Divide & Corner
  • The demo appears to have bugs. When mousing over the "Divide" button it flickers rapidly, and nothing happens when it is clicked on.

MacOS 10.8.5 with AE CS6.
  • Hi James
    Thank you very much for trying "Divide & Corner".
    Blinking is an error of AE CS6, but I found another way to make it work, just uploaded a new version in which everything is working.

Cheers
    Eofain Ptorrez
  • Thanks Eofain,

That seems to have fixed it.

• Hello, Thank you for this nice, fun plugin (Thanks for the fix to CS6.)

I thought of something.  Can you add another checkbox option to add a new null object as a Scale Controller.  (With the scale property of layers pick whipped to this New Scale Controller?)

That's my two cents.
    Thanks

• Hi Luc
    It's a great idea, perhaps implemented in a future release. Not only the scale, also other properties.

Cheers
    Eofain Ptorrez
  • Great idea but crashes too often with ae cc15 (no response from the panel or white panel).
    Is there an update planned?

edit: the plugin does not work with ae cc15

cheers
  • Hi Jeremy,
    I just did some tests in ae cc2015 and all okay, anyway take thoroughly.
    The next week will get a new version with some fixes and a new feature.

Cheers
    Eofain PTorrez
  • Hi, I really like this script. 
    I have a question though - I want to be able to divide up a square into a regular grid, but then use the collage control to push the individual shapes away from the centre. Is there a way to modify the expressions so that I can do that?
    What would be even better is if I can use one 'collage' null to control recursive grids (ie one section of the grid is actually a smaller grid)
  • Hey Eofain,

Will this be updated anytime soon?
  • Hi there,

Is there a way to divide a layer (an image) without seeing where the splits are?

At the moment I'm getting a very fine 'grid' effect even on full quality.

Cheers

Damian
    Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 17.36.26.png
    733 x 449 - 465K
  • Hi Damian,

The grid effect occurs when the division in the columns or rows is not exact, then the masks are created with a width or height in decimals. To solve this problem I recommend you to set the expansion of the mask to 1 or 2, until the grid effect disappears.

Cheers
    EofainPtorrez
  • Hi, I really need this script and I bought it.I can't download this script using "aescritps"."Unzipping Divide & corner" during download.But other purchased scripts can be used normally.
  • Hi Yan Li,
    I just tried the download and it's fine. If you have problems, try to download the trial version, from the "try" button, when executing it in after effects you will also be asked for the license.
    I'm currently testing it on windows 10, tell me if you drive another operating system.

Cheers 
    Eofain.PTorrez
  • Hi Yan Li,
    I just tried the download and it's fine. If you have problems, try to download the trial version, from the "try" button, when executing it in after effects you will also be asked for the license.
    I'm currently testing it on windows 10, tell me if you drive another operating system.

Cheers 
    Eofain.PTorrez
    Sorry, I didn't elaborate on my question. I am using the OS 10.15.3 system. When using "aescripts aelpugins", I cannot download "divide & corner", and I keep getting "unzipping divide & corner". And I tried to download from "safari" browser, but it still failed. I have purchased a license.
  • Yan Li said:
    Hi Yan Li,

Cheers 
    Eofain.PTorrez
    Sorry, I didn't elaborate on my question. I am using the OS 10.15.3 system. When using "aescripts aelpugins", I cannot download "divide & corner", and I keep getting "unzipping divide & corner". And I tried to download from "safari" browser, but it still failed. I have purchased a license.

Please use our manager app to install: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
  • I installed this to my After effects, but when I try to use it I get a message( unable to execute at line 52 undefined is not an object) Anybody know what the problem is? Thanks!
  • I installed this to my After effects, but when I try to use it I get a message( unable to execute at line 52 undefined is not an object) Anybody know what the problem is? Thanks!
    Hi,
    I am working to solve this error, however, the script works correctly if you run it as follows:
    -> Inside after effects
    file> scripts> run script file (Search the script)> ok

To find the script you can go to:
    -> Window
    C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe After Effects (your version) \ Support Files \ Scripts \ ScriptUI Panels
    -> Mac OS
    Applications / Adobe After Effects (your version) / Scripts / ScriptUI Panels