• imageWorkflower 2

NEW: ScriptUI Panel, Layer Tagging & More! Messy After Effects comps? Create layer groups, and use other tools, like adjustment layers to selected layers, layer cloning, or matte merging.

https://aescripts.com/workflower/

• Your acting and the script are both top-notch
  • Your acting and the script are both top-notch

Haha, thanks a bunch! Maybe I should think about switching careers. :D
  • I like it.
  • If I use this and someone else opens my project without Workflower.  Will it break the setup that I used with Workflower?  Or will it continue working without issues if they don't have Workflower?  Thanks for your response beforehand.
  • If I use this and someone else opens my project without Workflower.  Will it break the setup that I used with Workflower?  Or will it continue working without issues if they don't have Workflower?  Thanks for your response beforehand.

Hi David, yes, you can work on a project created with Workflower even if you don't own Workflower. Because it might be a bit difficult to continue to work in such comps since all layer names are indented, I recommend to convert your comps to a non-indented layout before handing over your project:

Left: Indented; Right: Non-Indented (i.e. 'Expression Mode')

There's also a batch-operation you can perform with Workflower to convert all your comps at once.

Please read this F.A.Q. section for more information on this topic:
  • Any chance to make an option for the script ui panel like 50% smaller icon option or responsive ui? :D
    i think i should buy a bigger monitor anyway :D
  • Any chance to make an option for the script ui panel like 50% smaller icon option or responsive ui? :D

Hi Dániel,

thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry to tell you that offering smaller icons will be certainly more difficult to implement than it may seem since it was never set up to be able to do this and I'd have to rebuild a lot of stuff in the UI for this. It's on my to-do list because I know that it's an issue for some people but I can't tell when I'll get to it.

If you want to reduce the panel size, you can also disable some of the buttons if you don't or rarely need them. Go to "Settings > Miscellaneous > Customize ScriptUI Buttons" and choose which buttons should appear on the panel:

When, at some point, you need to access a button you've disabled, you can simply come up with the main menu by shortcut (Win: Ctrl+Alt+X, Mac: macControl+X) which will always display the full menu.

Can you let me know what you mean by responsive UI? The UI is already responsive and depending on how you resize it, can be configured in 4 different layouts. Or do you want an even more responsive UI like KBar offers for example? If it's the latter, I don't think I'll be doing this as it will be quite a feat to do. But if you own KBar, you can always set up Workflower icons for it (all  functions can be mapped to KBar buttons) and customize your own toolbar the way you want to. There's also a function that batch-creates all KBar buttons when you go to "Settings > Layout > Install WF KBar Toolbar":

Please note that the buttons will be created without the modifier keys, so you'd have to arrange them yourself if you want those.

I hope I was able to help you a bit. Please let me know when you encounter any issues with this or when you have other problems or suggestions.

Best wishes,
    Constantin
  • Dear Constantin,

Thx for the reply. Yes i watched all of your tutorials i know i can turn off and on icon visibility and kbar too.

Here is 2 script i saved out for you as gifs. I resize them live and you can see they are responsive. No worries 90% of scripts do not use this function, tho they should in these days. :D

Cheers,
    Danny

• Dear Constantin,

Thx for the reply. Yes i watched all of your tutorials i know i can turn off and on icon visibility and kbar too.

Here is 2 script i saved out for you as gifs. I resize them live and you can see they are responsive. No worries 90% of scripts do not use this function, tho they should in these days. :D

Cheers,
    Danny

Hi Danny,

oh, I see what you mean. Thanks for the examples. Unfortunately, the programming enviroment when it comes to ScriptUI panels is extremely limited and does not provide a native way to scale images. There's a hack some people to scale images anyway but unfortunetaly I cannot make use of this hack because the way the panel is set up, this can cause some instabilities and I favored stability instead. That being said, just by looking at the way the scaling is done, it seems to me Boxcam might be doing something else behind the scenes but I'm not sure. However, to be honest, if it's a different method, I have no idea how they're doing it. I'd have to look into this. I would be great if Adobe would offer a native way to do scale within ScriptUI panels but that won't be happening. I could also port the panel to an extension instead of a ScriptUI panel which offers many more design options but I'm not familiar with programming extensions yet and also rebuilding the script to an extension would not be easy.

I think offering a 50% scaling option would be the most realistic feature I could implement going forward. I'll move it up on my to-do list but I have to see when I can find some time to do it.

Best wishes,
    Constantin

Hi Danny,

I wanted to let you know that I just released a new Workflower version (2.0.1.) which already includes smaller ScriptUI buttons by default. They're not quite 50% smaller but almost. I felt going 50% smaller would be simply too tiny. Nevertheless, I think the new size will already give you quite a bit of screen space back. Let me know if that's still not working for you or you encounter any other issues with it.

Best wishes,
    Constantin
  • Thx very much Constantin! You are AWESOME and the best!

Danny
  • Thx very much Constantin! You are AWESOME and the best!

Danny

Haha, happy to hear that! :)
  • Good afternoon.
    I tested this module and encountered the following inconveniences and problems.
    1. After ungrouping, the layer effects are deleted and must be reapplied. That is, they are not saved after ungrouping. This may be due to the fact that after creating a group, a separate layer appears containing information about the effects for all layers in the group.
    2. If a transition effect from the Motion Bro collection is applied between two groups, a runtime error occurs.
    I haven't tried other functions.
    Conclusion: this module does not allow it to be fully used with all functions in the After Effects program.
  • Good afternoon.
    I tested this module and encountered the following inconveniences and problems.
    1. After ungrouping, the layer effects are deleted and must be reapplied. That is, they are not saved after ungrouping. This may be due to the fact that after creating a group, a separate layer appears containing information about the effects for all layers in the group.
    2. If a transition effect from the Motion Bro collection is applied between two groups, a runtime error occurs.
    I haven't tried other functions.
    Conclusion: this module does not allow it to be fully used with all functions in the After Effects program.

Hi Serhii,

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles.

1.) Do you mean regular effects on the layer, or effects of a group linked adjustment layer?
    If the latter, this is expected behaviour since the layer is not part of the group anymore after ungrouping, hence not containing the group effects anymore. If you want the effects to stay on the layers no matter where you move them, I recommend adding the layers to a non-group linked adjustment layer, and applying your effects via this one.
    If the removed effects are regular effects (not ones of a group adjustment layer), however, this seems to be a bug. This, unfortunately, is not a known bug to me so far. If that's the case, would it be possible to record a screen recording of what exactly happens and send it to me, so I can investigate? Additionally, if possible, it would be great to send me your project file where the error occurs, so I can replicate the bug myself (I could understand, though, if you want to keep your project file private). 

2.) I don't think I completely understand what you mean by you applied it between two groups. Can you elaborate? What does the transition effect consist of? Also, are there any more specifics to the runtime error message? Unfortunately, I haven't been aware of this issue until now.
    As with 1.) it would be great if you could create a screen recording of the issue as well as potentially send me your project file.

Additionally, it would be great if you could also send me the Workflower log file of the session where the two issues occurred (in case you just recreated the issues, it will be the latest log file). You find your log files here:
    ~/Documents/Adobe/Workflower/Logging

Please send me these files (screen recordings, potential project files and log file) via support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=CMRW2-SUL

I'm sorry to ask for so many files but the more information I have, the easier it will be for me to track down the issues. We might have to troubleshoot a bit but I'm confident we'll get this fixed for you. :)

Best wishes,
    Constantin