Animated TextBlock
  • This script is brilliant! But after I purchased and installed it for AE CS6 I get the error "unable to execute script at line 58. Invalid image data"

I have allow scripts access to data and network enabled.

Any clue?
  • Hello, David.

Please open a support ticket, and we will try to solve this problem.

• I also get the same error for AE CC 2014 "unable to execute script at line 58. Invalid image data". What should i do?
  • Hi, Fahmida.

I sent you the new version for testing.

• The new version (v1.11) will help to solve a problem of "Invalid image data"
  • How can i download that v1.11? I purchased this script and when i download this, it shows v1.10.
  • You can find the latest versions in the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 

• I installed this script BUT I got the error message "unable to execute script at line 58. Invalid image data" with AE CS 6.0 and AE 2014
    Any solution ?

• And there is no available link to download the v 1.11 from the downlaods
  • If you buy script you can find the latest versions in the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 

Or press 'TRY' button.
  • Great script. Just a little problem. It only works with AE in english and not in french. An update would be a good thing because it's sometimes a little bit complicated to switch between French and English.
  • Hi, Philippe, glad that you liked.

The new version (v1.12) - Added multilanguages AE support.

• Hi,

thank you. I didn't see the new version when I downloaded the script. Now it's ok :)
  • I made the new version (1.12) after your message.
  • 1.12 not working for me 'unable to execute script line 54
  • Hi, Marc.

Please open a support ticket, and we will try to solve this problem.

• I wish this script was able to 'bake' in the text transformations back into a regular text block without the animation parameters or expressions. That would be a great option to get it working nicely alongside other scripts such as Animation Composer or other built in text animation presets. Since the anchor point is changed with expressions, other scripts can cause a jitter or jump motion to character animations, especially on the enlarged text. 

The text block itself is awesome, but the animation parameters available with the script aren't particularly useful.
  • Hi, Bo.

Unfortunately it is impossible to 'bake' the text transformations. The TextDocument object (available via the source text property of a text layer) only provide information about the first character of the text. No access to per character properties via the ExtendScript API.

I can advise only disable Expression on Grouping Alignment after applying Animation Composer presets.

• HI Froggy Team.

Interesting tool!

Tell me, if I were to make these text blocks for a template that I use for our broadcaster and then run my "compsFromSpreadsheet" to make plenty copies with minor text changes would your tool then adjust the text to fit the block automatically or would I have to run your script on every comp I generate?  That's really all I'm after, text being re-sized to fit a predetermined block.

Thanks!
  • Hi, Charl.

For update need run script.

• Does this work for  AE 2015? I installed and I do not see it anywhere in After Effects
  • Hi, Thomas.
    For CC2015 copy the file "Animated TextBlock.jsx" into the following folder:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Scripts 
    Mac: /Applications/After Effects CC 2015/Scripts
    You find script in File/Scripts panel.

• BEWARE! THIS PRODUCT CRASHES ON LARGE PROJECTS!
  • Hi, Tony.
    I'm sorry that it happened, but both scripts add their own expression and can not work together.
  • Hi, Tony.
    I'm sorry that it happened, but both scripts add their own expression and can not work together.
    I would add that to the product description.
  • I found it is possible to use TextBlock (trial) with at least some very usful presets from Animation Composer if you apply the animation BEFORE running TextBlock. The text even stays editable and you just have to hit the "update" button for TextBlock to do it's magic again.
    Even gave it a try in Hebrew and it worked well.

Really fantastic work on this one! Love it!
  • Hi
    I Like your script a lot.
    It fits seamlessly  in my workflow as a motion slide designer.
    Your script removes the tedious time consuming work of aligning everything in complex text compositions.
    But, by design, the script forces one to stay with the expression on one layer.
    And clearing the expression removes the fine tuned lay-out.

So may I suggest for a future version to provide a new way to remove the expression.
    The script could offer a "bake"/convert function to generate a separate layer of each word/line while conserving the final position properties.
    The original Animated Text Block layer could be left untouched (hide) for later editing.
    This would permit to animate each of these separate layers to the final composition positions that is previously calculated by the script.
    If I understand well the script knows the position of every word in the the block at a given position of the time indicator
    So it should be technically possible to add this functionality.

Thank you for considering.
    Kind regards
    Jan Roose
    Brussels.

• Hi, Jan.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding baking, I already wrote below.
    Unfortunately it is impossible to 'bake' the text transformations. The TextDocument object (available via the source text property of a text layer) only provide information about the first character of the text. No access to per character properties via the ExtendScript API.

When editing text with a script (cutting into lines), information about formatting the text will be lost. The format of the first character will be applied to the entire text.

Split into lines while retaining formatting, but using additional expressions is possible using DecomposeText.

Thanks
    Andrew

• As a suggestion, it would be amazing if you were able to animate the text block proportions.
  • Does this not work anymore? I've downloaded the trial but it doesnt seem to work properly. Some text isnt scaling or reacting to the sliders in the Pseudo effect.
  • Hi, Sami.
    Tested the script on the latest version of AE (22.1.1) and found no problems. 
    Everything works fine.