E3D Mografter FX
  • An AMAZING script ! An excellent idea, and a good approach to mograph inside AfterEffects. I highly recommend this content!
  • Will there be a demo available?
  • Do you mean a "trial" by demo ? If yes, there won't be any trial for this product.
  • Will there be a demo available?
    There isn't a demo for this product. If you have any questions or issues after purchase we will be more than happy to help.
  • I have an issue where every time I click on any of the buttons in E3D Mografter FX I get a message that says "This favorite contains 1 reference to a missing effect. Please install the following effect to restore this reference. ("E3D Cloner").    Then in the Effects Controls Panel, the effect says "Missing: E3D Effector" How can I solve this issue? I am using windows and CS6. I have installed both files into the UI Scripts Panel folder as instructed. Is there something I am missing?
  • @Michael Johnson :

Could you open a support ticket please ?
    Thanks in advance. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I have the same issue... But works perfectly though.
  • What do you mean by same issue ?

You have the "missing: E3D Effector" message, but - since you said "But works perfectly though"  you can however work with all the tools, don't you ?
    If this is the only issue (the missing name) you encounter and the toolsets works correctly, it is really not important.

This is simply due to the fact that the toolset uses some "Pseudo-effects" that don't need to be installed in AfterEffects since the CC versions of AfterEffects.. but still needed for CS6 users unfortunately. It works properly because I've called the pseudo-effect in a "relative" way ( "effect(1)" instead of "effect("E3D Cloner"), so it should work as expected.

If it's a problem for you, I'll try to make an installer for the pseudo-effect or to give the .XML code to install (with a tutorial) to copy/paste into your AE presets file.
    Just let me know.
  • Fremox said:

If it's a problem for you, I'll try to make an installer for the pseudo-effect or to give the .XML code to install (with a tutorial) to copy/paste into your AE presets file.
    Just let me know.
    …same issue on CS6. Plz make this installer, it's a little bit annoying to click this two messages away…
  • @Bastian Bothe
    @Krystyna Kwiatkowska
    @Michael Johnson
    And all CS6 users :

Here are a link to download the Pseudo-effect installer :
    http://www.fremox.com/data/E3DmografterFX_PEinstaller.zip

Please follow the instructions inside the .txt contained in the .ZIP folder (basically, you'll just have to run the "E3D Mografter FX - PE Installer.jsx" file via AE > File > Script menu)

Could you test it out and confirm me that all works correctly after that please ?
    I will re-upload these files within a new version of my toolset's main .ZIP folder, but only if I am 100% sure that everything is OK for you.
  • Hey,

the patch did fix the problems. Everything is working perfectly now!

Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Do i need to have the E3D version 2x, or is the FX works with an older version (1.6, for my case) ?
    Great work, by the way
  • Hi (and thank you for the comment),

Yes, you need to own an ELEMENT V2 version if you want my toolset to work properly, since it used the "auxilliary animations channels" a lot.

• Are there random value controllers in Mografter?
  • Are there random value controllers in Mografter?
    Here is a link to view the user guide :

As you can see on page 34, the Effector that comes with my tool is a combination of one "Plain Effector" and one "Random Effector", so...
    Yes, you can randomize any transform property (position, scale and rotation) for any kind of generator (cloner, fracture or MoText). The cloner can deal with one more random option : random time offset for animated object sequences.

Does this help ?

• Congrats for the plugin!
    Really really cool. I've gone thru the tutorial... thanks for effort!

One question:
    Can I link to aux1 a group of models/objects or do I have to link to aux1 directly the object?
    I'm transforming from spheres to a final logo that's created inside element and it's a combination of models.

Just to know before getting a couple of licences.
    Thanks!

• Thanks for your comment, i'm glad you like it !

To answer your question :
    You can do both of the options you mentionned !

1rst method :
    The most simple is to put every object that would compose your combination of models (they all form together the shape that will be cloned) inside the "CLONES 1" folder, then to right-click on each of this objects (not the CLONES 1 group) and to set their auxilliary animation to "1". Then, just duplicate all these objects (right-clicking on them > Duplicate Model) and put these new copies inside the "CLONES 1 copy" group below. 

2nd method :
    If you prefer to work with groups, just keep in mind that you can always put groups inside other groups !
    To do so, just create a group (e.g : "Group Folder") and put all the objects that you want to be apart of the "clones" shapes.
    Put this newly created group inside the first "CLONES 1" folder ;
    Right-click onto the "Group Folder" group and set its Auxilliary Channel to "1".
    Right-click again onto this group and choose "Duplicate Model".
    Put the whole newly created "Group Folder Copy" inside the second "CLONES 1 copy" folder below.

Hope it's clear enough !

• I'm wondering about working with mask paths instead of text layers.  I've tried to substitute logo text in the form of a mask (because I don't have or know the font) to use like motext.  However, it's not letting me manipulate it in z-space - it will move somewhat in other directions, and rotation/scale but no z-space and it comes pre-built with a random scale in if all of these values are zeroed out.

Any idea what's happening here?
  • If you have correctly set up your multiple masks on a unique solid layer (do not create one mask on several layers !), it should work as expected.
    I've tried for instance to create quickly somme masks by selecting the "Your text here" text layer and going the "
    Layers" menu > "create masks from text".
    It creates a unique solid layer that contains all the needed masks, and if you replace the initial text layer by this new solid layer in the
    Custom layers > Custom text and masks > Path Layer 1 (do not use the other ones !!!), everything work well.

If you had several layers with masks, try recreate a single layer that contains ALL the masks, and place it in the ELEMENT's "Path Layer 1" dropdown list.
  • I'm wondering about working with mask paths instead of text layers.  I've tried to substitute logo text in the form of a mask (because I don't have or know the font) to use like motext.  However, it's not letting me manipulate it in z-space - it will move somewhat in other directions, and rotation/scale but no z-space and it comes pre-built with a random scale in if all of these values are zeroed out.

Any idea what's happening here?
    I actually just found the answer - you need to make sure the new extrusion model is set to Aux channel 1 in order to link it to the text animation.
    Problem solved!
  • Yes, you are right..
    but if you have only your multiple masks applied to one unique layer, you don't even need to enter the ELEMENT scene setup ! 
    Just replace the default text layer by your single solid layer that contains the masks, in the "Path Layer 1" dropdown list (in the ELEMENT effect > Custom layers > Custom text and masks)
  • Is this effect .../metallic-crystal-logo-text-reveal/6502180 done with this plugin?

If so what's the trick to getting my logo to break into cubes? I've set my file up as instructed (proper cubes in groups, group names are proper, auxiliary channel settings etc.) but I'm not even seeing the logo appear in the comp. I do see it in the E3D interface though.

Can this be done in the "Create E3D Cloner" Comp if I make the sphere model a logo model?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Randy Cates
    New buyer
  • No, this effect you've seen on hasn't been designed nor animated with E3D Mografter FX plugin.
    In fact, i'm pretty sure that it's all achieved within Element 3D, with a lot of manual tweaking of its numerous parameters !

So, sorry, but i can't really answer to this question.
    Maybe you could join the vh author directly ?

• Salut Matthieu,

concerning E3D MoText, is there a way to make the letters overshoot/bounce as you can achieve with C4D`s Delay Effector in Spring mode? If not, something like a Delay Effector would be awesome to have inside E3D Mografter FX!

Cheers,

Markus

• Salut Matthieu,

concerning E3D MoText, is there a way to make the letters overshoot/bounce as you can achieve with C4D`s Delay Effector in Spring mode? If not, something like a Delay Effector would be awesome to have inside E3D Mografter FX!

Cheers,

Markus

please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hello
    It is a very wonderful plugin.
    However, making a Fracture scene is troubling because "ball fracture" inside Element 4D is out of position and it is not drawn.
    How can I do it?
  • Oh, I got it.
    It is because there is no V1 Model Pack.
    I will try it with other models.
    Thank you!
  • Oh, I got it.
    It is because there is no V1 Model Pack.
    I will try it with other models.
    Thank you!
    That's right, you need the starter model pack in order to see the default fractured sphere.
    But it's not really a problem since the tool isn't designed to use this sphere but your own pre-fractured imported model instead.
  • Hello. i know you didn't list cc2018 as compatible. i purchased anyway and the alt+ or alt+shift tools don't work in cc2018 which leads me to believe that other parts of the script are not compatible as well.

can you confirm or deny? thank you.
  • EDIT - Seems like i just wasn't holding down the secondary keys long enough. seems to be working fine in 2018. thank you.

Hello. i know you didn't list cc2018 as compatible. i purchased anyway and the alt+ or alt+shift tools don't work in cc2018 which leads me to believe that other parts of the script are not compatible as well.

• EDIT - Seems like i just wasn't holding down the secondary keys long enough. seems to be working fine in 2018. thank you.

Hello. i know you didn't list cc2018 as compatible. i purchased anyway and the alt+ or alt+shift tools don't work in cc2018 which leads me to believe that other parts of the script are not compatible as well.

It works as expected in CC2018 as well, so, don't worry of any issue :)
  • Hello,

I just installed the script in CC2019. When I create a new Cloner scene, I get expression errors. 

Is it not compatible ?

• Hello,
    It is not fully compatible with the new "Javascript" expression engine yet but I intend to update it soon.

For the moment, you can just toggle from "Javascript" to "Legacy ExtendScript" in the "File > Project Settings > Expressions" tab, and use the product as you would have down in previous versions.

Another simple thing to do, if you really want to stay on the Javascript engine, is to strike the "E" key of your keyboard twice really quickly in order to make only the expressions with errors appear in the timeline.
    Then, when you have yellow triangle sign next to each wrong expression, just enter in them, and just remove the semi-colon signs after each } sign just beforeeach "else" word (it happens a few times in 3 expressions only so it can be pretty fast to fix if you know expressions).

Sorry for that, but, again, it can work if you use either the quick first solution (toggle to Legacy extendScript) or the second - harder - solution (the coding fix way), and I will update the product as soon as possible ( in a few weeks max and the update will be free of course for anyone who had purchased it before.)

So, if you plan to buy it during the Cyber Monday's promotion, you will have a working product anyway so it shouldn't be that a big deal to take your decision :)

• Hi. E3D Mograph does not work with kbar 2. Too bad. Is there any idea why or how to do it work? best regards. Max
  • Hi. E3D Mograph does not work with kbar 2. Too bad. Is there any idea why or how to do it work? best regards. Max
    Indeed, it won't work with Kbar for the moment.
    To do so, I would need to deeply understand the Kbar API in order to optimize my script for it, but I really can't afford such a time consuming task for the moment because scripting isn't my main job and my working planning is really busy...

• Not compatible (partially compatible) with AE CC 2020, I usually test a trial version before purshasing unfortunatly their was not for this script. I've just seen that AE 2020 was not listed on the compatibility list... 
  • Not compatible (partially compatible) with AE CC 2020, I usually test a trial version before purshasing unfortunatly their was not for this script. I've just seen that AE 2020 was not listed on the compatibility list... 
    Actually... it IS fully compatible with AE CC2020, I use it myself on CC2020 ;
    this is just a mistake, i forgot to update the compatbility list but you can go ahead, it will work :)
  • I confirm it works fine with AE CC2020 thank you
  • I run AE 2021 on Mac Big Sur. Is this plug not updated for that? I  just bought it and can't see it anywhere.
  • I run AE 2021 on Mac Big Sur. Is this plug not updated for that? I  just bought it and can't see it anywhere.
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-upgrade-to-the-latest-version/
    The product is compatible with CC2021, but I'm on PC and I "just" own another mac computer on which I couldn't test all my products with Big Sur Yet (I'm on Catalina and can't upgrade now for technical developpment reasons).
    I'm pretty sure it should work on your machine and OS too because you are the first one who has reported this issue so I'm sure we'll manage to make it work for you too.
    Could you open a support ticket instead (otherwise we will flood the thread here) ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matthieu
  • IT doesnt work on m1 macs trying to make it work since long
  • IT doesnt work on m1 macs trying to make it work since long
    @anjay_nilmekCould you open a support ticket please ?
    Thanks in advance.