Cloners + Effectors
  • I purchased the script and installed it but getting the same error message as another user (Unable to execute script at line 296) .
    Attached pic shows where I installed the scripts on my mac. Please let me know if that is incorrect. I also tried moving EVERY script file from "cloners_plus_effectors_v1.1.2" folder out but I still get the same error. Thanks
    Hi Joseph

Thank you for your puchase. The four script files are correct, but the folder is wrong, it is the main folder. It should be the folder inside it that does not have version numbers on it.
    Please let me know if you still can't get it to work.

- Jakob
  • This plugin is very heavy on the computer, it gets too slow when working with many clones. I find that a good alternative is OVERLAP.
    I still use cloners and effectors for simpler stuff, If there is an upcoming update that fixes the performance, then the 90 dollars are worth it. cheers
  • Hello Jakob, 
    digging the plug-in a lot, can easily pay for itself in one night of work.
    what does "ReferenceError: Function I is undefined" mean?
    just getting that error suddenly when I try and adjust curve, falloff or other parameters.
    -Thanks
  • Hello Jakob, 
    digging the plug-in a lot, can easily pay for itself in one night of work.
    what does "ReferenceError: Function I is undefined" mean?
    just getting that error suddenly when I try and adjust curve, falloff or other parameters.
    -Thanks
    Hi Steve

I'm happy you like it and that it comes into good use. In general it means that for some reason the auto expression generator have failed. Not sure what could have caused it. If you create a support ticket and include the aep file and a description of the steps up to the bug occurred, I could investigate and maybe fix the file. Even if not possible it would help me find the reason/bug. 

- Jakob Wagner
  • how can I add additional object to the previous set cloner ?
    If I understand your question correct. You can do that by selecting all the layers you want to use, and click the "Use selected layers" button.
    Suppose I have three balls that already linked to the cloner , and I want to add a circle shape to them in order to have the same effect with the effector, how can I add the circle shape to the same cloner ?

• Hello, thanks again for the great plug-in, I know this question is old, but- 
    When I add a object, clone it, add effector,  and try adding a second object with the same clone and effector, I run into a situation where the same effects don't work on the second object, I tried "use selected layers" that made the other object disappear, I tried that on two selected objects, and the falloff was not effecting correctly, I think it would be great if you did a short tutorial on working with multiple objects.
    -Thanks.
    -s
  • Hello, thanks again for the great plug-in, I know this question is old, but- 
    When I add a object, clone it, add effector,  and try adding a second object with the same clone and effector, I run into a situation where the same effects don't work on the second object, I tried "use selected layers" that made the other object disappear, I tried that on two selected objects, and the falloff was not effecting correctly, I think it would be great if you did a short tutorial on working with multiple objects.
    -Thanks.
    -s
    Hi Steve

This is something I did a lot of testing of to make sure it worked. However, if you have found an effector/filter combination that doesn't work, I would love to hear more details.

One thing that is very important, if you are using custom properties, is that the new object has the same structure as the old one. So if you added a circle shape and control the line thinckness and you switch that for a rect layer. The plugin will look for the line thickness in the same place in the layer foldout tree.

I have a lot more tutorials coming up soon, and I will keep your request in mind.

You probably have already seen this, but here I explain some of the correct workflow.
    https://youtu.be/J58EO10Cywo?t=6m29s

- Jakob
  • Hi,

Cloner seem to work fine for me. One thing I noticed and was wandering if you could change is that linear cloning is always in two directions of the chosen layer. Is is posible to clone only in one direction only ? So if you want to clone something 100px west, you enter -100 or 100px east you just enter 100 as the position X.

Thanks,
    m
  • Hi,

Cloner seem to work fine for me. One thing I noticed and was wandering if you could change is that linear cloning is always in two directions of the chosen layer. Is is posible to clone only in one direction only ? So if you want to clone something 100px west, you enter -100 or 100px east you just enter 100 as the position X.

Thanks,
    m
    Hi Frederik

Good input. I can see how that can be useful and will consider it for a future update.

Thanks,
    Jakob Wagner
  • Hello author! I'm trying this fantastic Cloners plugin although some tools are disabled or have bugs? For example, I tried in the Effectors tutorial (rotation or opacity does not work) You already tell me. Thank you.
  • Hello author! I'm trying this fantastic Cloners plugin although some tools are disabled or have bugs? For example, I tried in the Effectors tutorial (rotation or opacity does not work) You already tell me. Thank you.
    Hi Jesus

I am not sure what could be causing that. If you want me to investigate, please open a support ticket and attach the faulting aep file.

Thanks,
    Jakob Wagner
  • Sorry! It is true that there are no bugs. I have chosen wrongly the orientation instead of rotation. I'm interested in the plugin. I need time to know if it's useful for motion graphics.
  • Cloners and Effectors does not create spline paths to create clones?
  • Cloners and Effectors does not create spline paths to create clones?
    You mean clone along a path? Nope, not yet. But I expect it to come in a a month or two. Since the release more than a year ago, there have been several free updates with extra features. The ability to clone onto a path will be in the next free update for existing licence holders.
  • Way too slow im afraid, Iv been trying to play with a 16 x 9  grid and even on my very high spec PC its way to slow to work with. Great for small animations.
  • Hello Jakob,

First of all thank you so much for making this plugin! It's every C4D / AE users dream :) It should be a default script in after effects. I was waiting for someone to make it.
    I'm a freelance animator working at different studios. If I purchase this plugin license would I be able to login to my license and use it on other computers? Not at the time obviosley...

Thanks!
  • Hello Jakob,

First of all thank you so much for making this plugin! It's every C4D / AE users dream :) It should be a default script in after effects. I was waiting for someone to make it.
    I'm a freelance animator working at different studios. If I purchase this plugin license would I be able to login to my license and use it on other computers? Not at the time obviosley...

Thanks!
    Hi Daniel
    Thanks, and yes I know, I basically started to create it because of my own needs, and then it took of and ended up as a real product.
    Concerning the licence. It's only valid for one install on one computer at the time. If you want to use it in the studios you should try to convince them to purchase it. The plugin is really not very expensive for a studio, and it could potentially save you hours of work on a project. So it should be a no brainer for the studios you work at.
    (By the way, it's on sale next week!)
    Thanks,
    Jakob
  • Please you make tutorial about path! Thanks in advance!
  • Please you make tutorial about path! Thanks in advance!
    I will! It will probably be available later this week.
    In the mean while, the basic technique is to select a Path property on any layer (much like you would do when you use "Create Nulls From Paths"), and click "Set Path" button. 
  • Hi!  Loving the product so far, but I'm curious about pre-comping.  

Is there a tutorial that explains the relationship of this plug in with pre-comps?  The first time I pre-comped a simple text animation, I got an error message and the effect seemed to stop working.  I tried baking it and pre-comping worked, but I am unable to see the text anymore inside of the pre-comp.  I unbaked it and tried pre-comping again and thankfully didn't get the error this time, but was still unable to see the text inside of that pre-comp, making it impossible to make adjustments easily.

I suppose I am asking if there is a proper procedure for working with pre-comps, so that editing remains as easy or usable as it is before pre-comping.

I am wanting to use multiple clones w/ their respective effectors on multiple separate elements within a session and the logical thing is to create my animation with a clone/effector for one set of elements and then pre-comp them and move on to the next animation, but Im not seeing a clear way to go about this.

Thanks!
  • Hi!  Loving the product so far, but I'm curious about pre-comping.  

Is there a tutorial that explains the relationship of this plug in with pre-comps?  The first time I pre-comped a simple text animation, I got an error message and the effect seemed to stop working.  I tried baking it and pre-comping worked, but I am unable to see the text anymore inside of the pre-comp.  I unbaked it and tried pre-comping again and thankfully didn't get the error this time, but was still unable to see the text inside of that pre-comp, making it impossible to make adjustments easily.

I suppose I am asking if there is a proper procedure for working with pre-comps, so that editing remains as easy or usable as it is before pre-comping.

I am wanting to use multiple clones w/ their respective effectors on multiple separate elements within a session and the logical thing is to create my animation with a clone/effector for one set of elements and then pre-comp them and move on to the next animation, but Im not seeing a clear way to go about this.

Thanks!
    Hi Phil

Thank you for your purchase. I haven't made a video for that, but it should definitely work. Before precomping you have to click the shy button in the layer panel. Now you can see all the layers which are generated by the plugin. Make sure you select all of them before precomping, including all clones, cloners, effectors, randomdatalayers and sources. Then precomp.
    The only thing to be aware of is that the random seeds may change. This is because of how AE treats random and out of my control.
    Let me know if it still isn't working.

- Jakob
  • I still don´t understand that new path tool. I'm sad and I don´t see any new tutorials.
  • I still don´t understand that new path tool. I'm sad and I don´t see any new tutorials.
    Hi Jesus
    Sorry for the delay. Here is the video explaining the new Path cloner and Path effector functionality in v 1.2.
    https://youtu.be/1xXy7H99HUc
    - Jakob
    Hi Jesus
    Sorry for the delay. Here is the video explaining the new Path cloner and Path effector functionality in v 1.2.
    - Jakob
    Thanks! Please you can activate subtitle. I´m  deaf.
    Hi Jesus
    - Jakob
    Thanks! Please you can activate subtitle. I´m  deaf.
    Hi
    I just tried. Youtube can't auto subtitle it. Probably because my accent is too bad. Unfortunately I do not have the time to manually subtitle the video. I hope and think you can still understand the basic techniques.
    - Jakob
  • Thanks for a great job. Did you try Path Cloner in a different language version of After Effects? Path Cloner does not work for me in AE German Version.
  • Thanks for a great job. Did you try Path Cloner in a different language version of After Effects? Path Cloner does not work for me in AE German Version.
    Hi Oleg
    Thank you for letting me know, I'll look into it asap.
    - Jakob
  • Hi 
    today i found something strange in the script
    it refuses to make cloner as (cluster)
    and force me to clone as (grid) instead of cluster

Can u help me please ?
  • Hi 
    today i found something strange in the script
    it refuses to make cloner as (cluster)
    and force me to clone as (grid) instead of cluster

Can u help me please ?
    Hi Mohammad
    Not sure what it could be, did you try to close the panel and open it again? If that doesn't help, please create a support ticket and I will investigate further.
    - Jakob
  • After many tries i found that (cluster) cloner problem exists only with AE 2018 while 2015.3 has no problem with that.
    Hope that helps

update:
    after update the script to the latest version now AE 2018 has no problem .
    Thx Jacob for ur work and for that lovely scripts which helps me alot
  • hey just downloaded your plug-in. Super excited to get down with it. I love the way that c4d treats objects.

On my install, I kept getting the line "unable to execute script at line 299. invalid image data" and I thought I tried everything. Than I realized that when I unzipped the package, the folder was named strange. It was called "clonerspluseffectors.1". So I removed the ".1" and it seems to be working now.You might want to change that in the zip file. Save some headaches.
  • hey just downloaded your plug-in. Super excited to get down with it. I love the way that c4d treats objects.

On my install, I kept getting the line "unable to execute script at line 299. invalid image data" and I thought I tried everything. Than I realized that when I unzipped the package, the folder was named strange. It was called "clonerspluseffectors.1". So I removed the ".1" and it seems to be working now.You might want to change that in the zip file. Save some headaches.
    Thank you for letting me know. :)
  • is it possible to make one effector effect multiple sets of clones?
  • is it possible to make one effector effect multiple sets of clones?
    No,it's something very high on the list if I ever get to do a v2. But it would require a complete restructure of the plugin.
    The best solution would be to manually create two effectors, then parent one to the other.
    Note: you can actually copy/paste the effector settings in "Effects Control" from one to the other.

• Awesome.

Working on an animation today and thought, 'Damn i wish i had effectors like in c4d". This pretty much did the trick.
  • Awesome.

Working on an animation today and thought, 'Damn i wish i had effectors like in c4d". This pretty much did the trick.
    That's exactly why I build it. I'm happy it's helping you out.
  • Hi, Jakob!

When opening the plug in (cloners_plus_effectors_v1.2.1) for the first time I get this error: "Unable to execute script at line 299. Invalid image data."

Ae version 15.1.2 (Build 69)

Model Name: MacBook Pro
      Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3
      Processor Name: Intel Core i7
      Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
      Number of Processors: 1
      Total Number of Cores: 4
      L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
      L3 Cache: 8 MB
      Memory: 16 GB
      Boot ROM Version: MBP143.0178.B00
      SMC Version (system): 2.45f0

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 140.9px; text-indent: -141.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}
  • Hi, Jakob!

When opening the plug in (cloners_plus_effectors_v1.2.1) for the first time I get this error: "Unable to execute script at line 299. Invalid image data."

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 140.9px; text-indent: -141.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

Hi Ryan

This is a error due to failed install.

Do you install it manually or using ZXP Installer? https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/

The easiest way to do it is using the ZXP Installer.

If you install manually, you need to check that these files and folder install correctly in the “ScriptUI Panels” folder.

Cloners+Effectors.jsx

ClonersShapeSplit.jsx

ClonersTextSplit.jsx

Clonerspluseffectors (folder)

No matter which method you use, you need to close After Effects before install.

Let me know if you still can’t get it to work.

Thanks,

Jakob

• Any plans to release a floating license option?
  • Any plans to release a floating license option?
    Hi Scott

Sorry but no, at this point there is no such plans.

All the best
    Jakob Wagner
  • Hey Jakob 

Is it correct that the linear effector doesn't leave effects under rotation?

• Hey Jakob 

True. For rotating an effector you have to use the Angle property under Linear Effector in the Effects Controls panel.
  • Hey Jakob 

True. For rotating an effector you have to use the Angle property under Linear Effector in the Effects Controls panel.
    Great thanks 
  • Hey again

Just trying to understand things.. I'm not able to add a 3'd part effect as a new property right? Because it a composite of properties I guess?

Could be awesome tho to just throw in a look or effect! 

ANOTHER THING.

Have an cluster cloner with a step effector using the opacity property. The clones are made of 10 ai layers. When trying to activate the loop effect I get following error. It's seems to only effect the cluster setting:

Keep up the good work sir
  • Hey again

Just trying to understand things.. I'm not able to add a 3'd part effect as a new property right? Because it a composite of properties I guess?

ANOTHER THING.

Have an cluster cloner with a step effector using the opacity property. The clones are made of 10 ai layers. When trying to activate the loop effect I get following error. It's seems to only effect the cluster setting:

Hey
    You need to select a property within the glow filter, souch as Glow Intensity. If you need to control multiple properties you need to add them one at the time.
    Check out this video for how to use custom properties: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRSwp_i0jg

The other thing:
    Thank you! You found a bug. Which is rare. Seems the cluster cloner is not working with the step effector at all. I'll fix this ASAP.

- Jakob
  • Hey again

ANOTHER THING.

The Cluster + Step with loop bug has now been fixed in the new v1.2.4 which you can download and install from your account. Please note that after the update you might have to switch your cluster effector to linear and then back to cluster to force the faulty expressions to be rewritten.

- Jakob
  • THATS snappy work sir!
  • Hi,
    I installed C+E to check it out, but I'm getting this error:

Unable to execute script at line 64. a does not have a constructor

Is there a fix for this?

Best,
    Gil
  • Gil Leigh said:
    Hi,
    I installed C+E to check it out, but I'm getting this error:

Unable to execute script at line 64. a does not have a constructor

Is there a fix for this?

Best,
    Gil
    Hi Gil

Sorry for the trouble. This is a bug in v. 1.2.2. Please download the new v. 1.2.4.

Let me know if that doesn’t solve the problem.

- Jakob
  • Type error: Undefined is not an object! Please help!