Gaussian Splatting
  • Just a heads-up: It wouldn't auto-install via aescripts Manager, instead giving a link to the downloaded folder for manual install, which I followed. 
    However, when opening Media Encoder, I got an error flagging an issue with this plugin, even though the AE project I was sending did not use the effect.
    I chose to disable it for the moment, in order to run my project through Media Encoder.
  • I'll be waiting for the Mac version!  Hurry up and start working on it!
  • Got super excited. So excited that I bought it right away. So I have it, but I also have mac instead of windows.. What's the aproximate time for a mac release? This year?
  • Got super excited. So excited that I bought it right away. So I have it, but I also have mac instead of windows.. What's the aproximate time for a mac release? This year?

Mac version is on final stage, hope to release it before end of this week.
  • Good afternoon. I do everything according to the instructions. When importing a .ply file, an error appears:
    Failed to load model "C:\Users\Serhii\Desktop\sample.ply" with error:""
    Link to video:

• Good afternoon. I do everything according to the instructions. When importing a .ply file, an error appears:
    Link to video:

Please make sure your file contains splats. If you export from LumaAI you need to choose Gaussian Splats. Tutorial is in progress.

Link to video:

Please make sure your file contains splats. If you export from LumaAI you need to choose Gaussian Splats. Tutorial is in progress.
    Understood. Thank you very much for your prompt response.
    Can you send me the file in .ply format so that I can check the functionality of the plugin?
    Thank you in advance

Link to video:

Can you send me the file in .ply format so that I can check the functionality of the plugin?
    Thank you in advance
    https://disk.yandex.ru/d/6yW9TD561CWEWQ unzip first
    luma_export_dialog.png
    1354 x 1702 - 429K

Link to video:

Thank you in advance
    https://disk.yandex.ru/d/6yW9TD561CWEWQ unzip first
    Everything worked out. Thank you very much. A little later I will create a space model and upload an example of work.
    mac version is released.
  • I'll be waiting for the Mac version!  Hurry up and start working on it!
    mac version is released.
  • Just a heads-up: It wouldn't auto-install via aescripts Manager, instead giving a link to the downloaded folder for manual install, which I followed. 
    However, when opening Media Encoder, I got an error flagging an issue with this plugin, even though the AE project I was sending did not use the effect.
    I chose to disable it for the moment, in order to run my project through Media Encoder.
    Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2396&direct=1

• Installed Mac version , but may after effects crash  when I apply the plugin , pls help 

• Installed Mac version , but may after effects crash  when I apply the plugin , pls help 

We need a crash log. And mac specs

We need a crash log. And Mac specs
    Hi, Can you pls guide me how to share the crash log ? 

iMac Pro = 2017

Processor - 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

Graphics - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

Mac OS - Sonoma 14.4.1

• Hi, Can you pls guide me how to share the crash log ? 
    Hi.
    1. When a crash occurs, you should see a dialog with the caption "Sorry, an error occured" and buttons "Send report" and "Don't send". In the dialog you can click on "View report". A file with a .dmp extension should appear in Finder. (The path should be something like /Users/<user name>/Library/Caches/Adobe/After\ Effects/24.0/SentryIO-db/pending/). Please let me know if you see an another dialog, it depends on AE version.
  • Can you do a tutorial that shows how you made these effects
    https://irrealix.com/video/gs/fikus_test1.mp4

For example, show us how you used Gaussian Splatting plugin with noise, color ramps, gradient ramps, scale and opacity ramps, etc. Would be helpful for beginners of after effects who want to know how they can use your plugin to do cool things
  • How do you use it? I tried to import a .ply into after effects and it doesn't work. Can't use plugin on obj. What do I do?
  • Can you do a tutorial that shows how you made these effects
    https://irrealix.com/video/gs/fikus_test1.mp4

For example, show us how you used Gaussian Splatting plugin with noise, color ramps, gradient ramps, scale and opacity ramps, etc. Would be helpful for beginners of after effects who want to know how they can use your plugin to do cool things

• How do you use it? I tried to import a .ply into after effects and it doesn't work. Can't use plugin on obj. What do I do?
    You need .ply with Gaussian Splats. In fact .ply can contain point clouds or mesh or splats.
    here is first tutorial: 
  • Hi,
    it works really well! 
    (Even it crashes sometimes when used with another plugin such as Dehancer)
    Can't wait to see a tutorial to learn more about this plugin.
    Thanks!
    If you catch a crash next time could you send us a crash report please?
  • Hi,

does anyone else get trouble on a Mac (intel), After effects 2024 or 2022 ?

I installed the trial with the download manager from aescripts...

But when i try to apply the gaussian splatter effect on a layer, it instantly crashes AE..
    any solution?

i Tried with different projet settings (Metal or CPU, mercury software, i dont know, i tired both).
    crashes.

I would pay for this plugin, .. definitly a good price..

Is anyone solved the crash problem?
    thanks
  • jojo coco said:
    Hi,

But when i try to apply the gaussian splatter effect on a layer, it instantly crashes AE..
    any solution?

i Tried with different projet settings (Metal or CPU, mercury software, i dont know, i tired both).
    crashes.

thanks

We have received your crash damp. Will try to solve it.
  • How to convert a ready-made 3D model, for example a .fbx file, into a compatible .ply?
    The question is important, since it is not very interesting to depend on temporarily free resources that are generated in this format.
  • jojo coco said:
    Hi,

any solution?

crashes.

thanks

We have received your crash damp. Will try to solve it.
    Having same problem , using 

iMac Pro = 2017

Processor - 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

Graphics - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

Mac OS - Sonoma 14.4.1

AE - V 24.3.0

I Haves shared the crash dump file 
  • Look at the amazing result!
    I'm just delighted!
    I can show you from the very beginning how to create your own models and integrate them into After Effects.
    I can also write what kind of computer I am using.
    I'm just delighted!
    I can show you from the very beginning how to create your own models and integrate them into After Effects.
    Please share your method. We working on script for Blender to make this conversion very fast. 
  • Hey there, 

using the plugin in trial mode. After importing .ply file i get the following error accessing the file through the plugin:

Failed to load model "H:cgi\GSplats\source\Aljojuca_Puebla_MX_PC.ply" with error: "File doesn't contain gaussian splats.
    Required 3 scale components but have 0."

.ply files were downloaded from sketchfab [made with luma ai] to test your plugin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Hey there, 

using the plugin in trial mode. After importing .ply file i get the following error accessing the file through the plugin:

Failed to load model "H:cgi\GSplats\source\Aljojuca_Puebla_MX_PC.ply" with error: "File doesn't contain gaussian splats.

.ply files were downloaded from sketchfab [made with luma ai] to test your plugin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Problem is .ply can contain mesh or point cloud or gaussian splats. LumaAI gives all variants. So you need to be sure you have download correct model. Try to download from lumalabs.ai from desktop. Look in FAQ at bottom of the page where to click to download . If you sure that your model is contain splats, please open a support ticket and include this model or link to download so we can check and solve if it is splats
  • Hey there, 

Here the sample used in tutorial: https://irrealix.com/downloads/samples/zip/gs_ficus.ply.zip

• Thanks Dmitriy... all working as expected. 
    I'm just delighted!
    Please share your method. We working on script for Blender to make this conversion very fast. 
    Great! I will prepare a video that will describe everything step by step.
  • Hi got your plugin last week. I’m using in Intel Mac Pro 2019 with the latest Sonoma OS. I was having the crashing problem which the last update fixed, however now I can load the plugin and add a .ply file but I just get a black screen. The model does not preview at all. Not sure if the Graphics card is an issue. I’m using a AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32GB. not sure what I’m doing wrong.
  • Hi got your plugin last week. I’m using in Intel Mac Pro 2019 with the latest Sonoma OS. I was having the crashing problem which the last update fixed, however now I can load the plugin and add a .ply file but I just get a black screen. The model does not preview at all. Not sure if the Graphics card is an issue. I’m using a AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32GB. not sure what I’m doing wrong.
    Same here, using iMac 2019 Vega, with latest Sonoma, AE 23... v 1.0.1 crashed AE, v 1.0.2. black screen... would love to buy and use this plugin in my new project. Thanks!
    Hello, looks like we have a problem only with Vega GPU for now. We are trying to solve this issue.
    Same here, using iMac 2019 Vega, with latest Sonoma, AE 23... v 1.0.1 crashed AE, v 1.0.2. black screen... would love to buy and use this plugin in my new project. Thanks!
    Will tell you when problem will be solved.
  • Hi. This is amazing being able to bring in gauss. splats into AE! I'm trying to figure out how to render a depth pass. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
  • Hi. This is amazing being able to bring in gauss. splats into AE! I'm trying to figure out how to render a depth pass. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Hello, this feature is almost ready. Will be available in next updates.
  • I have tested the plugin and it is very good. I have seen that when you use 2 gaussian models you can mix them in the same 3D environment, but if you create a 3d text inside After effects it does not integrate between the models. Could you get this?
  • I have tested the plugin and it is very good. I have seen that when you use 2 gaussian models you can mix them in the same 3D environment, but if you create a 3d text inside After effects it does not integrate between the models. Could you get this?
    We have feature in road map. it will take any layer and convert it in 2d splats. With this feature you will be able to render 3d text layers in same 3d environment. 
  • Hi, I have same black screen issue with iMac Pro and Vega...

• I am also having similar issue, have you found something useful?

Please wait for v1.0.3 the problem is solved and release will be available tomorrow
  • Hi, I have same black screen issue with iMac Pro and Vega...

please download v1.1 the problem is solved.
    please download v1.1 we add Depth pass