• How can solve this !! thx

"textsyncr error
    Error drawing user interface. Please check folder permission!
    IOError: Bad argument
    -File or folder does not exist"
  • Hi there,

looks like the initial download on first startup failed. Please check out the troubleshooting guide at our FAQ page!

Joey
  • I was super stoked to but the textsyncr to create captions within Adobe After Effects, however, am highly disappointed in the results. It is a good concept but is not there yet! I would avoid wasting your money on this product. It only works about 20% of the time and when you find out it will not work and you will have to do it by hand you have already wasted time that you could have spent just doing it manually. I am working with clear and clean audio that I have converted using the Adobe encoder preset. I hope that they fix the issues that is needed for it to operate the way it is advertised until then if anyone has other suggestions for other products that create captions in After Effects please let me know. 
  • I am getting an Error Message: There was an error executing the Aligner. Error details: null...
    I have a clear voice audio track at the correct settings and even left a second at the beginning. Still getting this error. Nothing about this anywhere in the FAQs unless I'm just missing it, also don't see anywhere to open a support ticket. I haven't had this plugin long and have had success with it a few times, but I can't find any reason for this error. 
  • Hi Ryne - sorry about the delay, I was on vacation. Could you please open a Support Ticket to keep the forums clean.

If you are certain that the content of your file is good for analysis (single speaker, no unusual intonation, good recording quality) it sometimes helps to look at the file's encoding. We have a Media Encoder Preset available for download. Make sure to encode your original audio file. If this doesn't work, I can maybe help you out more if you open a ticket (follow the link above).
  • Hi after reading the comments, Are you working in the Spanish version?, Thanks
  • Hey,
    we are planning an update, but please don't expect anything for the next 2 months!
  • Spent the last few hours trying to get this to work.

I keep getting this error https://i.imgur.com/KmXcRpY.png

My file is a mono .wav file

I use Windows and I got it on both Adobe CC 2019 and Adobe CC 2020
  • Hey Dirk,

this should be an easy fix if you take our Media Encoder Preset from the "Additional Downloads" section of the product page. If problems still occur, please open a support ticket!
  • This doesn't work. I've got clear audio and the wav form from their preset, but the best I can get is 45%. The markers are way off. 
  • Hi Brian,

first off, 45% doesn't have to be bad. It's meant as a guidance on how well the analysis went but might still look good.

It's great that you used the preset. The problem can only be on the content side then. Do any of the following apply to your audio file?
    If problems still occur, please open a support ticket!
  • Starting a new project in After Effects 2020 on a Windows 10, 64bit Desktop. Converted audio file to mono, wav, 16bit, 16KHz and pasted into project panel. Opened textsyncr 2; selected the audio file from the dropdown. Pasted in the correct text. When I hit Analyze, I get a popup warning that Java Runtime Environment needs to be installed. Clicked the link and went to the site. Downloaded and installed JDK for windows, 64 bit.  

I shut After Effects, went through same process, and got the same error message.
    I reinstalled Java Environment again (and received a popup saying it had been successfully installed already).
    Then rebooted system and started a new After Effects file, but I'm still getting the same arrow message and can't use Textsyncr at all.

Working on a project for someone and need help resolving this quickly.
    Will open a ticket as well, but was hoping someone could give quick advice and wasn't sure where this would be seen most quickly.
    Thanks.

Additional: I know it says JRE recommended, but JDK ok - is that still the case, or is the JRE required now?  There's also a free open-source java installer here: https://adoptopenjdk.net/  Would this be sufficient?
  • Robert opened a Support Ticket and got help there ;)
  • Robert opened a Support Ticket and got help there ;)
    Is there any solution displayed puclicly for this issue? I am facing the same problem and as Robert I opened a support ticket too!
    hopefully get a solution soon!----------------OLD message

Found a solution for the Java Download, on the provided link I didnt found any Java SE RE so searched the web and found this download and worked for the part of the java issue
    https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jre8-downloads.html

Now facing the Problem with the error first word not found, changing it to similar words didnt work (Feeling ORIGINAL -> Sealing, Leaving, living)
    I extracted the voice from a song, so is it possible that the background cancelled music is interfering the analyzation?

• Hi Joachim 

What is the solution for the below Java installation problems ? 

Thanks 

• Hi John,
    what problems exactly are you having? If it's a big issue, please instead open a support ticket and get help there!
  • Hi Joachim. Looks like a very useful plugin you've made. 
    I'm on a project where I'm using After Effects' Range Selector feature on text layers to animate in word by word. I'm doing this to match a VO and a transcript exists. 
    I understand your plugin generates markers, which I could use as a guide to visually see where the words are on the timeline, but are you aware of a way to use those markers to drive a type-on effect? 

Thank you
  • Hi David! I think typemonkey is what you are looking for? It allows you to animate text automatically via markers. Also, textsyncr is compatible with it!
  • Hi. Have you been able to test this out on an Apple M1 CPU based machine yet?

Thank you.
  • Hi - 2 weeks ago I was getting normal function out of textsyncr.  Now, Im getting '10 out of 55 words' or 18% accuracy.  I checked the file type, mono -.wav - 16 bit - 16khz as recommended.  I am using after effect 17.7.0 - but again, the was working 2 weeks ago.  I have restarted my computer, shut it down....at a loss.  Should I reinstall textsyncr?  Thanks!!

UPDATE:  I just reisnstalled the oldest version of after effects available, 17.5, and no luck...
  • Hi Joshua,

Changing your version of AE or Java will not help the problem. This 100% has something to do with your audio file. 

Please open a support ticket in this case and attach info on your audio (quality, intonation, number of speakers).
  • Hi,

is textsyncr sending analysis of the audio to a cloud network?

Cheers
  • Hey there,

the analysis happens on your computer and doesn't require an internet connection!

Joey
  • Is this not compatible with AE 2022?
  • I am trying to use the trial, but the "Analyze" button is missing. Any ideas?

(AE 13.5.0.347, Windows 8.1, followed the instructions below "Troubleshooting" at bottom of FAQ page.)
  • Hi Lex,
    you're using AE CC 2015 on Windows 8.1 - is that correct?
  • Yes, that is correct, Joachim.

Additional remarks that may be relevant:
    --- When the question "The script requires additional files (~15 mb). Do you want to download them now?" appeared, I clicked on 'No'. After that, I followed the "Troubleshooting" instructions.
    --- I have not checked whether the correct Java is installed, because, if that would not be the case, textsyncr would produce a message about it.
  • Please open a support ticket, because it seems like we can't fix this in one single forums message ;) It's not related to Java that's for sure. I remember that we had some users having problems with the UI back in Windows 8. That's an issue across multiple scripts, though.
  • I got this error in order to run the plug in- 
    "You need to install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE, recommended) or the Java Development Kit (JDK) in order to run this program."

What is this?  why do I need to install something else-  I do not see anywhere on this page anything about this
  • Hi Adam! It's not an error - you just need java so the script can do its thing. We have a short section on it in our FAQs
  • I keep getting a "Textsyncr The Transcription contains invalid characters: <> 

Error message..........
  • Just make sure that you remove all the special characters before hitting "analyze"! Look for these --> ()[]\.-!?,;:'"‚‘„“’
  • Joachim Holler,
    I'm looking to create animated captions like Descript offers here (skip to 1:59): 
    I know Textsyncr can take care of splitting the captions into sections/screens. And I know TypeMonkey can highlight individual words. But can both be used together to provide an effect like this?
    Thanks,
    Brian
  • Hi Brian,
    I am not 100% sure about the TypeMonkey functionality, but I know that they have a "Marker Sync" feature. This allows you to use the Textsyncr-Markers to drive the Monkey animation!
  • Hello

I installed java, saved my audio file as mono-channel, 16-bit, 16000 hz. When I hit analyze, I get the spinning rainbow wheel and AE becomes unresponsive. What do I need to change? 
  • Hi Gillian,

On some systems, you get the spinning rainbow, but that doesn't mean that your AE is crashing. Let it run for 1 minute and only if it keeps spinning for longer, you know that there is a problem.

If you run into more problems, please open a support ticket!
  • Hey @joachimholler, can you pleaase help me to fix this?

• I'm getting this error as well. Please reply to this message because I am noticing that you sent instructions outside the discussion board that I cannot use to fix this problem. I've tried to reinstall the plugin already. 

"textsyncr error

Error drawing user interface. Please check folder permission!
    TypeError: underfined is not an object"
  • Hi there,
    if you run into problems like this, feel free to open a support ticket to get high priority support!

Your specific problem is covered in our knowledgebase. It seems like the installation didn't finish properly.
  • So apparently I only extracted the "textsync" zip and didn't extract the "lipsync" folder into the "aescripts" folder. Thank you for the help Joachim.
  • I have done extensive tests with 48khz at both 16/32 bit and not getting any decent results.
    Most of the results the markers are way off. Not even close.
    I even removed the first few words and I am not getting anything decent here.
    The audio I have is only a min long.
  • Hi Eric,
    it's really hard to help you without knowing the content of your audio (for example, why is it playing back in slo mo?). Please open a support ticket and provide as much info as possible!
  • Hi Joachim,

I was really hoping this would help! Unfortunately, I'm getting around 13% success rate and most of the markers are all grouped at the end. I'm using the Media Encoder plug in and I also tried my own conversion using Audition but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I tried removing words at the begining and at the end and/or replacing some to similar words. The audio is a clean AI voice with no flaws. I'm kind of stuck here! Any other tips? Thanks!
  • Hi Andrew,
    you can't analyze AI voice. It might sound human, but it's really different in its structure
  • This showed great promise in theory, but in practice it fails to deliver. I'm not sure what method it's using to try to match words to audio, but it doesn't seem state of the art by 2023 standards. I'm hoping an update, even one that relies on an internet connection/cloud service of some sort as opposed to on-device processing, could make this "just work" with near 100% accuracy.

It's extra frustrating because Adobe can do this natively in Premiere (see the transcription and captions feature) but doesn't expose the word-by-word timestamps in a way that I can re-use them in After Effects, hence why I came here. If only the modern tech that transcribes + matches timestamps exactly from Premiere could be combined with the usability and functionality of this AE plugin.