• I tested this module.
    Positive sides:
    • Used as an effect;
    • The transformation and animation of the mask can be easily adjusted;
    • Export to Lotti.
    Negative sides:
    • Does not apply to all types of masks;
    • Cannot be transformed proportionally;
    • After using this module, you cannot animate the mask using anchor points during animation;
    • After applying this module, it is impossible to remove it from the layer.
    • Conclusion: an interesting and effective solution, but it requires a lot of improvements.
    I don't recommend it!
  • Looks interesting and I believe as a concept is something really useful.

There is one thing that would help in lot of situations, even the ones mentioned by Serhii: A way to bake Maskfrom transforms. If you could bake the transforms into the mask, you could continue doing whatever you want with the mask. 

Thumbgs up for a good concept! 
  • I tested this module.
    Positive sides:
    • Used as an effect;
    • The transformation and animation of the mask can be easily adjusted;
    • Export to Lotti.
    Negative sides:
    • Does not apply to all types of masks;
    • Cannot be transformed proportionally;
    • After using this module, you cannot animate the mask using anchor points during animation;
    • After applying this module, it is impossible to remove it from the layer.
    • Conclusion: an interesting and effective solution, but it requires a lot of improvements.
    I don't recommend it!
    Hi Serhii!
    Thanks for your detailed feedback! I appreciate it. Let me clear your misconceptions:
    • Does not apply to all types of masks
      Which types of masks are you talking about? After Effects has only Layer Masks and this script is designed for them.
    • Cannot be transformed proportionally
      Why not? Just make the X - Scale and Y - Scale values equal and you're good to go!
    • After using this module, you cannot animate the mask using anchor points during animation
      It does work with animated masks. If I didn't get your point, please elaborate it more.
    • After applying this module, it is impossible to remove it from the layer
      You can easily remove it from layer. It is just a combination of an expression and a pseudo effect. Just remove (or bake) the expression from Mask Path property and delete the respective pseudo effect.
    Best Regards,
    Hassaan Ahmad
  • Looks interesting and I believe as a concept is something really useful.

There is one thing that would help in lot of situations, even the ones mentioned by Serhii: A way to bake Maskfrom transforms. If you could bake the transforms into the mask, you could continue doing whatever you want with the mask. 

Thumbgs up for a good concept! 
    Hi Miika!
    Thanks for giving the feedback!
    You actually don't really need to bake mask transformations to continue editing masks. You can do it still having the Maskform applied. Just temporarily disable the expression on the Mask Path property, make changes in the mask (add vertices, move points, etc.) and then re-enable the expression. It's that simple!
    And speaking of the baking the transformations, you can bake them in the same way as you would any other expression.

Best Regards,
    Hassaan Ahmad
  • Serhii Sarkisian

what a noob... :DDD learn the program Sarki-San, before you start to talk nonsense!