• How do we set the thickness of book cover like image 
  • Hi, Landrew.
    Book cover and pages don't have the thickness. It is texture.
  • So this image is just for display?
    3D Flip Book
  • Yes.
    The book demonstrates in the video.
  • Hi, Froggy team

I am trying to work with 3d Flip Book. I find it very difficult to work with it. After 10 seconds the book disapears. Iam from the netherlands , over 60 years and i don't understand the meaning of all the comments. Is there a sort of tutorial where step by step is explained what to do? Or is there someone who can help me? I am working for my grandchils and i would like to make a book with her pictures in it.

Thank You
  • Hi  Froggy team
    How to fix "Proxy Enabled" ???
  • Does it work with nevest AE 2017? I'm asking because I'm trying to use it and it doesn't work. 
  • Hi, Fadi.
    If the composition remain in "Proxy Enabled" the script is not finished his work, or there was an unidentified error. Need more details.
  • Hi, Emil.
    Currently the script tested Win CC2017 (14.0) and it works fine.

• How can I get the license code for this plugin? (I purchased the source)
  • Hi, guys!

It is a realy good script for AE! I created similar one for web: http://3dflipbook.net. It looks exactly like real book. So if you are going to create your website and you need a good flipbook plugin welcome to my site!

Best regards,
    Sony.
  • It does not work with nevest AE 2017.2. The composition remain "Proxy Enabled" and it doesn't work.
  • Hi, Marcin.
    Please open a support ticket for direct help.
  • Script updated.
    3D Flip Book v1.3 - add support CC 2017.2
  • Hi, there appears to be no "3D flip book" button for me. I already copied the file into the Scripts UI folder, and checked the "allow scripts" box in preferences. 
  • Scripts in the ScriptUI Panels folder are available from the bottom of the Window menu.
  • Hi, I am currently running the trial version and I have opened the script panel, but there is nothing in the panel. If I purchase it, will the panel be there, or is it an issue with my program only? 
  • After running the script, did you see the license entry window?
  • After running the script, did you see the license entry window?
    Yes, and I typed trial. The box is empty.
  • If less than 7 days after the first run (trial period) should work.
    What is your OS and AE version?
  • If less than 7 days after the first run (trial period) should work.
    What is your OS and AE version?
    I got the trial version yesterday. I have windows 10 and AE 2015 13.5.
  • Try run another my script 3D Flip Board. (same UI code.)

• Try run another my script 3D Flip Board. (same UI code.)

Strange, they both finally showed, but only when the panel was undocked and made the smallest size possible. If I keep dragging to make it larger on the right side the small fraction that is visible becomes out of frame (or not there). Anyway, part of the button is visible so I can still manage to click it. Weird. But thank you very much for your help!
  • When rendering my book, as a quicktime file, there is no book in the finished video. It's just what appears to be a background, there is no book? I set the main composition as the one to be rendered, and in the editor i can see the book flipping through the pages. 
  • Hi, Rai.
    Please open a support ticket for direct help, and send us more information (video, screenshot of errors) and description of your system.

Thanks
    Andrey
  • Hi, how do I make the pages last longer, as well as change the background? Thanks.
  • You personally make pages of the right size, design and content.
    Add them to one folder, and the script makes a book out of them.
    There is a small rule in naming the back of the book, see the video.
  • Also, is there any way to change the angle of how the book is viewed? For example, if I wanted to see it from a bird's eye view such as in the demo video. 
  • The script creates a complete 3D model of the book. You can rotate it 360 degrees and use the camera.
  • Thanks for the ideal solution for the project I'm working on currently!

There's one problem here, and it's appreciated if you could help.

"Page Warp" effect doesn't seem to be working on my situation.
    I'm using Mac : 10.11 / AE CC2015 / Japanese version

Is anyone facing the same problem?
    If there's a way to fix this I'd like a help!

Thanks
  • Hi, Haj.
    "Page Warp" effect work only with "Ray-traced 3D" Renderer.
    on Mac press Command + K   Composition Settings/3D Renderer/Renderer

Thanks
  • Hi Froggy Team,

Now they work beautifully!

Thanks a lot!
  • Hello,

Just purchase this but saw no options for adding bend to the pages like in the demo video. How do you do that?

Thanks!
  • Hi, Aaron.
    "Page Warp" effect work only with "Ray-traced 3D" Renderer.
    Composition Settings/3D Renderer/Renderer
  • I read earlier about that but was wondering more about how to implement it to be honest. As an effect on each page? Or the composition itself? How to do setup up the timing to get a realistic page turn?

Because this is what I have and I really don't know how to move on from this.

PS: It is being read backwards Jap.
    Capture.JPG
    1392 x 635 - 167K
  • When the "Ray-traced 3D" Renderer is turned on and the "Page Warp" parameter is set to "100" pages when turning over will bend. The demo video was made with these settings.
    Additionally, on the first and last pages added the "Drop shadow".
    To bend the corner of the page, you can add the effect of "Page Turn", but it will have to be animated manually.
  • the book is built, but one of the page can't be showed after it's flipped.
    Book_001_page_015
    Book_001_page_016 
    which are in 1 min 30~32 second
    please kindly help me
    Thank you very much
  • I would like to know if it's possibile to add a shadow to the turning pages.

Thanks!!
  • Hi, Jacopo.

Yes, you need to manually configure the material for each pages (Material Options/Cast Shadows - ON) and add a Light source (Cast Shadows - ON) to the Composition.

Thanks
  • It works, thank you!
  • Hi, 

I created a book that has about 50 pages.
    I notice that when the book is opened to a particular page, eg. page 017 & 018, part of the inner cover (page 002) layer seems to intersect with page 017 layer. This happens where page 017 and 018 meet. So I see a strip of a different page there.

This happens to other pages as well, not just page 017. 

If I hide page 001, I realised that pages 003. 005, 007 etc would also showing through in the same manner.

Any suggestions on how to solve this, please? 

Thank you.

• This is a feature 3D renderer engine of the AE.
    Try increasing the "Book Thickness" and "Angle Follow" settings.
    Or change Current Renderer to "Ray-traced 3D" or "CINEMA 4D"

Thanks
    Andrew

• Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for the tips, I tried increasing the 'Book Thickness" and "Angle Follow", and it helped somewhat but did not completely eliminate the problem.
    Will try the changing the renderer to see if that can solve the problem. 

Thank you. 
  • Hi,
    I have problems in AE cc16, the last version. The same project that worked with cc15 with cc16 crashes. Is there any solution?

Thank you,

Jacopo
  • Hi, Jacopo.

Please open a support ticket for direct help, and send us more information (project file, screenshot of errors) and description of your system.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Love this script! Is there any way to give them pages a little bend so they turn more fluidly?
  • Hi, Kamryn.
    The bend is made by standard means of AE and will only work in "Ray-traced 3D" or "CINEMA 4D" Renderer. 
  • Hi there,

Thanks for this great script !

Ever tried rendering on a 96 pages book ?
    It takes forever... any tips for faster render ?

Best regards,
    Anthony
  • Hi, Anthony.
    The book of 100 pages is relatively quickly and accurately rendered with the "CINEMA 4D" Renderer.
    You can speed up the rendering by running multiple instances on the same computer with multimachine render settings.

Thanks
    Andrew