• This is friggin awesome! I've been using this for a couple of days on intense character rigs, don't know how I lived without it before.

THANK YOU!

• @Rich - thanks, i'm happy to hear it's helping you out.
  • I'm not sure what the deal is, but I can't get this to work. I'm in CS6, and applying it to an .ai file with the puppet tool applied. I select "Apply Pins to Nulls" and nothing happens. The Layer Loop works, but nothing else seems too. 
  • Hmm.. I'm not sure what happened but I added the script to the script folder also, and not just the Script UI Panels and it seems to be working now. Weird! It might have just been restarting AE, but I'd already done that several times after installing the plugin. 
  • @Remington McElhaney - That is weird. It should work just fine in the Script UI Panels folder. If you run into anyth trouble, post back here and I'll do my best to help. 

Thanks for purchasing it.
  • I'm expierencing the same problem as Remington McElhaney - tried to get it work in both versions of AE, CS5 and CS6 - both times with the same result: the loop function works, but nothing else of the script.
    I also added the script in both AE versions in the Script UI Panels and also in the normal Scripts Folder - no difference except, that the popup window looks different, depending if you run the script from within the window panel, or through opening it by choosing File/Scripts/gg_PuppetTools...

So please help! I really like to work with it, not only because I already paid for it, but also because I really need it for a job!!!
    Is there maybe something wrong with the file I've downloaded from AEscripts?
    Does anybody facing the same problems with this script?
  • So after using it for a couple weeks here's what I've figured out. It works, but only if I load the script through the file menu, and then the dockable script will work. If I try to use it before I load it manually, the dockable script does nothing. 

It's a minor inconvenience but not a big deal. I love this script so much! So much easier then using the pins, or setting up nulls with expressions manually. 
  • Remington,

Very strange. I haven't run into that issue yet, but I will look into resolving it. Glad to hear the script is helping you otherwise. Thanks again for picking it up.
  • Argh!  Thought it wasn't working either; all the Drop Down menus are grayed. Then I discovered there are Check Boxes in the Puppet Tool UI that have to be clicked on to enable the drop down selectors.  The Demo video doesn't show it that way.  Knew there had to be a simple answer.
  • Mark,

Heh, just replied to your email and then saw this. Good to hear you got it workin'!
  • After I import characters in from Illustrator wilth limbs separated into layers, I click on a limb make three points with the puppet tool, and when I click Apply Pin to Nulls it does it but moves the limb very far away from the rest of the character. Do you know why it's doing this and how I can avoid it? Thanks!
  • Hey Steven,

That typically happens when the layer's anchor point was moved. Try resetting your anchor point and then running the script again. You can do that by selecting the layer, pressing "a" to twirl down the anchor point property, right-clicking on it and selecting "reset."

If that doesn't work, try precomping the layer before you add puppet pins.
  • Great script! Can it be used on multiple layers? Meaning, upper arm, lower arm, and hand all on different layers without precomping? Thanks.
  • Walter,

Thanks! It can be used on multiple layers — just not all at once. You’d have to apply it per layer.

In regards to precomping, it should work without it. Though, when you mess with the anchor point value and scaling, things tend to get weird.
  • I'm having a couple of issues with this plugin. Firstly, whenever I apply the nulls, they show up quite a ways away from where I placed the puppet pins. Secondly, the shape layer I am trying affect disappears. The only way I can see it is if I move the layer around away from where I need the layer to be.

• Jorge,

Layer jumping usually happens when the anchor point is moved before running the script. Try resetting your anchor point and then running the script again. You can do that by selecting the layer, pressing "a" to twirl down the anchor point property, right-clicking on it and selecting "reset."

If that doesn't work, try precomping the layer before you add puppet pins.

Shape layers can be tricky. If neither of the above work for you, I'd be happy to look at your file. You can email it to greg -at- ggunn.com -dot- com