• imageExtrudalizer

Extrudalizer allows you to extrude any 2D shape layer into virtual 3D space, control its depth, position, rotation, and scale. You can set up appearance, animation, and even manipulate the original 2D path with the Extrudalized shape repeating this manipulation. 100% Lottie compatible for web use (bake expressions to keyframes for mobile app use) and can be exported using the Bodymovin plugin.

https://aescripts.com/extrudalizer/

• Maybe I missed this, but how did you get the ridges on the coin? I see you can map art to the front and back but the sides?
  • Maybe I missed this, but how did you get the ridges on the coin? I see you can map art to the front and back but the sides?
    Hi Nick, let me answer all your questions :)

1. The ridges on the coin are just strokes - you can add strokes around all extrudalized faces using the stroke controls in the Appearance section of the layer controller

2. at this time artwork can only be mapped to the front and back of the face, however we are working on the functionality that will allow mapping of art on the sides as well - it will be released in an update in the near future!

• The plugin is useful and I liked it very much! Especially liked the developers' attitude towards their product. I had questions that I could not find an answer to and IVG in discord took the time to explain everything in detail, for which I am very grateful. Definitely worth adding the plugin to your stock as there are more exciting updates to come! In short - highly recommended.
  • Can projects with Extrudalizer be opened without losing the extruded element on computers that dont have the plugin? Just wondering how portable it is, thanks
  • Hi Zak. Yes - you can open any project containing Extrudalizer on another computer, and it will be all working as intended with all controls operational. That being said, if you have optimized/baked the extrudalized shape(s) before handing over the project then controls may be unavailable. If you have any additional questions - you can use the discord link available on the Extrudalizer page, and I'll be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
  • Is this working on iOS/ Mac? and 2024 version of after effects?
  • Is this working on iOS/ Mac? and 2024 version of after effects?
    Hi Ender, 

Extrudalizer is compatible with AE 2024.  As for working on Mac - yes Extrudalizer works both on Mac's and Windows machines running AE. I am not entirely certain what you are asking about iOS - are you talking about playback in IOS browsers? or iOs apps?
  • I followed the artwork mapping for Lottie video, creating a front and back face shape layer that I then paste my artwork into, align, and group. Then, when I go to bake my extrudalizer shape for lottie, my artwork shape layers are pushed to the top left corner of my comp, and are no longer attached to my shape. Am I missing something? Would love something like the rocking horse tutorial where you then bake your animation and export out a successful lottie file. 
  • I followed the artwork mapping for Lottie video, creating a front and back face shape layer that I then paste my artwork into, align, and group. Then, when I go to bake my extrudalizer shape for lottie, my artwork shape layers are pushed to the top left corner of my comp, and are no longer attached to my shape. Am I missing something? Would love something like the rocking horse tutorial where you then bake your animation and export out a successful lottie file. 
    Hey Haydn,

I'd need to look at your setup the AEP to answer your question, if you'd visit the discord support channel I'd be able to troubleshoot it with you. What you're describing seems like some sort of bug. One thing to mention - you don't really need to bake anything to export to lottie. Extrudalizer is 100% compatible without any baking. 
  • I am trying to create an object that has multiple cylinder shapes combined (a telescope). But I need to make the entire object pivot — is it possible to use traditional 3D nulls or is the 3D movement confined to each shape individually? Thanks!
  • I am trying to create an object that has multiple cylinder shapes combined (a telescope). But I need to make the entire object pivot — is it possible to use traditional 3D nulls or is the 3D movement confined to each shape individually? Thanks!
    HI Joshua,

To do what you are describing would require you to create the multiple Extrudalized shapes, then you should make sure that the shapes are aligned one on top of the other, then you parent them, and then use the Extrudalizer position property to move them in 3D space so they will resemble a telescope, while the anchor of the shape remains in the same place as every other shape. Then you parent the rotation properties of each subsequent shape to the first one - then if you rotate that all the shapes will rotate around the common anchor point. 

If you have trouble achieving this please visit the discord help forum and I will happily walk you through step by step live.

good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

• Hello
    I recently purchased and used an Extrudalize.
    However, if I open the Extrudalize, my computer will slow down considerably.
    It's impossible to work on it, so am I setting it wrong?
    Please let me know if there is a way.
    Just in case, I'll let you know my computer specifications.

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700F   2.10 GHz
    RAM - 64GB
    Graphiccard - NVDIA Geforce RTX 4060
    Aftereffect - Version 24.3.0(Build50)

I look forward to hearing from you positively.
    Thank you