qp Version Snapshot
  • Doesn't seem to work in AE CC. I get an error message saying "Unable to execute script at line 1. After Effects error: The section name and key (import options preference section, Import Options Default Sequence FPS) could not be found in the preferences"

Hoping this gets fixed ASAP, as my workflow pretty much depends on this awesome script!

• Hi Mel.

Version 1.1 is now live, with compatibility for After Effects CC! There's also a new button, which just executes Increment and Save from the File menu.

Christian
  • Hi, I have a problem error "Unable to execute script at line 1. File or folder does not exist"
    How can I resolve it.

Thanks,
    Max
  • Hi Max,

Sorry you're having this problem. Can you please tell me which version of After Effects, and which OS you're using. Have you successfully used the script before? If so, which AE version did it last successfully work for you?

Thanks, Christian
  • I'd like to replace the keyboard shortcut for "Increment and Save" (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S) with taking a Snapshot. Do you know of a way to do this with KeyedUp or another plugin? Years of muscle memory force me to use that particular keyboard combination. Thanks!
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately at present I don't believe it's possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to a ScriptUI Panel like this, since there are no event listeners for it. I might be wrong though - I'll do some digging!

Christian
  • I'm having the same problem with After Effects CC 2015 - "Unable to execute script at line 1. File or folder does not exist".  I can't see that this was resolved and I just paid for this.  Please let me know what I'm doing wrong?
  • Hi Doug, do you get this error on startup, or is it after clicking a button? If I recall this error occurs because of permissions - you may have to set write permissions on your AE scripts/ScriptUI Panels folder, as qp Version Snapshot saves its icon images into this location when it first runs.
  • Thanks Christian.  That was it.  I had to give read/write access to PC users (despite being an admin!).  Thanks for the prompt response.
  • soooo sorry to comment in this product but for some reason comments in "Bang" plugin are disabled.

I have question about BANG, its a great great plug in that Im trying before purchase. Has the Relight module been disabled from the "try" version ? As I cant get it to work ?

• Hi Adam,

Weird - I'll look into why you're unable to comment on the Bang page.

To answer your question - yes, the Relight module is disabled in trial mode. The reason is that it's its own renderer and I didn't want to introduce two watermarks. Hope you enjoy the plugin!

Christian
  • "unable to execute script at line 1" in CC2019 :/
  • OMG NO!!! Why has this script been discontinued?!?

This is an essential part of my workflow...as far as I know, there's nothing comparable to this script that will let you do incremented backups, while keeping the current project file as the current working version.
  • "unable to execute script at line 1" in CC2019 :/
    scroll down half a page and read :)
    or start after effects once as administrator so it can write the icon image in the folder

cheerio!