages of potential consumers
    Developers can think about it.
    Those free Web UI on Github not only can use other models or settings, but also can make videos.
    If your plug-in can only use the basic model, the effect produced is no better than free.

Hey Peter, very sorry for the late reply! Negative prompts are on our roadmap. Civitai model integration looks very interesting, but comes with some technical challenges that will be difficult to tackle, so it's not high on our todo-list. Yes, many other integrations offer more features than Local Diffusion. Our plugin will have advantages for artists who don't want to leave the AE environment to interact with Stable Diffusion and / or us features like prompt interpolation which is our own implementation.
  • How does it work? I dl the trial version added a text prompt mask, put in a prompt and than? Nothing happens for me
    This should be sufficient, but depending on your hardware the image generation might take some time (few seconds on fast GPUs, up to 1-2 minutes on cpu only system). Please open a bug ticket here for further assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Sadly not much use for me without the ability to use custom models.
    Hey,
    which type of custom models would you like to use?
  • Love your Products ..thank you - I have depth scanner. I use Visions of Chaos locally on my two 3090's on my box. Can this work with VOC's stability AI ?
  • How does it work? I dl the trial version added a text prompt mask, put in a prompt and then? Nothing happens for me

Im having a similar issue, I can't get anything to happen here. Does this plugin work on Mac? 
    Hey, which type of custom models would you like to use?

Mostly protogen - and some custom models of faces and styles I've trained with a service like Astria - dot - ai
  • How does it work? I dl the trial version added a text prompt mask, put in a prompt and then? Nothing happens for me

Im having a similar issue, I can't get anything to happen here. Does this plugin work on Mac? 
    Depending on your hardware available the generation might simply take a long time (up to several minutes if you run it in cpu-only mode). Please open a support ticket in case the error persists: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • It says to adjust the prompt / mask weight to animate between multiple prompts - but mask weight is not something I'm familiar with. Help?
  • Mac Studio M1 - 64Gb Ram - 2TB Drive - 32GPUs - The installation portion just keeps sitting there not completing...It's been an hour and it's still working away on something...or it's stuck. What is happening? There is no feedback on what it is doing in the background. I did an installation of this on a PC and it downloaded like 50 different "modules"? or chunks of data. And there was an install bar and details of how much was left to download. Is this option not available for OSX? It just sitting there...it would be helpful if there was more feedback instead of the grey download bar just racing back and forth. Thanks.
  • Cant seem to get this to work. I downloaded the demo to test this to make sure it actually works on M1 Max.

So far I cant seem to get it to do anything. How do I enter a text prompt? Does this support models/weights? Can you do in paining?

Honestly lots of questions. Hope you can help!
  • Cam Vokey said:
    It says to adjust the prompt / mask weight to animate between multiple prompts - but mask weight is not something I'm familiar with. Help?
    Hey, this refers to the Mask Opacity value. It is described in more detail in the docs: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/local-diffusion.html#add-text-input
  • Love your Products ..thank you - I have depth scanner. I use Visions of Chaos locally on my two 3090's on my box. Can this work with VOC's stability AI ?
    Hey Nancy, at the moment support for VOS is not planned unfortunately.
  • Mac Studio M1 - 64Gb Ram - 2TB Drive - 32GPUs - The installation portion just keeps sitting there not completing...It's been an hour and it's still working away on something...or it's stuck. What is happening? There is no feedback on what it is doing in the background. I did an installation of this on a PC and it downloaded like 50 different "modules"? or chunks of data. And there was an install bar and details of how much was left to download. Is this option not available for OSX? It just sitting there...it would be helpful if there was more feedback instead of the grey download bar just racing back and forth. Thanks.
    This is expected, since the downloader has to get several GB of data. Please wait some longer and check the networking stats in the performance monitor - you should be able to see that the installer is still downloading. But you are right, we should improve the feedback mechanism.
  • Cant seem to get this to work. I downloaded the demo to test this to make sure it actually works on M1 Max.

So far I cant seem to get it to do anything. How do I enter a text prompt? Does this support models/weights? Can you do in paining?

Honestly lots of questions. Hope you can help!
    Hey Kieth, please refer to the documentation here: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/local-diffusion.html You enter a text prompt by adding another mask and changing the masks name. Especially on the first generation it might take some longer time to generate the image. Inpainting is not supported yet. If you have further issues, please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • This seems pretty cool got some good effects off of some videos I threw in there unfortunately its now crashing my computer when i try to render I get "video_memory_management_internal and my computer restarts. I'm going to try off the cpu maybe this doesnt happen there
  • This seems pretty cool got some good effects off of some videos I threw in there unfortunately its now crashing my computer when i try to render I get "video_memory_management_internal and my computer restarts. I'm going to try off the cpu maybe this doesnt happen there
    Do you have the Optimize for low V-Ram option active?
  • Well thanks 
    This seems pretty cool got some good effects off of some videos I threw in there unfortunately its now crashing my computer when i try to render I get "video_memory_management_internal and my computer restarts. I'm going to try off the cpu maybe this doesnt happen there
    thanks for the quick reply I'm rendering right now hasn't seemed to of crashed yet. I'm not sure how many stable diffuse AI programs are linked to after effects but this is exactly what I was looking for because I want to edit my clips together and mask, scale, transform, opacity, and effects which seems like everything I've come across is just stylize a video or text to video. I would like to know what sets your product apart from "Diffusae" which is around the same price on aescripts right now.
  • Well thanks 
    This seems pretty cool got some good effects off of some videos I threw in there unfortunately its now crashing my computer when i try to render I get "video_memory_management_internal and my computer restarts. I'm going to try off the cpu maybe this doesnt happen there
    thanks for the quick reply I'm rendering right now hasn't seemed to of crashed yet. I'm not sure how many stable diffuse AI programs are linked to after effects but this is exactly what I was looking for because I want to edit my clips together and mask, scale, transform, opacity, and effects which seems like everything I've come across is just stylize a video or text to video. I would like to know what sets your product apart from "Diffusae" which is around the same price on aescripts right now.
    If you have any more problems, please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2116 Local Diffusion has some differences to Diffusae. We are focused on prompt manipulation and interpolation with a different workflow for prompting and input selection. Additionally we offer an inbuilt superresolution network and are integrated natively into the After Effects rendering process. On the other hand Diffusae is working on new and different features and you should totally check it out too!
  • Hello I'd like to ask if there is like a roadmap or something for what is planned in the future for this plugin. As I would like to have negative prompts for this plugin.
  • Bugger. Missed the sale!
  • Do I have to have Stable Diffusion preinstalled on my computer in order for Local Diffusion to work?

• Do I have to have Stable Diffusion preinstalled on my computer in order for Local Diffusion to work?

No, simply run the provided installer and you are good to go :)
  • so in the ballon mask i add the promt and would create something or i have to add a video and it will create  something based on the prompt with the video, my system becomes unstable when i tried to add something, anything you recommend doing ?
  • One thing, to make it work on Mac M1 chip, you have to laucnh regular mac not Intel version (rosetta) 
  • Many AI image generators are trained on stolen artwork, so I have to ask: where did you get the data that the model was trained on?
  • so in the ballon mask i add the promt and would create something or i have to add a video and it will create  something based on the prompt with the video, my system becomes unstable when i tried to add something, anything you recommend doing ?
    It should generate an image right away. But since you seem to have run into a bug, please open a ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2116
  • Maxim Kim said:
    One thing, to make it work on Mac M1 chip, you have to laucnh regular mac not Intel version (rosetta) 
    Thanks for the hint. It should work in the Rosetta version too, but you won't get hardware acceleration there.
  • Many AI image generators are trained on stolen artwork, so I have to ask: where did you get the data that the model was trained on?
    Local Diffusion uses the original Stable Diffusion weights.
  • wow this is the 2nd product from the same author I tried today that doesn't work. M1, 64Gb, I worked a lot with stable diffusion. This just don't work, when "add text prompt" button is clicked it just creates several "mask" layers without any text input fields made, so there is no way to type anything in this. (finally I figured you need to press enter/return just like renaming any layer). Still, nothing happened. Just like for his other item "mask prompter" (that also doesn't work) there is no video tutorial and documentation is useless. FInally, good luck getting rid of the plugin from your footage. You'll have to either create new project (if you're lucky), or to force quit AE. I would feel really scammed if I paid $50 for this. I am still using stable diffusion the same way as before, and skipping this unfinished and untested embarrassment. 
    Hey Dorian, I am sorry you had a bad experience with our product so far. After clicking the mentioned button it should only create one mask and you use the masks name to input text! This is described in the documentation: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/local-diffusion.html#add-text-input
    Since you seem to run into a bug with our other plugins too, please open a support ticket and I am sure we will be able to help: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2116
  • Well, it's bought and registered now, but it still won't do anything to video. I can get it to give me a single still cartoon image like my prompt suggests, but I want to affect a video, like put a hat on somebody or turn them green for instance. It's only a five second small 720p clip. 
    Sometimes it looks like it's done something, but never more than simply degrading the video quality and adding a small amount of dirt.
    This is an Intel 9900k, 128Gb RAM, nvidia 2080ti, everything is updated with all the latest drivers and program versions etc.

• Well, it's bought and registered now, but it still won't do anything to video. I can get it to give me a single still cartoon image like my prompt suggests, but I want to affect a video, like put a hat on somebody or turn them green for instance. It's only a five second small 720p clip. 
    Sometimes it looks like it's done something, but never more than simply degrading the video quality and adding a small amount of dirt.
    This is an Intel 9900k, 128Gb RAM, nvidia 2080ti, everything is updated with all the latest drivers and program versions etc.

Hey Mark,
  • Not really working for me. Any chance to do a tutorial for that?
  • Not really working for me. Any chance to do a tutorial for that?
    There you go: 
  • Thanks for pioneering this important space for us.

Any chance you guys can get this working with SDXL or allow our local version to point to SDXL? 
  • Your latest version of the windows installer is installing with this error message.
    Yes, any latest version of your products will have this problem.
    Unzipping of C:\xxxx\xxx\tTemp\bleace-plugins\VC_redist.x64-xxxxx.zip failed: 1

Whether it's LocalDiffusion or GoodbyeGreenscreen etc.
  • Your latest version of the windows installer is installing with this error message.
    Yes, any latest version of your products will have this problem.
    Unzipping of C:\xxxx\xxx\tTemp\bleace-plugins\VC_redist.x64-xxxxx.zip failed: 1

Whether it's LocalDiffusion or GoodbyeGreenscreen etc.
    This should be solved with the latest updates. If not, please open a support ticket.
  • The same situation even when performing a fresh installation of the entire Win10 (21h2) system.
    However, your previous installation program had no issues.
    This problem has only appeared recently with installation programs that integrate CPU and GPU versions together.
  • The same situation even when performing a fresh installation of the entire Win10 (21h2) system.
    However, your previous installation program had no issues.
    This problem has only appeared recently with installation programs that integrate CPU and GPU versions together.
    Hey,
    please try to run the installer with administrator privileges. If the issue persists, please open a bug ticket.
  • Thanks for pioneering this important space for us.

Any chance you guys can get this working with SDXL or allow our local version to point to SDXL? 
    The latest version contains the SDXL model!
  • don't work, how u can uninstall 
  • grgr grgr said:
    don't work, how u can uninstall 
    Please read: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/installation.html ;
    We also fixed a bug today which caused the initialization to fail for some systems.
  • Ideas on smoothing the flicker out?
  • also - would be great to have some sort of progress bar - sometimes the tool hangs and other times, it just takes a while. any indication to tell you whether or not it has crashed would be very helpful. 
  • Incredible plugin - best AI generation tool I've seen in AE. If only I could get it to render without crashing :( 
  • Cam Vokey said:
    Ideas on smoothing the flicker out?
    This is actually hard problem, but we are working on finding some sort of solution.

Cam Vokey said:
    Incredible plugin - best AI generation tool I've seen in AE. If only I could get it to render without crashing :( 
    I saw you opened a ticket, will help you there!
  • The interpolation Flickering ruins the potential of this plug in, I'm able to get everything else out of it after a bit of experimental trial and errors but the options for smoothing out interpolation on stable via Google collab aren't being offered on local, I want to be able to match the quality out there, After effects is top tier, it should compliment and not take from the brand's level of quality
  • If I'm unable to use the first ZiP files created for this plug in, Ill have no other way to use it. Unable to use the updated versions cause the demand for GPU won't allow aftereffects to work! my entire workflow is at a halt due to your plug in, refund please!