Elementary and strange views after import of Copter
  • Hi Everyone,

Running thru the helicopter tutorial everything is going well until after I import the helicopter.

At this point I apply my anchors, but once I start rotating the camera if I try to reset the copter

back onto the floor by using one of the anchors in the 4 way view, the only way to discribe it

is the camera drunk, in the video the floor in horizontal mine is not and the copter is rotated about.

It seems as if Im getting the POV from the camera in all view ports and not the actual side front

back and top views that Im expecting.

Having come from lightwave and never having done an animation in after effects what Im expecting

and what Im getting are throwing me.

Much appreciate any help.

Alan

• Hi Alan,
    it's most probably once more the incredible CS6 camera bug. Make sure you update AE to the latest version.
  • Thankyou Kevin, It did,nt occur to me Im doing it now. I was thrown when I was not getting the orthogonal view

that Im used to.

Thankyou once again Alan.

• That was the the problem Kevin, saved my scene with the chopper exported from element3d but with no

camera movement, updated AF reloaded scene all views now appear as they should.

Many thanks once again Alan.