• I am having trouble loading this on a Mac os10.68, CS 5.5 it keeps giving me errors ....
  • what do the errors say?
  • Is it American spelling?
  • yes it's american, but you can create your own dictionary for use with it, you just need a text file with each word for your dictionary on a separate line and run the buildDictionary script in the spellCheckFiles folder.
  • Any chance it will it work with AE CC? OS X9.5?
  • Any chance it will it work with AE CC? OS X9.5?
    It definitely works in AE CC.  I don't know about osx 9.5.

You can download the script for free and give it a try.  I bet it works!
  • I installed the script and everything seems to work except the "suggest word" option. I'm connected to the internet as the instructions suggested but nothing happens when you click the button. I am running OS 10.10.3 on AE CC2014 and made sure to install the files in the Scripts folder. Is there anything I missed?
  • Do you have the "allow scripts to access the network" option selected?  it is in general preferences.
  • That fixed it. Thanks so much!
  • I don't have eagle's eyes to verify all spelling errors after long hours in front of computer, english is not my first language and I always get embarrassed when client send an e-mail to correct spelling mistakes... So it's time to change that for good! Congratulations! This is awesome!
    PS: It's working great but for an unknown reason it can't display suggestions for the misspelled word detected "colission".
  • Does this work on CC2015?
  • Does it work while editing a dynamic link comp in Premiere?
  • Does it work while editing a dynamic link comp in Premiere?
    Do you mean you are creating text in premiere; dynamic linking it to a ae comp; run spell check on text.

If that is what you are trying to do, I don't think it will work, but it would be pretty easy to test.
  • In case anybody is interested in using the buildDictionary.jsx in AE CC versions to build their custom dictionaries they have to change line 37 which is:
    masterFilePath = fileGetDialog('Open the master list to create the dictionary structure','*');
    to
    masterFilePath = File.openDialog('Open the master list to create the dictionary structure','*');

• Does this check all nested precomps (without clicking into all of them) for spelling errors?
  • Does this check all nested precomps (without clicking into all of them) for spelling errors?
    yes
  • Hi, 

Thanks so much for providing this.

What would be really handy to have would be a button which triggers the popup window implemented as a UI panel,

So that one doesn't have to manually trigger the script to appear.

Also I can't change the size of the floating panel, meaning sometimes I have a lot of suggestions but I can't see them all as the window is too small.

Thanks again for providing this script though. 
  • Can someone update this for CC or 20?  Spellcheck works but won't add to dictionary.  I've even changed the .jsx as stated below.  
  • I fixed the dictionary build functionality.
  • Thanks for the update! I have been using this script for years and it's a life saver. If you're ever looking to add features it would be awesome if there was a button to display the misspelled text layer in the comp. Thanks.

Kevin