BG Renderer Basic
  • Here the message:

Launching aerender...

aerender version 12.0x404

Using DXGI: Device: "ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series" has dedicated video RAM <MB>: 10

LoadLibrary "n" failed!

LoadLibrary "n" failed!

Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!

aerender Error: After Effects error: Unable to call ˪open↔ because of parame

ter 1. Path is not valid. Path  ˪H:\Premeire Projects\Vek-Nol clip\AE 4.aep↔ 

I'm using Windows 8 x64, After Effects CC

• Looks like you have a few problems.  Do you have any custom ATI drivers that might need updating?  Also,it looks like you are using an unsupported version of Quicktime.  Lastly the last error means that After Effects is not able to read the project in this location: H:\Premeire Projects\Vek-Nol clip\AE 4.aep Make sure that AE has full read and write permissions to that folder.  By the way, this is an After Effects issue and not a BG Renderer issues.  BG Renderer successfully launched the BG Render and it failed when AE tried to load the project.
  • Hi!
    Been really enjoying your script!  I have been using it on a mac with Adobe CC but I recently have moved to a pc with CC and now when I use it, it says <"The file you are attempting to open was created with After Effects version12.2 <Windows 64> and cannot be opened with with this version..."
    I have the latest version installed and it can render normally with no problems.
    Any ideas how to get it working. 
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks again!
  • Been really enjoying your script!  I have been using it on a mac with Adobe CC but I recently have moved to a pc with CC and now when I use it, it says <"The file you are attempting to open was created with After Effects version12.2 <Windows 64> and cannot be opened with with this version..."
    Do you have any other versions of AE installed?  It sounds like the project is being opened with an earlier version. You might want to check your installation.
  • AH, ok yes. I do have CS6 installed as well. Let me see what I can do and Ill get back to you. Thank you!
  • great script! just trying the demo! Thanks!
  • Wonderful script, hopefully.
  • I'm having some strange problems with my BG Renderer. It's always worked great, but today when I've launched a multiprocessor render, it keeps completing the render early. The stop of the render seems to be triggered by AE (or possibly another Adobe program as I'm also running Photoshop). At first, when I opened the "File" dialogue in AE to get a new project up, BG Renderer stopped as soon as I selected "File." I did a full restart and was able to start BG Renderer and then open a new AE project. But after about 2 minutes, again the render finished far short of the full output settings. I'm not getting any error messages at all. It's strange since I haven't had problems with this in the past. I updated AE CC 2014 the other day, but this problem didn't start right after that.
    Any chance the "Adobe Crash Daemon" that's running in Activity Monitor has something to do with it?

Thanks for your help!
  • I'm having some strange problems with my BG Renderer. It's always worked great, but today when I've launched a multiprocessor render, it keeps completing the render early. The stop of the render seems to be triggered by AE (or possibly another Adobe program as I'm also running Photoshop). At first, when I opened the "File" dialogue in AE to get a new project up, BG Renderer stopped as soon as I selected "File." I did a full restart and was able to start BG Renderer and then open a new AE project. But after about 2 minutes, again the render finished far short of the full output settings. I'm not getting any error messages at all. It's strange since I haven't had problems with this in the past. I updated AE CC 2014 the other day, but this problem didn't start right after that.
    Any chance the "Adobe Crash Daemon" that's running in Activity Monitor has something to do with it?

Thanks for your help!
    Don't use MP, instead use the "Save BG Launcher" option to launch multi-proc renders. Check the video tutorial for details on how to use it.  Adobe has acknowledged that their MP implementation was never very good or reliable so it's best not to use it.
  • Script is not working on AE CC 13.2  MacOS((( - Terminal is not launch
  • Script is not working on AE CC 13.2  MacOS((( - Terminal is not launch

Can't help you unless you give me more details. Best way to do this is to record a screencast and open a support ticket.
  • Hi!
    I'm having some Problems since CS6 with BG-Render Basic. I'm working in Windows8. Somehow BG-Renderer seems to write Cache Files on the System Drive (C:). That causes that C: is quickly full, and then render errors occur (f.E. Photoshop Libary operation failed). I can also clearly see that C: is completly full, and its blocking my whole computer.
    In AE under Preferences I configured BG-Renderer to use the Cache and Media Cache on a special SSD-Drive, but BG-Renderer seems to ignore this setting. Can you help?
  • Hi!
    I'm having some Problems since CS6 with BG-Render Basic. I'm working in Windows8. Somehow BG-Renderer seems to write Cache Files on the System Drive (C:). That causes that C: is quickly full, and then render errors occur (f.E. Photoshop Libary operation failed). I can also clearly see that C: is completly full, and its blocking my whole computer.
    In AE under Preferences I configured BG-Renderer to use the Cache and Media Cache on a special SSD-Drive, but BG-Renderer seems to ignore this setting. Can you help?
    BG Renderer does not write any cache, After Effects does. Please change the cache settings in the After Effects preferences.
  • Hi Llyod! Strange.. thats what I did. In the preferences the Disk-Cache and the Media Cache are all on a seperate Layer than C:
    Still it fills up the C: Disk. It is a Windows PC, with several user accounts. Could it be that BG-Renderer uses the settings of another After-Effects, installed under another user accound (like admin) instead, and not the currently subscribed user?
  • Hi Llyod! Strange.. thats what I did. In the preferences the Disk-Cache and the Media Cache are all on a seperate Layer than C:
    Still it fills up the C: Disk. It is a Windows PC, with several user accounts. Could it be that BG-Renderer uses the settings of another After-Effects, installed under another user accound (like admin) instead, and not the currently subscribed user?
    aerender does not create any cache so the cache is being created by something else.
  • I see some people in the comments saying they are running the script with newer versions of AE but the under the compatibility tab the latest AE compatible versions says CS5.5. Is it compatible with the latest version of AE?
  • I see some people in the comments saying they are running the script with newer versions of AE but the under the compatibility tab the latest AE compatible versions says CS5.5. Is it compatible with the latest version of AE?
    It is not officially supported but as you read many users are using it succesfully and you can always let us know if you have any issues and we will do our best to help.
  • when i run bg render on 13.6.0.165 windows 7, it seems to get stuck saying "non-default knobs". Is there a way to get it working again?
  • when i run bg render on 13.6.0.165 windows 7, it seems to get stuck saying "non-default knobs". Is there a way to get it working again?
    Never heard of this error before. Can you open a support ticket and provide a screenshot of the error?
  • Can we run multiple instances of it like we can do with aerender.exe using Windows command line? Also, is it possible to call batch or cmd files pre and post rendering? If yes, can these calls to batch files be added to command line statements? Thanks.
  • Can we run multiple instances of it like we can do with aerender.exe using Windows command line? Also, is it possible to call batch or cmd files pre and post rendering? If yes, can these calls to batch files be added to command line statements? Thanks.

Yes but only with the pro version https://aescripts.com/bg-renderer. and only post action not pre.
  • Thanks Lloyd for quick response. Where can I see documentation on command line instructions and arguments for Windows? Besides post render script call feature, what other advantages does pro version offer over using aerender? Thanks.
  • Thanks Lloyd for quick response. Where can I see documentation on command line instructions and arguments for Windows? Besides post render script call feature, what other advantages does pro version offer over using aerender? Thanks.
    BG Renderer uses aerender to render.  And you can run any command line instruction you'd like as it simply passes the command line to the operating system's command line.  BG Renderer has some special keywords you can you which are documented on the product page and tutorial video: https://aescripts.com/bg-renderer
  • Since upgrading to El Capitan BG Render no longer works.  Just nothing.  
    The terminal gets nothing and no failure warning in the console.  Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?
  • Since upgrading to El Capitan BG Render no longer works.  Just nothing.  
    The terminal gets nothing and no failure warning in the console.  Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?
    We don't have any other reported issues with El Capitan so we suspect it's something else. Can you try a different project rendering to a clean path like the Desktop?  Also make sure your user account does not have any permissions issues so perhaps try a different user account as well if possible.
  • That didn't work but I did try it in a different user account and it did work.  Thanks.  I'll dig into it more and figure it out.
  • Well, I can't figure it out.  I reset the Terminal to default, blew away the .bash_profile, and everything else, and still no good.  Something is blocking my terminal from getting the code.  The terminal gets nothing.  If it's not already open it doesn't open, so it's not receiving any command at all.  Oddly, it worked just fine under my guest login account.  
    BTW, I am using the older BG_renderer v02.

If you can think of anything please let me know.  I thought there was a scriptUI panel years ago that was like a console like Maya that would give feedback, but I can't find it.  Do you know of anything like that?

Thanks!
  • I thought there was a scriptUI panel years ago that was like a console like Maya that would give feedback, but I can't find it.  Do you know of anything like that?
    Sorry not familiar with that so can't say.
  • hi

I've been using BG renderer for years, love it!  - but last few tries after the terminal launches I get:

'aerender version 11.0.4x2

PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...

PROGRESS: ...After Effects successfully launched

aerender ERROR -609: AESend failed to send apple event at line 769'

and then it stops.. could be because of recent upgrade to El capitan?

thanks

• hi

I've been using BG renderer for years, love it!  - but last few tries after the terminal launches I get:

'aerender version 11.0.4x2

PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...

PROGRESS: ...After Effects successfully launched

aerender ERROR -609: AESend failed to send apple event at line 769'

and then it stops.. could be because of recent upgrade to El capitan?

thanks

Please see these comments on the same topic: