• Does this rely on the shatter effect ?
  • toma ever said:

Does this rely on the shatter effect ?

Yes, this effect has been used.
    You can try this extension for free.
  • A tuturial existst to do this for free...

how does this paid effect differ from the tutorial?
  • A tuturial existst to do this for free...

how does this paid effect differ from the tutorial?
    Most of the things that scripts do, can be done manually.
    But scripts are released for ease of use.

For this case: creating the required controllers, the possibility of changing the breaking time by markers, the possibility of creating several breaking pieces with several breaking times and more.

You can see these differences with this tutorial video:

• Installed and activated through the app. How do I find it in after effects. To start it
  • Installed and activated through the app. How do I find it in after effects. To start it
    Hi Levi , and thanks for purchase this product.

Please try this:
    And let me know the result.

If you have any issues please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=2138

Cheers,
    Masoud Ghazi from MotionCodes
  • Hello, i hope you can help me. How can i adjust the length of the Breaking subcomp? My whole animation has to be 30 Seconds and the break should apear at the end (28 sec). But after 15 Seconds the Main Figure (the one that breaks) is invisible? Also the Preomposition is not the original size of the maincomp? Thanks for your help
  • Hello, i hope you can help me. How can i adjust the length of the Breaking subcomp? My whole animation has to be 30 Seconds and the break should apear at the end (28 sec). But after 15 Seconds the Main Figure (the one that breaks) is invisible? Also the Preomposition is not the original size of the maincomp? Thanks for your help
    Hi ,
    To adjust animation duration you have to set it manually:
    Open the break folder on project panel and open the 3 compositions one by one, and after increasing the comp duration, expand the inner layers.
    In the break composition make sure that "Shy" button is off.

In the next update, the duration of the break composition will be equal to the duration of your current composition.

Cheers,
    Masoud Ghazi
  • it created a lot of empty precomps then , makes the shatter in a 1920x1080 comp in 29.97 fps
    i would want it on my original resolution and fps.
    i would want control on when the animation should continue instead of just stop mid air.
    control over thickness etc
    Promising tool with a lot of room for improvement.

• it created a lot of empty precomps then , makes the shatter in a 1920x1080 comp in 29.97 fps
    i would want it on my original resolution and fps.
    i would want control on when the animation should continue instead of just stop mid air.
    control over thickness etc
    Promising tool with a lot of room for improvement.

Thanks for your comment.
    In the next update, the duration, fps and size of the break composition will be equal to the original values.
  • For those considering purchasing this plugin, This plugin/rig is slightly above average, providing a nice basic rig suitable for beginners or those needing to quickly create this effect for fast-turnaround projects. Delving into the rig's mechanics, it essentially employs After Effects' default shatter effect, linked to a few sliders and occasional expression codes. As others have pointed out, it's evidently constructed following this tutorial - The disparity between this rig and the tutorial lies in the shatter effect's connection to various sliders. While the rig incorporates some simple expressions and markers to facilitate animation for newcomers, it doesn't rely heavily on complex expression codes, to be frank. There's room for improvement to enhance the rig, such as adding a rotation slider for the pattern tile and extrusion depth for thickness, to name a few. Overall, it's a neat, compact rig that aids production efficiency for both beginners and experts. However, the price tag of $19 seems rather excessive. Considering the current version (V1.1.2), I'd find it reasonable if priced between $2.50 to $5. At its current cost, $19 feels overpriced as of the time of writing this comment.

• Hey hi!
    Nice Script, i am here because of the PreComp size and FPS.
    I see, there is already feedback.
    I managed to change the stuff by hand.

Is there a Date for the Update, known?

Thanks!
    :)
  • Hi Adam,

In the new update (version 1.5.0), some features were created in the extension:
    As you said we added breaking patterns, particle thickness control, as well as several styles.
    Also improved the ability to break multiple times in multiple different places.
    We will try to make it better in future updates.

Cheers,
    Masoud Ghazi
  • Hey hi!
    Nice Script, i am here because of the PreComp size and FPS.
    I see, there is already feedback.
    I managed to change the stuff by hand.

Is there a Date for the Update, known?

Thanks!
    :)
    Hi Stefan, and thanks for your purchase.

These issues have been solved in the new update (version 1.5.0):
    • Size and frame rate of break composition was fixed.
    • Extrusion depth added (for thickness of broken particles).
    • More than 20 breaking pattern added .
    • And some styles added .
    Please try it and let me know if there is any problem.

Cheers,
    Masoud Ghazi
    MotionCodes

• I've used the AE scripts manager to install this and it's not showing up anywhere in the menus to use. You might consider a walkthrough. Not happy.
  • I've used the AE scripts manager to install this and it's not showing up anywhere in the menus to use. You might consider a walkthrough. Not happy.

Hi ,

Please see this FAQ to see if it helps:

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/

If your problem is still not solved, please also read this:

Please right-click and select 'Custom Installation' and make sure you are
    installing into the same version of After Effects that you are using.
    Please restart after installing.
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app-faq/#install-latest

If you have any issues please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=2138

Cheers,

Masoud Ghazi