ExpressionUniversalizer 2
  • This version (2.1) seems to be very slow.... I got "ScrIpt Alert" "null" error message and the script freezes
  • This version (2.1) seems to be very slow.... I got "ScrIpt Alert" "null" error message and the script freezes
    Just posted v2.02 that is more optimized and fixes a rare bug that might be what you are running into. Please update and let us know if you are still having trouble.  You can find the new version in the 'My Downloads & Licenses'  section of your user account.  
  • I will test this new release tomorrow. Thank you
  • The 2.02 release seems to be much faster and I got no error message this time
  • The 2.02 release seems to be much faster and I got no error message this time
    Fantastic!  Thanks for the followup :)
  • With such expressions (see example) the  EU 2.0.2 script gives alot of errors...

Expression example:

scr = comp("BOX_05").layer("Controls");
     x = scr.effect("<X> Rotation")(1);
     y = scr.effect("<Y> Rotation")(1);
     z = scr.effect("<Z> Rotation")(1);

Script result:

scr = comp("BOX_05").layer("Controls");
     x = scr.effect("null")(undefinednullundefined);
     y = scr.effect("null")(undefinednullundefined);
     z = scr.effect("null")(undefinednullundefined);

• problem solved through great support from Lloyd
  • Same probblem with the following expression:
    Can you please open a support ticket and upload the project file (just the .aep no footage) that is giving you the error so that we can look into it?  
  • I just opened a support ticket, as you wrote
  • Really great support and impressive reactivity from Lloyd.
    Clear explanations and fast script update;

Thank you very much
  • v2.0.4 just posted fixes Yann's issue plus some other improvements :)
  • Hi,

I just purchased EU (latest update) and I own the german version of AE CC.
    I did a lot expressions (Slider, Checkbox, Color) in 10 comps with Element 3D. After I finished my project (in german), I ran EU.
    I checked it in the english version of AE CC and got a loooot of expression errors.
    Many of the expressions (more than 250) seemed to were done, but EU missed some of them - especially the "Checkbox Controls".
    There is still the german expression "Kontrollkästchen" instead of "ADBE Checkbox Control-0001". In all of the comps !
    And also some Sliders (in german "Schieberegler") are still in german...

Please help or update - I need this project to be internationalized !

Here are some pics:

This is the result after EU in the german AE CC and when opened in the english version of AE CC (latest version).
    Some german expression are still there:

This is the Effects Panel opened in the english version:

• I just purchased EU (latest update) and I own the german version of AE CC.
    I did a lot expressions (Slider, Checkbox, Color) in 10 comps with Element 3D. After I finished my project (in german), I ran EU.
    I checked it in the english version of AE CC and got a loooot of expression errors.
    I suspect the issue is the parenthesis in your effects names.  The quick solution is for you to rename those effects without parenthesis and running EU again.  Once the project has been universalized you can rename them back with the parenthesis.  I will take a look at the expression parses with your example to see if I can find the bug but this of course will take longer so I would suggest you try the renaming option first.

• I suspect the issue is the parenthesis in your effects names.  The quick solution is for you to rename those effects without parenthesis and running EU again.  Once the project has been universalized you can rename them back with the parenthesis.  I will take a look at the expression parses with your example to see if I can find the bug but this of course will take longer so I would suggest you try the renaming option first.
    Thank you for the answer.
    I'll try this.
    I also send you a file to your inbox to check my settings.
    Is it possible, that you can fix this "parenthesis" in your next update ?
    Or would you suggest using this: "[" and "]" ?

Thanx

Serge

Edit: works with "[" and "]" :)
  • Is it possible, that you can fix this "parenthesis" in your next update ?
    Yes, most definitely.  If you can open a support ticket and send me your project file that would be most helpful.

And the reason it works with [ ] is because the ( ) in the name must be confusing the parser since the expression is wrapped in parenthesis itself.  But in either case we should be able to fix, thanks for reporting the issue.
  • Just posted v.2.0.7 which fixes the issue with parenthesis in the effects name. You can download it from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 
  • Just posted v.2.0.7 which fixes the issue with parenthesis in the effects name. You can download it from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 
    Great support !  It now works  with "[" and "]" :)
    :)
  • Thank you!
  • Hi Lloyd, we are using your Universalizer to universalize our After Effects Templates. However, I get a 'Failed to create Script Panel'.
    This sounds like you did not install properly. Did you install in ScriptUI Panels according to the instructions? If you are still having trouble please open a support ticket and include as many details as possible including screenshot and your version of AE for us to best be able to help you.
  • Hi. Not sure if this question has been answered here but is this script compatible with Slim Expression Controls and be able to universalize pseudo effects? I've already purchased and applied Slim Expressions Controls to my project but hope that ExpressionUniversalizer will help to make my project work on any language of AE. Thanks.
  • Hi. Not sure if this question has been answered here but is this script compatible with Slim Expression Controls and be able to universalize pseudo effects? I've already purchased and applied Slim Expressions Controls to my project but hope that ExpressionUniversalizer will help to make my project work on any language of AE. Thanks.
    pseudo effects should not need to be universalized but ExpressionUniversalizer is compatible with any expression it does not matter what the effect is. Basically if your project gives error when opened on a foreign language then it needs to be universalized!
  • This script is really impressive  and very useful. In addition, the updates are frequent.
    But more importantly, Lloyd is very reactive and always listening to users. So, all of us, can benefit of his great skills.
  • This script is really impressive  and very useful. In addition, the updates are frequent.
    But more importantly, Lloyd is very reactive and always listening to users. So, all of us, can benefit of his great skills.
    My pleasure, thanks for providind excellent test cases!  It makes the product stronger and better for everyone.
  • Hi! I have troubles with Unvirsalizer.
    I have 2 kinds of expressions in my project, usual and maked with Alt key.
    When I start process to universalize, process is freezed on expression maked with Alt key. Also process changed name of expression control and disabled expression.
  • Hi! I have troubles with Unvirsalizer.
    I have 2 kinds of expressions in my project, usual and maked with Alt key.
    When I start process to universalize, process is freezed on expression maked with Alt key. Also process changed name of expression control and disabled expression.
    Please open a support ticket and submit a reduced version of your project that shows the issue also explain what you mean by "made with alt key" mean as we don't understand what you mean. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • "made with alt key"
    I meant expression link done with holded "Alt" key.
    I had already decided my issue. I shouldn't to use default name "Slider control".
    Thanks for quick reply.

• "made with alt key"
    I meant expression link done with holded "Alt" key.
    I had already decided my issue. I shouldn't to use default name "Slider control".
    Thanks for quick reply.

we would still love to see what the problem is so please send us your project if you don't mind.

• I make a video for show issue

• I make a video for show issue
    Thanks for the video, you are using a very old version of EU. Please update to the current version (v2.5.5) which you can download from  the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 
  • wow
    I checked new version, has no troubles)
    Thanks!
  • Does this on pseudo effects? I downloaded the trial version but it said it converted 0 expressions, is this because it's the trial version or is this because it won't work on my specific project?
  • Does this on pseudo effects? I downloaded the trial version but it said it converted 0 expressions, is this because it's the trial version or is this because it won't work on my specific project?
    Trial version works the same as the full version. Please open a support ticket and submit screenshots and the ae project showing the expressions that are not converted.
  • Thank again to Lloyd. Once again he provided a clean script update with better features. Impressive support.
  • Works!!! Save me a weekend!
  • Hello Lloyd, not sure if its better to submit a support ticket or comment here first. Anyways. I have version 2.5.11, and whats seems to be happening, is the script freezes( it stops processing) when ever it hits an expression that refers to a layer by its index number for example it kept freezing on this expression,
    targetCompName = "Intro";  //change this to the name of the comp that contains the controller without the numbers at the end
    substrings = thisComp.name.split(' ');
    compName = targetCompName + " " + substrings[substrings.length - 1];
    comp(compName).layer(1).effect("BG Color 02")("Color")

When I went to that layer's expression and changed the index (1) to the layer name, and re ran the script it then processed that layer, but proceeded to freeze on the next layer which refereed to the layer by index as well. Now when I wrote the expressions all of them refer to the control layer they were pick whipped to by the layers index, not the name, so I'm hoping I wont have to sort through all of the expressions and change that for the script to work, if that is indeed the problem.
    thanks for all of your time and amazing scripts.
  • Hello Lloyd, not sure if its better to submit a support ticket or comment here first. Anyways. I have version 2.5.11, and whats seems to be happening, is the script freezes( it stops processing) when ever it hits an expression that refers to a layer by its index number for example it kept freezing on this expression,targetCompName = "Intro";  //change this to the name of the comp that contains the controller without the numbers at the endsubstrings = thisComp.name.split(' ');
    compName = targetCompName + " " + substrings[substrings.length - 1];comp(compName).layer(1).effect("BG Color 02")("Color")

When I went to that layer's expression and changed the index (1) to the layer name, and re ran the script it then processed that layer, but proceeded to freeze on the next layer which refereed to the layer by index as well. Now when I wrote the expressions all of them refer to the control layer they were pick whipped to by the layers index, not the name, so I'm hoping I wont have to sort through all of the expressions and change that for the script to work, if that is indeed the problem.thanks for all of your time and amazing scripts.
    Yes please open a support ticket and upload a reduced project that has the issue. If there are several comps please indicate which comp and layer it is.
  • Hi, thanks for the great script :)
    I'm having a minor issue - upon universalizing, the script fails to add the "universalized" tag to the altered expressions (the checkbox is checked, of course). I'm running CS5, and I just now noticed that compatibility starts with CS6. Other than the tag, however, it seems to do the job. I've had this issue with 2.5.11 and 2.5.12 as well. Is this the CS5 case?
    Thanks,
    Peter
  • Hi, thanks for the great script :)
    I'm having a minor issue - upon universalizing, the script fails to add the "universalized" tag to the altered expressions (the checkbox is checked, of course). I'm running CS5, and I just now noticed that compatibility starts with CS6. Other than the tag, however, it seems to do the job. I've had this issue with 2.5.11 and 2.5.12 as well. Is this the CS5 case?
    Thanks,
    Peter
    Please download version 2.5.13 which has a fix for this issue.
  • Please download version 2.5.13 which has a fix for this issue.
    Wow, thanks! By the way, I think it's safe to add CS5 to compatibility list ;)
    Thanks again for help and this superb work of a script.
  • Please download version 2.5.13 which has a fix for this issue.
    Wow, thanks! By the way, I think it's safe to add CS5 to compatibility list ;)
    Thanks again for help and this superb work of a script.
    Uh, it seems I was a bit too quick and wrote this before testing out the new version - I'm still having this issue :(
    Is there any additional info I could provide to help fix this?
  • Uh, it seems I was a bit too quick and wrote this before testing out the new version - I'm still having this issue :(
    Is there any additional info I could provide to help fix this?

Please open a support ticket and provide screenshots and the project file so we can look into it further: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=479
  • This works beautifully :)