Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
Extrudalizer - Bring Your 2D Shapes to Life in 3D!
- 3D in 2D shape layers
- Artwork wrapping to shape’s surfaces
- 2D path animation translates into 3D animation
- Optimized unused properties removal
- 100% Lottie compatible export for web sans baking
- Baking for Lottie on iOS and Android
- Create a 2D shape layer in After Effects
- Launch the Extrudalizer script
- Configure Pre-Extrudalize options
- Adjust and animate appearance and 3D transformations
- Map artwork to any face(s) of the Extrudalized shape
- Export to Lottie
- Choose appearance parameters for front/back faces and shading for sides
- Control the number of sections for each curved segment
- Press the 'Extrudalize!' button to extrudalize a shape A custom controller is added to the shape layer and a text layer is created for calculating the position of each vertex in 3D space
- Transform extrudalized shape: center it, animate original shape, add null to vertices, reposition anchor in 3d space (new in 1.2.0)
- Map Artwork to any face, convert artwork precompositions to either Corner Pin effect or Transform Effect, Re-color each face individually
- Optimize for Lottie Export or Bake animation
Corner Pin Mapping: Creates a precomposition for each selected face and adds a Corner Pin effect to map artwork
- Pros: Least resource intensive, works with Front/Back Scale
- Cons: Not Lottie compatible
Transform Effect Mapping: Creates a precomposition for each selected face and adds a Transform effect to map artwork
- Pros: Lottie Compatible (Bodymovin 5.12+), use Raster assets for art mapping
- Cons: in After Effects, Front/Back scale does not accurately distort mapped sides, skew angles limited to 70 degrees however, after Lottie export, browser is not limited and displays everything correctly
Shape Layer Mapping: Creates artwork shape layer and then uses shape layer transform properties to map artwork
- Pros: compatible with older version Lottie players
- Cons: Currently limited to Front/Back mapping, limited to vector assets that must be contained inside one shape layer
- Demonstrates basic and more complicated Extrudalized shape creation, such as cube, cylinder, star, diamond etc.
- Applies a 'look' preset to Extrudalized layer, such as Translucency or Wireframe mode. Default returns the original look
- Adds animated loops on the indicated orbit axis of Extrudalized shape. This can create spinning, rotating, or oscillating effects on the shape and adds an extra dimension to the animation
- Extrusion depth: controls the depth of the Extrudalized shape.
- Position: controls the distance of the Extrudalized shape's origin from the anchor point.
- Scale: controls the scale the front and back of the Extrudalized shape from 1% to 200% of shape.
- Pitch: controls the rotation of the Extrudalized shape around its own center on the X, Y, and Z axis.
- Orbit Control: controls the rotation of the Extrudalized shape around the anchor point on the X, Y, and Z axis.
- Hide anchor point: toggles the anchor point.
- Wireframe mode: toggles wireframe mode for the Extrudalized shape.
- Edge stroke: controls the color and width of the stroke outlining every edge of the Extrudalized shape.
- Translucency: controls the level of semi-transparency of the Extrudalized shape.
- Front and Back: controls the color, opacity, gradient opacity and direction, gradient start and end points of the Extrudalized shape's front and back faces.
- Sides: controls the color, opacity, gradient opacity and direction, gradient length, fill shadow color and opacity of the Extrudalized shape's sides.
|After Effects||2023, 2022, 2021|