Gaussian Splatting
  • Everything works perfectly. What an amazing plug in so much control.
    Thanks for fixing the Vega problem.
  • Hello, i'have this message : 

Failed to load model "/Users/*****/Downloads/25_04_2024.ply" with error: "File doesn't contain gaussian splats. Unexpected property nz and not scale_o before scale_1."

Can you help me.

Download gaussian splat from polycam

• Hello, Can you please fix error. I downloaded from Luma Ai with ply file. Im getting error when using plugin. "File doesn't contain gaussian splats. Property y must by of type float". **this error was from .point cloud. I downloaded using both methods (.ply point cloud, and Full mesh). Don't know how this is possible when this is a gaussian file. I got "must be only one element with name "vertex" but have "vertex", "face". This was all in vertical format too (1080 by 1920) **this error was from Full mesh.ply.
  • Hello, Can you please fix error. I downloaded from Luma Ai with ply file. Im getting error when using plugin. "File doesn't contain gaussian splats. Property y must by of type float". **this error was from .point cloud. I downloaded using both methods (.ply point cloud, and Full mesh). Don't know how this is possible when this is a gaussian file. I got "must be only one element with name "vertex" but have "vertex", "face". This was all in vertical format too (1080 by 1920) **this error was from Full mesh.ply.
    Please download Gaussian Splatting as shown on screenshot.
    luma_export.png
    1014 x 1333 - 210K

Failed to load model "/Users/*****/Downloads/25_04_2024.ply" with error: "File doesn't contain gaussian splats. Unexpected property nz and not scale_o before scale_1."

Can you help me.

Have you downloaded Splat PLY?
    2024-05-05_13-44-22.png
    2330 x 1448 - 2M
    Please download Gaussian Splatting as shown on screenshot.

This worked thank you!
  • Hello, working with this plugin has been extremely smooth for me, both on win and mac, great job!
    Quick question, does it work in actual AE 3d space?  I was trying to get it to occlude a 3d layer but it doesn't seem like that is possible?

Thanks
  • Hello, working with this plugin has been extremely smooth for me, both on win and mac, great job!
    Quick question, does it work in actual AE 3d space?  I was trying to get it to occlude a 3d layer but it doesn't seem like that is possible?

Thanks
    Ah never mind, layer order!

Thanks
    We working on new feature, it will allow you to use 2d layers as a model with correct z-depth.

Can you help me.

Have you downloaded Splat PLY?
    Yes, and it does it to all my polycam models, it doesn't work. 
    So I switched to Luma AI and it works fine. 
  • Hi question do you plan to add light support or normal map generator? That will be so useful. Thanks

Can you help me.

I encountered the same error after downloading the .ply file from Polycam. It seems to be fine with some scans, but not with others.
  • Hey there, it seems that this just happened recently. I had been playing with Splats generated through Polycam, using the Gaussian Splatting plugin (to great effect), and now all the newly generated models from Polycam cause AE to show the same error message ("Unexpected property nz and not scale_0 before scale_1"). 
    I wonder if something in Polycam's method caused the format to be slightly different. 
    I really would like to find a fix for this as I was incorporating these into a show that now relies on the effect, but only had used test captures and would need to replace those with the real models.
  • Hey there, it seems that this just happened recently. I had been playing with Splats generated through Polycam, using the Gaussian Splatting plugin (to great effect), and now all the newly generated models from Polycam cause AE to show the same error message ("Unexpected property nz and not scale_0 before scale_1"). 
    I wonder if something in Polycam's method caused the format to be slightly different. 
    I really would like to find a fix for this as I was incorporating these into a show that now relies on the effect, but only had used test captures and would need to replace those with the real models.
    Can you please open a ticket and send us the model for testing?
  • Thanks for reports, Polycam recently changed the file format, we working now on solving this issue.
  • Just solved Polycam models issue. Please download update with v1.1.1

• Thank you again for creating this plugin. There are still two major changes that could make it incredible. The first is to be able to adjust the color, focus, and contrast on each model independently (or be able to link this to an After Effects layer) directly in the Gaussian Splatting. And the second would be to not be limited to 5 models or to have an add-on module to assemble the Gaussians together before use. Are any updates planned soon? Thank you.