• Hey Salahuddin,

Terrific script - couple of things you might like to look at:
    1. numbers with decimal points get reversed 10.00 becomes 00.10 when pasted into AE
    2. it would very useful if the input dialog preserved line feeds when pasting into AE
    3. % signs get reversed - so %مؤهل لكسب 6 comes out as مؤهل لكسب %6
  • Hi,

If I have a layer of imported Arabic text in AE(which would read incorrectly) can I apply this script to the already existing layer?

Thanks,
    P
  • If I have a layer of imported Arabic text in AE(which would read incorrectly) can I apply this script to the already existing layer?
    Unfortuantely not, you need to enter the text via the script UI
  • Hi,

Have some concerns about the plug-in:
    - Can I choose the font that I would like to use?
    - After clicking Do IT, If I want to alter some of the animations; for instance instead of rotating this certain phrase I would like to slide it in, can I do that? If yes then can you refer me to the forum or the video that shows that. I have been trying to look for it but I guess I wasn't fortunate enough :).
    - I downloaded the trial version of the TypeMonkey and was playing around in English text but had some problems with the timings as the comp was 2 sec and the sentence I used would fit in 2 sec but I had to increase the comp to 3 sec to fit the animation? again if there is some forum that I can be reffered to it would be great.

Thnx
  • Have some concerns about the plug-in:

Sounds like you are referring to TypeMonkey and the TypeMonkey Arabic Text modifier and not the Arabic Text script. There are many tutorial videos on the TypeMonkey product page (under VIDEOS tab) that should answer your questions.  If you still have questions, please post your question in the TypeMonkey discussion or open a support ticket for help.
  • hi,
    does this script work in CC. Doesn't seem to be..
  • hi,
    does this script work in CC. Doesn't seem to be..
    It is not officially supported but if you tell us what your issue is we might be able to help. The more details you provide the more likely we'll be able to help.
  • Arabic text work in cc 2014
  • Arabic text work in cc 2014
    Yes it works in CC2014.
  • Hi there,

Great app. Worked well for Persian and Arabic, but I am having some issues with it for Assyrian. When I paste it into the ArabicText plugin the full sentence appears in the right way in the plugin box, however when I click Apply it flips the word around making it wrong again. It keeps the words in the right place, but the letters are flipped around (so the first letter of a word is last) . 
    Do you know any way to fix this?
  • Hi there,

Great app. Worked well for Persian and Arabic, but I am having some issues with it for Assyrian. When I paste it into the ArabicText plugin the full sentence appears in the right way in the plugin box, however when I click Apply it flips the word around making it wrong again. It keeps the words in the right place, but the letters are flipped around (so the first letter of a word is last) . 
    Do you know any way to fix this?
    It was not designed to work with Assyrian but you are welcome to open a support ticket and file a feature request.
  • Working well here for point text but it seems to go slightly screwy with paragraph text - paragraphs are in correct order top-to-bottom, but within individual paragraphs the LINES flow from bottom-to-top, despite the bottom-most line being the one that trails short as normal. Hard to explain without a visual example, but would love to know if there is a workaround for paragraph text.
  • Working well here for point text but it seems to go slightly screwy with paragraph text - paragraphs are in correct order top-to-bottom, but within individual paragraphs the LINES flow from bottom-to-top, despite the bottom-most line being the one that trails short as normal. Hard to explain without a visual example, but would love to know if there is a workaround for paragraph text.

It is not designed to work with paragraph text but if you can file a feature request by opening a support ticket.
  • keep coming across this problem, when inputting Arabic numbers into the script they keep coming out as English when imported to the composition.

however they are appearing as Arabic text within the script itself, if you know why this is happening or a way around it could you please let me know.

• Hi,

I am currently using AE CC 2014 version and when i try to launch the text reverse script it asks me to select the layer. When doing that, the text is reversed, but not linked as i saw in the video nor it gives me a dialog box where i can input the text to be pasted as well. 

Obaid
  • Hello! Please support integration with pt_ImportSubtitles :(
  • If I buy this, how do I fix the subtitles I've imported into AE using pt_ImportSubtitles with it?
  • برنامج إتقان
  • Hi
    The ArabicText Plugin seem to be working fine
    However i kneed to convert the text automatically without the kneed to press the "Apply" command in the ArabicText window. is it possible?
  • Arabic text work in cc 2015
  • hello i am having problem  Uyghur in arabic

most words ok, but this ng letter does not connect. thanks
    Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 11.51.24.png
    962 x 892 - 51K
  • Hello
    its missing those two letters, it will be fix soon.
    thanks
  • Hello Salahuddin,
    Thanks a lot for this script, its really a game changer for Arab users, and it changed the way we use after effects!

i'd like to suggest one feature to add, that would help a lot if its possible, which is something like Get text back button, a reversal function, from the text to the script UI Box!

for example when you type a text in the script UI, and create a new text layer or updating an existing one, and then you type another text in the box and create or update another text layer, if you found a mistake or wanted to change something in the FIRST text layer, u have to write it again from scratch! So maybe there is a way that can make the script pull the text from the layer back to the Script UI box so it can be edited easily without the need to write it again?

Thanks a lot and best regards.
  • Extremely useful!
    Thank you very much.
  • Thanks for this extremely useful plugin.

The only fairly urgent problem I'm having is numbers..  Copying and pasting the characters below from word, keeps resulting in "1388" in English. I can't for the life of me, work out how to get it recognise the Arabic symbols! Running the latest version of CC2018. Any help or work-arounds would be greatly appreciated!!! (it's supposed to be Farsi for 2011)

• Hi, this is a very nice plug in but it is not working when i use this. The hamza that comes at the end of word is not displaying correctly. Let me know if i should provide a screenshot. Thank you
     شيء

• Hi,
    I have an issue with some font characters... a couple of characters won't get change to the font I have selected ..do u know what the issue is?

Please see the picture attached!

Thanks

Capture.PNG
    222 x 321 - 10K
  • Lifesaver script!

Thanks 
  • Using your script to input the arabic text I need to reveal right to left top to bottom - does the typewriter l to r do this? I can't seem to add it to the cartto find out?