Paste Multiple Keyframes
  • ¿What is the difference with using cmd+d (duplicate) ?
  • Duplicating will only duplicate the layers you have selected. This script will let you copy keyframes from multiple layers at the same time, and paste them to a different point in the timeline. If you try to do this with the regular Copy/Paste commands from After Effects, it results in the entire layer being copied/pasted, not the keyframes.
  • dont work on cs6
    "You must select at least 1 keyframe in the selected comp" on start in all cases

• Hi Mike.

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting this script to work. It seems to work fine for me on CS6, both on PC and Mac. May I ask, what kind of keyframe are you trying to paste? Position, Opacity, Mask Outline, etc.?
  • does it works on keygrames for distort effects, like liquify or mesh warp, doesn´t it?
  • Hi Alvaro,

Short answer: No, unfortunately

Long answer:
    The script will not work on any keyframes that are made out of custom data. Example of this include Mesh Warp: Distortion Mesh, and Hue/Saturation: Channel Range

However, the script will work on properties that are part of these effects that do not include custom data. For example, Mesh Warp:Quality and Liquify: Distortion Percentage
  • Hey Adam, I used the script on some motion tracking data (probably about 1,000 keyframes x 6 layers).  It starts out working great but starts getting slower and slower until eventually AE hangs.  I've left it running about 12 hours and it *seems* like it may still be going but I can't tell.  The first 4 layers finished in about 5 minute but as it got to layer 5 and 6 it's moving so slow.  Any ideas?
  • Hey Jason,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at the code and try to figure out where the problem is coming from. I'll post an update here when I get it sorted.
  • Paste Multiple Keyframes has now been updated to v 1.5

This update mainly addresses performance issues if you are using layers with lots of keyframes.
    Depending how many keyframes you have, it should speed up anywhere from 2x to 10x (and also not crash After Effects)

Please see the docs for more information on getting the most speed increase possible.

• For working with a character rig, creating loops with a bunch of independent puppet controllers, this is BRILLIANT! Thank you!
  • Just got it! Man, thank you so much!
  • Hi Adam,

Sweet script, don't know why this isn't native in after effects. Is there any chance you could add an option to set a number of times to repeat the pasted keyframes? (For looping keys)

Thanks man!
  • Hey Dave,

That's a pretty good idea. I should have some time over the next week to try and implement it.

Adam
  • You must select at least 1 keyframe in characters :(

all I get is 
    very unclear error message
  • asdf asdf said:
    You must select at least 1 keyframe in characters :(

all I get is 
    very unclear error message
    Hi, Sorry you're having issues. I'm on vacation for the next week, so won't be able to help in detail until i get back to my computer.

However in the meantime, please make sure that you 
    1) Have at least one keyframe selected in an active composition 
    2) Make sure the timeline is the active window (clicking with the mouse anywhere inside the timeline window should do this 
    3) Run the tool. 

If you are still having problems, please open up a support ticket and i can help you in detail when i return. Thanks, Adam