Stereo 3D Toolkit
  • hello 
    i want 2 1 question my english is ____ ? you know what i mean anyways i wanna ask can i saw the 3d effect through ur stereo kit on my simple LCD in short i mean paper glasses or simpple moniter work to see the effect 
  • I am using the rig for a big project but it crashes all the time.
    We bought the plugin to work nicely with plugins such as vcp element and some trapcode products.
    Any fixes?

• can i saw the 3d effect through ur stereo kit on my simple LCD in short i mean paper glasses or simpple moniter work to see the effect 
    You can view the stereo 3d effect using paper 3d glasses (red and blue lenses) on a normal lcd monitor.

• I am using the rig for a big project but it crashes all the time.
    Is the script crashing when you run the new S3D or update S3D functions? Or is AE crashing randomly while you are working?

I am currently working on an update to the toolkit.  It may help you as well.  You can email [email protected] to get a copy of the latest working Beta. 
  • Ryan,

This script was the BEST! I did a project with my first entrance into 3d, and before I found this I was so frustrated. This really saved a bunch of time. 

Thanks for making a great script.

Sincerely,
    Peter Baker

• Hi Ryan
    Few questions before buying.
    Can you use 3d footages shot in real life (left and right channel) ?
    For example I have an actor shot with 3d camera from panasonic on green screen.
    How can I use it?
    What is the process to get full stereoscopic management with element 3d?
    Thanx for your answers.
    Greg
  • Hi Greg,

You can use the S3D toolkit to create additional graphics for stereoscopic video footage.  This process is much easier using the upcoming v2.0 release.

The beta of v2.0 is available here:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52089438/S3D_Toolkit_v2_BETA_2013_02_11.zip

Tutorial:

As far as working with Element, there are no extra steps needed.  It will work like any other effect that uses a Camera or 3D layer.  In the tutorial I cover using VCP Optical Flares, it works the same way as Element.

There has also been an update to the UI since the tutorial video was made.    The pop-up windows to create a new S3D Comp have been replaced with a selection based method.

To create a New S3D composition:
    -Select the composition in the project window
    -Select the camera in the timeline
    -Press "New" in the S3D Toolkit UI Panel

To Update S3D comps:
    -Select the master _S3D composition in the projection window
    -Press "Update" in the S3D Toolkit UI Panel

There will be additional video tutorials about the specifics of working with video, C4D and Maya posted before v2.0 is officially released.  Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

-Ryan

• Ryan
    I tested the v2 beta...worked nice in the beginning...now doesn't work anymore...I can't even update the S3D comps I created with it...
    I encounter also strange mistakes (null is not an object and another one, like undefined is not an object...)
    I don't know why it used to work and not anymore.
    If I buy the current version, will the 2.0 update be free?Any idea when it will be out?
    Thanx for letting me test the beta you re working on...
    But I m so sorry it doesn t work anymore.
    Have a nice day!
    Greg
  • Hi Greg,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.  If part of the S3D workflow was renamed or deleted by accident it could cause an error like you are describing.  Would you mind sending me the project in question? Or possibly some screen shots of the error you are getting?  I would like to make sure I can resolve this issue before releasing the final version of the script.

Please send to: [email protected]

The final release of v2.0 will be a paid update.  However, beta testers and those who recently purchased v1.0 will get free licenses.

-Ryan
  • When will 2.0 be released?
  • When will 2.0 be released?
    V2 should be out this summer.  If you would like to try the beta, email [email protected]