Sheetah - Spritesheet Tools
  • Hello, Matthias!
    Tryed to use it in CC 12.2.1.5 - got debug window and nothing happen after that.
    I tryed deinstall and install again; select composition in project dock - still nothing :(
  • Hi Tt Rr,

I think your error is based on the fact that the max. size of a composition is 30000px in width and 30000px in height. My script tried to create a composition with a width of 35640px which exceeds the max range.

The reason for this might be that you are exporting to many frames or that your sprite composition is to large.

Example:
    If you have a composition with a size of 2000px x 2000px and you would try to export, say 280 frames (or ca. 12 seconds @24fps) the composition created by the script to render the spritesheet would be larger than 30000px x 30000px. 

Long story short you may want to check the dimensions and length of your sprite composition. Also keep in mind that sheetah renders the entire comp not only the working area.

To further investigate you open a support ticket and send me your project files

In an upcoming update of the script i will also notify the user if comp dimensions are exceeded.

Cheers,
    Matthias
  • Hi Matthias,

Was tried and successfuly exporting sprite sheets.
    I have a major problem, how can I export sprite with motion blur support?

Thanks!

• Hey,

to my knowledge After Effects has no option to preserve Motion Blur across compositions. So it is currently unsupported in Sheetah and it won't be a feature for the near future. However, you have the option to use the CC Force Motion Blur effect and manually animate the motion blur. This should translate into the Spritesheet generated by Sheetah.

Cheers,
    Matthias
  • Hi Matthias, 

When I try to execute Sheetah I've this error message :  "Unable to execute script at line 25. Uncaught JavaScript exeption : JSON.parse"

I'm trying to launch your script on AE CS6 Version 11.0.0.378

Do you have any idea ? 
    Thanks!

• When I try to execute Sheetah I've this error message :  "Unable to execute script at line 25. Uncaught JavaScript exeption : JSON.parse"

Do you have any idea ? 
    This is a known issue when an internet connection is not available. We are working on a fix to be posted soon. In the meantime you should be able to fix it by enabling an internet connection.
  • When I try to execute Sheetah I've this error message :  "Unable to execute script at line 25. Uncaught JavaScript exeption : JSON.parse"

this was most likely due to a bug that required a internet connection at the start. Try downloading version 2.2. This should fix the issue. Please refer to this FAQ on how to upgrade:  How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • Hi, when I run the script in the AE CC right underneath the sheetah logo I have:
    v2.2, no connection !
    Could you please let me know what is going on. I have internet connection all the time.
  • Hi, when I run the script in the AE CC right underneath the sheetah logo I have:
    v2.2, no connection !
    Could you please let me know what is going on. I have internet connection all the time.
    Dear Nebojsa,

Maybe your network access is restricted somehow. Under Edit>Preferences>General, make sure you have "Allow scripts to write Files and access Network" checked. You shouldn't need to care too much about it, since the internet connection is only used to notify you if a new version is available. With 2.2 you have the latest version installed.
  • i got it installed... where does it place the files it generates?
  • i got it installed... where does it place the files it generates?
    Dear Warren Mackenzie,

After clicking on Save Spritesheet, you are asked to specify a location and a file name. The spritesheet will be placed at this location. Under Edit>Preferences>General, make sure you have "Allow scripts to write Files and access Network" checked.

Cheers,
    Matthias

• I am having trouble. I dont have a "After Effects/ Script UIs" folder in the zip. Just have the Sheetah.jsx, Photoshop, and Sheetah Resources. When I drop the .jsx in the script ui folder it says it is unable to execute at line 620; folder not found. Any help? 
  • Just take Sheetah.jsx and the Sheetah Resources folder and put them in your After Effects/Scripts/Script UI Panels folder. Let me know if you still have a Problem.
  • Hi, Sheetah is awesome but I'm having trouble when I use it with the Duik plugin. It says something about "time remaping" and it keeps poping up so I have to kill the process using the task manager. Does nybody else have this problem?
  • Hi, Sheetah is awesome but I'm having trouble when I use it with the Duik plugin. It says something about "time remaping" and it keeps poping up so I have to kill the process using the task manager. Does nybody else have this problem?

Dear german molto,

I never used Duik before but after a quick test with the autorig feature, Sheetah exports the spritesheet without errors.

The only cause of error where "time remapping" is involved is when you want to make custom animation sequences with Sheetah. If you use this feature (initialized with the "Setup Animation" button), please make sure to Pre-Compose your composition.

For more info about custom animation sequences watch the tutorial video at 1:50:

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Matthias
  • Thanks Matthias Guntrum. Sheetah is awesome plugin for me to make game. :)
  • Thank you so much! I spent far too long looking for something like this, and this fits the bill perfectly. You've helped me tremendously. Thanks!
  • I just got Sheetah, but when drop the file in After Effects CC 2015 > Presets > Scripts, it doesn't show up in the 'Window' panel as an option in AE. I double-clicked the .jsx file to see if it would install it that way and just got an error saying, 'After Effects error: Can’t import file “Sheetah.jsx”: unsupported filetype or extension. ( 0 :: 1 )'
  • Getting error "Unable to execute script at line 486, uncaught JavaScript exceptions: JSON.parse" with After Effects CC2015 (v13.5.1.48) on Windows.

We are using Sheetah v2.4

I have "allow scripts to write to network" checked.

Please help!

Getting error "Unable to execute script at line 24, uncaught JavaScript exceptions: JSON.parse" In AE CC2014 v13.2.0.49
  • Getting error "Unable to execute script at line 486, uncaught JavaScript exceptions: JSON.parse" with After Effects CC2015 (v13.5.1.48) on Windows.

Please help!

Getting error "Unable to execute script at line 24, uncaught JavaScript exceptions: JSON.parse" In AE CC2014 v13.2.0.49
    same problem here! quick fix is to disable internet and then open ae then reactivate internet. 

Please help!

same problem here! quick fix is to disable internet and then open ae then reactivate internet. 
    Thanks for sharing David

this was most likely due to a bug that required a internet connection at the start. Try downloading version 2.2. This should fix the issue. Please refer to this FAQ on how to upgrade:  How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
    I am getting this issue with v 2.4.1
  • Hey Guys,

your issue has been fixed in Sheetah 2.4.2 so there is no need for the workaround anymore.

Cheers,
    Matthias
  • Hi is there a way to adjust the count of ROWS and COLUMNS in the script?
  • Hi is there a way to adjust the count of ROWS and COLUMNS in the script?
    Click the "distrib" check box at the bottom. You can now edit the number of rows or columns

--  J
  • Hello Matias. Is there any way to export multiple layers at once. E.g. I have to export 50 animations. So I have to wait for current one to render (takes time), then add next one etc. Can I add multiple layers into composition then export them at once, or add them to render queue without auto start and at least render them at once?
    This script is really nice but for me it makes no use, I can export images and later merge them into sprites using Gluesprites and it's a lot faster than export one after another? I do this all the time, and soon as I discovered this script, I bought it. But really disappointed.
  • I'm noticing that checking the .json option doesn't actually export a .json file. Am I missing something?
  • I'm noticing that checking the .json option doesn't actually export a .json file. Am I missing something?
    Hey Zach,

so the .json export option is meant for using custom animation sequences based on your exported spritesheet as described in the youtube video for Sheetah ("youtu.be/hK7S_bq5TL8?t=1m49s"). The idea is to reuse the exported frames to create more complex animations. In the video the export of such a sequence was simply a text that contained the frame sequence (e.g.: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0). If you hit the .json option and click "Export Animations" all of your custom sequences will be exported in a .json file. The idea is to use this in conjunction with your pipeline tools to make spritesheet animations more unique.

Cheers,
    Matthias
  • Its a shame that the user can not dictate the overall sprite sheet dimensions.  If the software I'm using only uses sheets that have 5 columns, Sheetah does me no good as it is exporting sheets with 6 columns.  I may as well export each frame, as the work remains the same to get the actual sheet put together.
  • Hi,

The script installs fine but when i press on "save spritesheet" it just adds a comp called png_export to the render queue, if i go ahead and render it the output is a tiny png file with no info on it. The photoshop script seems to work fine. 
  • Hi,

The script installs fine but when i press on "save spritesheet" it just adds a comp called png_export to the render queue, if i go ahead and render it the output is a tiny png file with no info on it. The photoshop script seems to work fine. 
    sheetah dontwork.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 144K
  • Its a shame that the user can not dictate the overall sprite sheet dimensions.  If the software I'm using only uses sheets that have 5 columns, Sheetah does me no good as it is exporting sheets with 6 columns.  I may as well export each frame, as the work remains the same to get the actual sheet put together.

You can define the layout by using the distrib checkbox. You'll be able to type the amount of rows and columms. Hope this helps.
  • Hello Matthias,

Does your script support AE CC 2017?
    You can define the layout by using the distrib checkbox. You'll be able to type the amount of rows and columms. Hope this helps.
    Hi Matthias, when i'm usign the distrib checkbox i'm not able to customize the number of rows and colums because when I put a number on columns and then i put the number on the rows instantly the columns set to auto and viceversa.

Hi Matthias, when i'm usign the distrib checkbox i'm not able to customize the number of rows and colums because when I put a number on columns and then i put the number on the rows instantly the columns set to auto and viceversa.

I'm only able to customize 1 parameter the other one it's set to auto automatically

• I've been getting an expression error when I try using this with a project with the rubber hose plugin, and rubber hose no longer works. Any fixes for this?
  • Hi Matthias,
    First of all it's a great plugin, thanks. I couldn't find a way to define the work area while exporting. It creates a sprite sheet of entire timeline. 
    I personally use one composition as sections following Reveal + Loop + Transition + etc. Sequences. And it would be really nice to  define the Work Area Region and export only the defined area when creating the sprite sheet. 
    Have a nice day ^^

• Any plans to update this for newer versions of AE?
  • Does Sheetah compress the images? I observed a flickering of color intensity from frame to frame which is not generated by other sheet tools. 
  • has this ever been tested on creative cloud after effect versions?
  • This is my best plug-in.

Can you make an option to remove the resolution suffix?

Thanks!
  • I love this!  I cannot seem to get the colums and rows to be the same number.  Why cant it do this?

Thanks!

j
  • Any plans to update this for newer versions of AE?
    has this ever been tested on creative cloud after effect versions?
    Qais Sami said:
    Hello Matthias,

Does your script support AE CC 2017?
    Hey Guys, just to confirm. The script works fine even with the newest AE version. A lot of issues with installing and getting it up & running is linked to actually putting the plugin AND the resources folder in the correct directory. I updated the installation guide and highlighted it in red.
  • My Sprites made in the other direction. Top-Bottom/Left-Right. But your Script makes only Left-Right/Top-Bottom. And there is no option to change the order of dirrection.