• Hi, I bought this product but only the Parent Constraint function works. When I try to use other functions such as Bend Deformer, an error occurs saying"Shape layers can not be deformed correctly with Springy FX. Please precompose it before using this tool, and make sure your precomp's size fits as closely possible the bounding box of you vector design."

So I tried precomposing it, but it still doesn't work.

Is this a bug? Why is there an error? I followed everything in the instruction regarding installation but this happens.
  • Hello Tmax Soft. Me too. The same message is displayed when applying effects to text layers as well as shape layers. I think it is the specification of this product. I want a function that automatically adjusts the size of composition when precomposing shape layer.
  • I'd like a refund... this isn't ready for prime time yet. Doesn't work without admin access, which I don't have. Also, not working with shape layers is a serious flaw.
  • I'd like a refund... this isn't ready for prime time yet. Doesn't work without admin access, which I don't have. Also, not working with shape layers is a serious flaw.
    I can't agree with you.
    The product may not fit your specific needs, but it is definitely a robust solution to create secondary animation ; the proof is that more that 1000 users already bought it and use it without any issues !
    Morevover, you can use shape layers as soon as you precompose them, just as some other great products like DUIK with puppet tool for instance.

But of course the product can't please anyone (no product can), and we didn't offer any trial for this, so, we'll proceed for the refund as soon as possible.
  • I'm experiencing some trouble with the PSR option.
    After applying PSR to the shape Ae becomes so slow that it's basically not functioning anymore.
    I'm using Ae CC2018 and a basic comp just like in the tutorial.

Also, reinstalling does not work since I get the message that the script is already installed?!

• I'm experiencing some trouble with the PSR option.
    After applying PSR to the shape Ae becomes so slow that it's basically not functioning anymore.
    I'm using Ae CC2018 and a basic comp just like in the tutorial.

Also, reinstalling does not work since I get the message that the script is already installed?!

@Marc Quaedvlieg
    Could you open up a new support ticket so that I can help you to fix it please ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matthieu
  • Today is just not my day, of all three scripts I downloaded, none are working.  So, I cannot get anything to animate at all.  I have tried to set path first, set it after I added the script, I added it to a precomp, not a precomp, a shape layer, text, layers from a PSD file, and I get no response from any of the tools.  What am I doing wrong?  I wish I could record the events here but I do not have screen recording software to do so.  I will try and be as descriptive with your questions you ask as I can, since there will be many.   :).  thank you for your help.

• Please Help!

How i can make secondary animation (by custom effect) related to both (PX,PY) ?????
    there is a certain effect which i want to to follow both horizontal move and vertical move .
    ===========================================================================

my problem when to add another springy effect (custom) to the same effect .
    i tried to duplicate the effect ......(failed)
    i tried to apply custom effect twice ......(failed)

• Can't install the plug-in.
    It shows up "unable execute script at line 1177. undefined is not an object". 

Screen Shot (goo.gl/zLgAzb)
  • PJ Wang said:
    Can't install the plug-in.
    It shows up "unable execute script at line 1177. undefined is not an object". 

Screen Shot (goo.gl/zLgAzb)
    Don't you run the "SpringyFX PE installer.jsx" file ? Because, this one isn't compatible with CC2019 at all, you don't need to run it since CC versions of AE, just to launch the SpringyFX.jsxbin from the Windows menu (and it is meant to be a UI Panel, so, you have to dock the panel, once licensed, inside your AE layout, even if you encounter errors, it should load the panel correctly after you restart AfterEffects - only if you had correctly docked the empty panel left after the error pop up message)
  • Why can I not access the pseudo controls under custom effect that allows me to select "Which animated property do you want your custom effect to be based on? Type one of the following"....   I'm referencing 1:13:32 in the online tutorial.

When I get to this step, the program bypasses this screen and I never see it. I'm using CC19
  • Salut!

I have a problem.

When I installed springyFX I couldn't see the custom deformer ,  simageo  I  couldn't  use  it . How could I solve the problem?

• Salut!

I have a problem.

When I installed springyFX I couldn't see the custom deformer ,  simageo  I  couldn't  use  it . How could I solve the problem?

Hello,
    Just try to undock the SpringyFX panel from the layout and to resize it ;
    does it change anything ?
    If not, can you open a support ticket instead please (via the orange link just below the "POST COMMENT" button below) ?
  • Hello, 

is it possible to bake / flatten the animations into shape layer / curve animations only? I guess, if I used Easybake, the expressions would be baked, but the animations would still be made with springy? Or do you have any experience with converting your effect to use in lottie/bodymovin?

Thank you, your plugin looks excellent!
  • Hello, 

is it possible to bake / flatten the animations into shape layer / curve animations only? I guess, if I used Easybake, the expressions would be baked, but the animations would still be made with springy? Or do you have any experience with converting your effect to use in lottie/bodymovin?

Thank you, your plugin looks excellent!
    Sorry but no, it will never be possible with SpringyFX because of the way it handles vector shapes.
    Indeed you have to precompose your vector layers since SpringyFX relies almost entirely on pixel based effects like "Warp", and such deformations, even if you bake them, won't be usable in Bodymovin nor Lottie because they are both made for vector animations only.
  • Hi, Springy is great script and I really like to spare some time creating "secondary" animations! 
    I have a question: Can I use your script to create animations for videohive template?

Thanks
  • Nikits AE said:
    Hi, Springy is great script and I really like to spare some time creating "secondary" animations! 
    I have a question: Can I use your script to create animations for videohive template?

Thanks

Thanks for your kind words !
    You can use it to create animations for VideoHive templates for sure, provided that you mention the SpringyFX product and its product's link in your template's describtion.

If not, I prefer not to allow such "exterior" usages mainly because Aescripts and VideoHive are both competitors on the same market. 
    Thanks for your comprehension,
    Matthieu

• Hello there!
    I am trying to install the plug in in after effects cc 2019 and I am coming to the same problem: "INSTALLATION ERROR: FAILED TO MAKE BACKUP"
    do you know what I have to do ?
    many thanks in advance 
    christos
  • Hello there!
    I am trying to install the plug in in after effects cc 2019 and I am coming to the same problem: "INSTALLATION ERROR: FAILED TO MAKE BACKUP"
    do you know what I have to do ?
    many thanks in advance 
    christos
    Hello !

You don't have to run the "PE-installer" with the new version (it is just meant to be used by CS6 users), so all you have to do is to launch the SpringyFX.jsxbin file directly from the Window menu.
    In fact, you CAN'T even use the PE-installer, because Adobe has removed the file called "PresetEffects.xml" from the "AfterEffects CC2019 folder > Support Files" structure !

If you continue to encounter some installation issues, please open up a support ticket instead, by cliking the same named orange link below.

• Hello! The plugin is great!
    Does the Windows language only support English ?
  • Hello! The plugin is great!
    Does the Windows language only support English ?
    Thanks for the kind words :)
    Yes, indeed, the panel and the tools are written in english only. But I think that the names and icons are pretty easy to understand (even more if you come from Cinema4D :)
    so it shouldn't be such an issue for non english people (actually, I'm french, and I develop my tools in english because it can reach so much more people...)
  • Hello!.
    I need you to advise me on how to use the Springy FX plugin.
    I have had problems with the installation.
    I will be very grateful if you can help me.
    Thank you.

Walter.

• Hi do you get instructions on how to use this with elements 3D. Ive never used After Fx for animation or rigging etc.This looked great on your vid with jelly wobble and the 3d cube, hmmm, got me thinkin :)...

Cheers
  • Hi do you get instructions on how to use this with elements 3D. Ive never used After Fx for animation or rigging etc.This looked great on your vid with jelly wobble and the 3d cube, hmmm, got me thinkin :)...

Cheers
    You can recreate this effect in Element3D with the "Custom deformer"
    as demonstrated in this video tutorial :
  • Hi. i updated aftereffect CC 2019, and my License Code seems not working anymore.
    how can i solve this problem ?? help me plz !

i have this message.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85); min-height: 12.0px}

Please please open a support ticket here:

https://aescripts.com/contact

and submit screenshot of this error message

/bin/sh: /private/var/folders/ph/l1thvq2n5_729lvxsfkxkjdc0000gn/T/TemporaryItems/36743581484759368: Bad CPU type in executable

• Hi. i updated aftereffect CC 2019, and my License Code seems not working anymore.

i have this message.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85); min-height: 12.0px}

/bin/sh: /private/var/folders/ph/l1thvq2n5_729lvxsfkxkjdc0000gn/T/TemporaryItems/36743581484759368: Bad CPU type in executable

Hello,

This is due to an incomatibility between product's previous versions and the new Catalina OS.

Please upgrade your product to the latest version (which is the number 1.2) by going to your aescripts account > My downloads & licenses > Isomatic FX (there is an orange "Download" link next to it on the right side of the table).

For more information about this Catalina specific licenses issues, you can check the FAQ as well :

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/macos-10-15-catalina-notice/

i have this message.

Hello,

This is due to an incomatibility between product's previous versions and the new Catalina OS.

Please upgrade your product to the latest version (which is the number 1.2) by going to your aescripts account > My downloads & licenses > Isomatic FX (there is an orange "Download" link next to it on the right side of the table).

For more information about this Catalina specific licenses issues, you can check the FAQ as well :

i have this message.

Hello,

• Hello,

• Hey there, 
    Big Fan . Can I get any Student offer like motion boutique ??
  • Hey there, 
    Big Fan . Can I get any Student offer like motion boutique ??
    Sorry but unfortunately no, there isn't any Student offer like this for this product.
  • I followed the instruction and copy SpringyFX_v1.2 into my scriptsUI Panel folder (MAC system) and I already enabled [allow scripts to write files and access to network] in general settings.
    When I start AE and try to install I was warned that failed to make backup. Anyone who can help me to solve this problem? And I am not a native speaker of English if you can make the explanation simple, that will be very helpful. Thanks so much! I need help!
    WechatIMG1764.jpeg
    545 x 350 - 48K
    WechatIMG1762.jpeg
    422 x 150 - 15K
    WechatIMG1761.jpeg
    419 x 142 - 8K
  • LYU DA said:
    I followed the instruction and copy SpringyFX_v1.2 into my scriptsUI Panel folder (MAC system) and I already enabled [allow scripts to write files and access to network] in general settings.
    When I start AE and try to install I was warned that failed to make backup. Anyone who can help me to solve this problem? And I am not a native speaker of English if you can make the explanation simple, that will be very helpful. Thanks so much! I need help!

This is because Adobe removed the needed file called "PresetEffects.xml" since the CC2019 version.

But don't worry, you do not even need to run the "PE installer script" since the latest version of the tool ! In fact, only CS6 users have to still use this PE installer (I know it's not what is explained in the installation instructions ; they are obsolete, sorry for that)

So, all you have to do is to copy and paste both the SpringyFX.jsxbin file and the SpringyFXassets folder inside your AE > Support Files > Scripts > ScriptUI Panels directory.

Then, restart After Effects, and click on the "SpringyFX.jsxbin" file at the bottom of the AE window menu ; you'll be prompted to enter your serial number, and after that you'll be ready to go with the tools :)

• LYU DA said:
    I followed the instruction and copy SpringyFX_v1.2 into my scriptsUI Panel folder (MAC system) and I already enabled [allow scripts to write files and access to network] in general settings.

This is because Adobe removed the needed file called "PresetEffects.xml" since the CC2019 version.

But don't worry, you do not even need to run the "PE installer script" since the latest version of the tool ! In fact, only CS6 users have to still use this PE installer (I know it's not what is explained in the installation instructions ; they are obsolete, sorry for that)

So, all you have to do is to copy and paste both the SpringyFX.jsxbin file and the SpringyFXassets folder inside your AE > Support Files > Scripts > ScriptUI Panels directory.

Then, restart After Effects, and click on the "SpringyFX.jsxbin" file at the bottom of the AE window menu ; you'll be prompted to enter your serial number, and after that you'll be ready to go with the tools :)

It's ok now. Thank you very much!
  • I only save 2 keyframes and every effects jiggle like mad in between. Following any tuto never give the basic effect but a twitchy mess. For example: Bend will squash up and down from one keyframe to another without doing the proper effect.Using 2020 version if that is important.

After the ticket: The answer is speed. The weird effect is the plug in trying to react to it. Imagine trying to crack a whip without the proper force behind the initial move.

Quick answer from the team and maybe the right answer for someone else in the future.
  • I only save 2 keyframes and every effects jiggle like mad in between. Following any tuto never give the basic effect but a twitchy mess. For example: Bend will squash up and down from one keyframe to another without doing the proper effect.Using 2020 version if that is important.
    Could you please open a support ticket instead by clicking the orange link below ?
    And, in order for me to try figuring out what's going on, I will need you to send me some video screencast/captures of how you are using the product, because eacg config is different and I don't manage to reproduce your issue (again, I would prefer you to send me these files through a support ticket).
    Thanks in advance
  • Is there an easier way to get objects to use the features of this plugin without having to crop the object and precompose it? 

Thanks,
    Shawn
  • Is there an easier way to get objects to use the features of this plugin without having to crop the object and precompose it? 

Thanks,
    Shawn

Unfortunaltely, no, there isn't any way to do that without precomposing.

Almost all (except for the "custom effect") the tools (bend, shear, squash&stretch, twist...) rely on a AE native effect called "Warp" deformer, and this one is based on the center of the comp without any way to choose from another center ; meaning that Shape layers and text layers, which haven't got the same boundaries from the comp, won't work work as expected.

But you could use the Custom effect to drive other effects that are not dependant of the Warp deformer (for example a CC Smear effect), I do that really often while rigging :)

• After purchasing and downloading the Springy FX script, and following the installation instructions in detail, the script does not work properly with After effects cc 2018. Make sure you are compatible, but it is not true. It does not respect the position of the key frames marked in the original shape layer, displacing the animations off the screen. Please give me a solution or a refund. Thank you.
  • Hi there, 

So far I really like it. I just have a little problem: In this review/tutorial at 13:32 the user is applying parent constraint to a group null created in Element 3D. He can then give the cube  a springy feel to it. 

When I follow the steps my cube is first deformed automatically and expends in a springy way. In the video this does not happen. I also do NOT want that to happen. Do you know what I'm missing here? Thank you. :) 
  • Hi there, 

So far I really like it. I just have a little problem: In this review/tutorial at 13:32 the user is applying parent constraint to a group null created in Element 3D. He can then give the cube  a springy feel to it. 

When I follow the steps my cube is first deformed automatically and expends in a springy way. In the video this does not happen. I also do NOT want that to happen. Do you know what I'm missing here? Thank you. :) 
    Hello,

Could you open up a support ticket instead by clicking the orange link below please ?
    In the support ticket, I will need you to record a little video screen capture of what you are trying to do so that I can better figure out what is exactly your issue, because, right now, I don't really understand what's going on.
    Thanks in advance and see you in the support ticket :)
  • After purchasing and downloading the Springy FX script, and following the installation instructions in detail, the script does not work properly with After effects cc 2018. Make sure you are compatible, but it is not true. It does not respect the position of the key frames marked in the original shape layer, displacing the animations off the screen. Please give me a solution or a refund. Thank you.
    Exactly, Script is half baked.
  • i install the pluging correctly and it dosent work, it creates a new layer and apply some things but the animation do not be apply

• i install the pluging correctly and it dosent work, it creates a new layer and apply some things but the animation do not be apply

Could you please open a support ticket instead so that I can better try figuring out what's going on in you specific case please ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matthieu
  • Work only with solids.With Shape layers and Text dont work.After precomp. still not work.After Effects 2020.
  • Can you use the Liquid deformer to pour water out of a container by tilting past 90 degrees? (or do you have to simulate that with additional effects?)
  • Can you use the Liquid deformer to pour water out of a container by tilting past 90 degrees? (or do you have to simulate that with additional effects?)
    Unfortunately, since the container has to be a closed shape to work with alpha matte (and since this is NOT a real physic simulation tool), I have to say NO.
    BUT, it isn't that difficult to reproduce what you are describing !

I would do it like that :
    1. Apply the Liquid deformer normally by selecting both the liquid and the container layer (which has to be a closed shape, but you can cheat a bit later, like "re-opening" it visually by masking a part of it with the bezier mask tool) 
    2. After the Liquid deformer has been applied, just animate your layer by moving and rotating it in order to give the illusion of "pouring" (by 90° as you said for example)
    3. Then select your matted liquid layer and apply a native "Transform" effect ; From there, just keyframe this effect's position property (not "NORMAL TRANSFORM POSITION of the layer because it alwready has an expression on it !!) in order to level down the liquid level until the containter seems empty once rotated
    4. The little filet of the liquid that flows down outside the container can be achieved in various ways (I would use Trapcode Particular or CC Mercury with "Jet" mode in order to create something rather realistic, or just a simple stroke with the new AE CC2020 "Wave" and "Taper" capabilities in order to create something more stylish and "flat design"). Just ensure that the center of emission or the start of the stroke are precisely placed where the liquid should "exit" from the opened part of the container that you had drawn, with an expression on its position - thanks to the toComp() function if you know it - or by parenting it to the liquid and add a simple " parent.rotation*-1 " expression in its rotation property (in order to maintain a vertical flow despite the rotation of the container)
    Hope that helps !
    Matthieu
  • I've followed all the instructions, but nothing works except psr. AE ver.2020
  • busy ahn said:
    I've followed all the instructions, but nothing works except psr. AE ver.2020
    Hello !
    Could you "open a support ticket instead" by clicking the same named orange link below please ?
    I will do my best to help you with this issue but I need additionnal informations..
    Thanks in advance,
    Matthieu
  • Hi,

Is there a trial I can access somewhere?

Thanks