• Editing a matrix in CS6 does not work
  • Editing a matrix in CS6 does not work
    Hey Robert,

Sorry for the long delay (I just recently saw your post...need to check it more often).

There is a new version of matrix which should take care of the problem you were experiencing.

• Hi - am using AE CC.
    Having used the Trial & liked it, I've purchased. However hitting build now just leaves AE hanging. Set matrix with as 16 x 9 pieces only. Gave it an hour then gave up. What to do?
  • Hi Ed,

If you are working in high def or bigger, setting the value to 16 x 9 is going to give you too many pieces and it will choke the system.  Try a multiple...160 x 90....may still be too many pieces but give it a whirl.
  • Initially, with the trial, I used (iirc) 64 x 36 pieces & it was great. Next day it really struggled & eventually hanged on quite a powerful PC - Dual Xeon. I assumed this was the trial running out, so I purchased, but it made no difference.
    Are there any temp/system files associated with the script that I can delete to see if that helps the process?
  • Ed,

What is the size of the comp you are working in?  If it is 1080 hd (1920x1080), then at a fragment size of 64x36 the script is going to create 1800+ layers (900 pieces and 900 control layers and a couple of other layers)

If this is the size you are working in, I think it is just too many layers for AE to deal with regardless of your setup.

Let me know what size you are working in
  • I have CS6 and I have problems with Matrix working.

What units are used? I have worked out that some are pixels and some are frames.

I am trying to break and image into fragments 4x4 = 16, fragment x = 230px & fragment y = 180px for a comp 960 x 720, the original image was 5760 x 3840 and I used transform to fit to comp.

I get 4 images that move and do not fade.

What have I done wrong?

• Jim,

Please open a support ticket and upload your project so I can have a look?

• If a build is taking an extremely long time, is there any way to stop it where it is and have it still work with the pieces its already produced?