Add Edit Markers
  • I don't see how to use this to improve my efficiency.
    Do you have any tips ? How do you use it yourself?

Usually I use only one marker a the end of a precomposed element to make the correct timing transition in the parent composition between all precomposed elements.
    Maybe you know some interesting uses of them ?

Thank you !
  • This is the most useless script I've ever seen on this site.
  • This is useful if you want to see your edit points when the layers are pre-comped.  Also just because something is not immediately useful to you it does not mean it is "useless" or not useful to someone.  Please keep your comments constructive.

I created this on a request from Aetuts+ who will be releasing a tutorial that incorporates this in it's workflow.  We will post a link to it once it is publshed.
  •  don't see how to use this to improve my efficiency. Do you have any tips ? How do you use it yourself?
    Usually I use only one marker a the end of a precomposed element to make the correct timing transition in the parent composition between all precomposed elements. Maybe you know some interesting uses of them ?
    Thank you !

It's just what I've been looking for! 
    Ilyes DAOUDI asked how it can improve efficiency: I get a lot of edit beds from my producers which I then break down into individual cuts, but keep in one comp. Often I need to know the length of each cut/clip, and by having a marker at the beginning and end of each clip, then alt clicking on the first marker and then the end marker I get an exact reading of the duration of the clip in the info palette. This script saves me doing the markers manually. When minutes count it helps a lot. Very useful. Thanks!

• It's just what I've been looking for! 
    Ilyes DAOUDI asked how it can improve efficiency: I get a lot of edit beds from my producers which I then break down into individual cuts, but keep in one comp. Often I need to know the length of each cut/clip, and by having a marker at the beginning and end of each clip, then alt clicking on the first marker and then the end marker I get an exact reading of the duration of the clip in the info palette. This script saves me doing the markers manually. When minutes count it helps a lot. Very useful. Thanks!

Awesome tip ! :D

I don't do much editing.
    I'm sure it will help plenty of people, as always with your scripts !

Thanks for sharing 

• Probably a useless comment on an 8-year-old script, but another thing that would be handy is creating split markers for the duration of a layer, especially on the comp level. In any case, this is going to save me a ton of time today, so well worth it. Thanks!
  • Probably a useless comment on an 8-year-old script, but another thing that would be handy is creating split markers for the duration of a layer, especially on the comp level. In any case, this is going to save me a ton of time today, so well worth it. Thanks!
    Not useless at all! Check the latest version ;-)
    Not useless at all! Check the latest version ;-)
    You beautiful man, you.