• Hi Hernan

First of all sorry for my english.. I hope you understand everything.

I just heard of this plugin two days ago and now I'm testing out how far you can go with this plugin and if I could use it for my business.
    And there comes my question:
    Is it possible to implement those animations for example to dynamic elements that are created in the CMS (for example menu buttons, text, etc.)? I animated an opening menu (when you open the menu by clicking on the burger-button, three boxes with the names of the subpages are coming out of the burger button and move to the side.) and I showed it to a coder that codes many of our designed websites (I sent him the .json and the lottie.js files) and he told me that it would be impossible to implement this animation because the menu is dynamic and so I could only use it for the animation of the burger-button when the menu opens and closes, but not for the moving boxes with the text of the subpages.
    I heard a lot of good things about this plugin but I didn't hear anything about how far you can go with it and what's possible to implement in a website and what's not. So it would be great if you could clarify this and tell me/us how far we can go with this plugin and if the coder maybe missed something important. 

I would really like to hear an answer from you, because I see so much potential in this plugin and it would be great if we could use it for future websites.

Thanks and regards
    Martin
  • Hi Hernan

First of all sorry for my english.. I hope you understand everything.

I just heard of this plugin two days ago and now I'm testing out how far you can go with this plugin and if I could use it for my business.
    And there comes my question:
    Is it possible to implement those animations for example to dynamic elements that are created in the CMS (for example menu buttons, text, etc.)? I animated an opening menu (when you open the menu by clicking on the burger-button, three boxes with the names of the subpages are coming out of the burger button and move to the side.) and I showed it to a coder that codes many of our designed websites (I sent him the .json and the lottie.js files) and he told me that it would be impossible to implement this animation because the menu is dynamic and so I could only use it for the animation of the burger-button when the menu opens and closes, but not for the moving boxes with the text of the subpages.
    I heard a lot of good things about this plugin but I didn't hear anything about how far you can go with it and what's possible to implement in a website and what's not. So it would be great if you could clarify this and tell me/us how far we can go with this plugin and if the coder maybe missed something important. 

I would really like to hear an answer from you, because I see so much potential in this plugin and it would be great if we could use it for future websites.

Thanks and regards
    Martin
    Hi Martin, your coder is probably right, that the plugin won't be able to support to dynamically add new elements to your menu.
    What it does support, is changing texts dynamically, but I don't think it's enough for your use case.
  • Can you help solve the Chinese version of the AE export gradient only black and white?
  • Hi guys I am very new to this script and not more than 1 year in after effects.
    I am using this template
    It has quite complex code line fir the animation and I am not an expert but I think it has other complex thing inside the composition
    The type of expresions it has are like this

Any idea if it can be exported with bodymovin and how?
    Thanks
  • Hi friends,

Just got this script the other day and it seems to be causing my AE CC2019 to crash whenever I close the Bodymovin panel. Have you seen anyone else experiencing this at all?
  • Hi friends,

Just got this script the other day and it seems to be causing my AE CC2019 to crash whenever I close the Bodymovin panel. Have you seen anyone else experiencing this at all?
    Yes, this is an AE problem.
    I know they are working on fixing it for the next release.
    There is nothing I can do on my side unfortunately.
  • This plugin is amazing!!!

There is one fatal flaw that i found though... :(

It would be a great fix if the asset export would KEEP the image name instead of using and index number
    so comp export could use the same assets

I had to comps using the same images except in the second comp i didnt need an 2 images
    when i exported them the assets had different index numbers!

So as a hack i had to export the comp with all the same images but just hide the 2 i didnt need on the timeline so the export images had the same index

;p

PLEASE add this into the next build!

Other wise this was a game changer for us!!!
  • This plugin is amazing!!!

There is one fatal flaw that i found though... :(

It would be a great fix if the asset export would KEEP the image name instead of using and index number
    so comp export could use the same assets

I had to comps using the same images except in the second comp i didnt need an 2 images
    when i exported them the assets had different index numbers!

So as a hack i had to export the comp with all the same images but just hide the 2 i didnt need on the timeline so the export images had the same index

;p

PLEASE add this into the next build!

Other wise this was a game changer for us!!!
    Hi, if you go to the Bodymovin panel and select the settings next to the comp, expand Assets and check Original Asset Names, I think it will do what you need.
  • Awesome! Will try that!!! Thank you!
  • Hi, this plugin looks really great!

I have a question - If I export a text animation into html, would it be still editable? I mean changing the text directly in html ...

Thanks a lot!
    LE

I have a question - If I export a text animation into html, would it be still editable? I mean changing the text directly in html ...

Thanks a lot!
    LE
    You can edit it provided you export text as font instead of glyphs, or export all the characters you need to complete the text.

To edit the text layer, I suggest that you use
    https://github.com/bodymovin/lottie-api
  • Hello,

Not sure if you know this but is this something that would be able to work hand in hand with Tumult Hype? Such as converting the files and using them on Hype?

Thanks

Thanks a lot!
    LE
    You can edit it provided you export text as font instead of glyphs, or export all the characters you need to complete the text.

To edit the text layer, I suggest that you use
    https://github.com/bodymovin/lottie-api
    Thank you a lot Hernan for your support - I will give it a try ;-) Ludvik
  • Hi Hernan,
    Coll stuff! I'm testing your plugin to use it in production.

Are you planning to implement more blending modes or effects?
    In the wishlist there are  :

!!! Add or Linear Dodge (not present in the example but both tested and don't work)
    !! Blur (any)
    Hue and Sat

Many thanks,
    Matteo

• Hi Hernan,
    Coll stuff! I'm testing your plugin to use it in production.

Are you planning to implement more blending modes or effects?
    In the wishlist there are  :

!!! Add or Linear Dodge (not present in the example but both tested and don't work)
    !! Blur (any)
    Hue and Sat

Many thanks,
    Matteo

Hi, all blend modes I'm leveraging are the ones supported by browsers natively.
    For now I don't have plans on supporting other blend modes, or Hue and Saturation with svg filters.
    Regarding blur, unfortunately browsers are not great with svg filter performance and blur would be a big hit on performance.
  • Hi Hernan,

I had a contract for making animation for a website. Here the results, thanks to you : https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/nanosites/quatre-contes-de-grimm.html

Adrien
  • Hi Hernan,

I had a contract for making animation for a website. Here the results, thanks to you : https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/nanosites/quatre-contes-de-grimm.html

Adrien
    Hi Adrien!  The animations look very good!
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • Thanks for creating this awesome plugin. I'm having one issue that I can't figure out. The render keeps producing PNG files for a red box and a few text elements. I've converted them all to shape layers. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Brad
  • Thanks for creating this awesome plugin. I'm having one issue that I can't figure out. The render keeps producing PNG files for a red box and a few text elements. I've converted them all to shape layers. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Brad
    hi, can you share the .aep?
  • Can I embed/use a video (pre-rendered part of complex animation) in bodymovin animation?
  • Hello Hernan

we are producing an app that will require animations and those will be made on AE and then turned into .json files

However, apparently, if we use a plugin to rig the characters bodymovin won't 'read' the rigging or so my developers tell me. Is there any way to, let's say, use Puppet Tool and then produce the .json?
  • Hello Hernan

we are producing an app that will require animations and those will be made on AE and then turned into .json files

However, apparently, if we use a plugin to rig the characters bodymovin won't 'read' the rigging or so my developers tell me. Is there any way to, let's say, use Puppet Tool and then produce the .json?
    Unfortunately, the puppet tool is not supported by the player.
    Also, keep in mind that if you are using the android or ios players, expressions are not supported either.
  • Can I embed/use a video (pre-rendered part of complex animation) in bodymovin animation?
    No, unfortunately, lottie doesn't support video layers

• Unfortunately, the puppet tool is not supported by the player.
    Also, keep in mind that if you are using the android or ios players, expressions are not supported either.

thank you

• "Wiggle - position" seem not to work.
    does effects like wiggle work with bodymovin?

• "Wiggle - position" seem not to work.
    does effects like wiggle work with bodymovin?

i found answer:

wiggle is not supported unfortunately, it works as a placeholder so the animation doesn't break.
    It's difficult to simulate wiggle and it would never work exactly the same since I don't have AE's random seed.

AND

You can convert the expression to keyframes, by selecting the transform property you assigned the expression to (e.g. Position) then clic to the menu Animation > Keyframe Assistant> Convert Expression to keyframe.

--------

i checked and it worked - 

what i did exactly was - convert expressions to keyframes 

i copied the keyframes

i deleted the wiggle effect alltogether

i pasted the keyframes into content > rectangle1 > rectangle path 1 > Position

(so into the paths not the general transform - it didn't seem to work there)

then it worked

• Hi Hernan ,

Can i use fbx extension for getting json file format using bodymovin ? .
  • Hi Hernan,

I've created a 3D Box Spinning around Using Shape Layers in 3D Space and a Null that it spins around.
    I can't seem to get this exported correctly.

I was wondering if 3D layers are possible? I noticed below in the comments someone had a similar problem and was wondering if you could share what you found.

Thanks
    Nathan
  • Hi Hernan,

I've created a 3D Box Spinning around Using Shape Layers in 3D Space and a Null that it spins around.

I was wondering if 3D layers are possible? I noticed below in the comments someone had a similar problem and was wondering if you could share what you found.

Thanks
    Nathan
    Hi Nathan, 3d has limited support, but your setup should work fine with the web player using the html renderer.
  • Hi Hernan ,

Can i use fbx extension for getting json file format using bodymovin ? .
    Hi, I'm not very familiar with that extension, but I think it's used for 3d tools right? Bodymovin has very limited support for 3d layers.
  • Thanks for the Help Herman, 

I had a little Transparency Script that was causing conflict
    toCompVec([0, 0, 1])[2] > 100 ? value : 100

My only other problem is Merge layers aren't working within a shape Layer? I have a solid shape with a whole cut in the middle. Im using 2 Paths and a merge layer (Mode: Subtract). This is not rendering out.

Thanks for the help :D

Hi Hernan,

Thanks
    Nathan
    Hi Nathan, 3d has limited support, but your setup should work fine with the web player using the html renderer.

• Thanks for the Help Herman, 

I had a little Transparency Script that was causing conflict
    toCompVec([0, 0, 1])[2] > 100 ? value : 100

My only other problem is Merge layers aren't working within a shape Layer? I have a solid shape with a whole cut in the middle. Im using 2 Paths and a merge layer (Mode: Subtract). This is not rendering out.

Thanks for the help :D

Hi Hernan,

Thanks
    Nathan

Indeed, merge paths are not supported by the player yet.
  • Android (java.lang.IllegalStateException: Missing values for keyframe.) please help me !!!
  • marco wu said:
    Android (java.lang.IllegalStateException: Missing values for keyframe.) please help me !!!
    Are you using the latest android player (v3.x) with bodymovin version 5.5.x?
  • Hi, Does this work with posterize time? Thanks
  • al power said:
    Hi, Does this work with posterize time? Thanks
    hi, unfortunately posterize time is not supported by the players
  • al power said:
    Hi, Does this work with posterize time? Thanks
    hi, unfortunately posterize time is not supported by the players
    Thank you Hernan
  • marco wu said:
    Android (java.lang.IllegalStateException: Missing values for keyframe.) please help me !!!
    I tried to change version 4.5.4 to 5.5.0 ~ 5.5.9, but failed. The previous error was still displayed, but ios can run, but Android cannot. Please help me, I am very anxious
  • Hi there, i would like to export in html5 with audio. could it be possible?  Many thanks

• Hi there, i would like to export in html5 with audio. could it be possible?  Many thanks
    Hi, unfortunately the player doesn't support audio layers.
    You can export them separately and synchronize the animation with the audio element with a custom player.
  • wow!!! Please I have to present a project, could you tell me how to synchronize with a custom player¿??
    Many thanks in advance 

Hi there, i would like to export in html5 with audio. could it be possible?  Many thanks
    You can export them separately and synchronize the animation with the audio element with a custom player.

• wow!!! Please I have to present a project, could you tell me how to synchronize with a custom player¿??
    Many thanks in advance 

Hi there, i would like to export in html5 with audio. could it be possible?  Many thanks

you can build your own ticker that listens to the audio time update and updates the animation position every frame to keep them synchronized.
  • marco wu said:
    marco wu said:
    I tried to change version 4.5.4 to 5.5.0 ~ 5.5.9, but failed. The previous error was still displayed, but ios can run, but Android cannot. Please help me, I am very anxious
    Try to change settings of your selected comp in Bodymovin' : Advanced > Export old json format (for backwards compatibility).
    That works for me :)
  • It's not exporting a json file and I checked this option in the advanced options. Any thoughts on why it's not working? 
  • It's not exporting a json file and I checked this option in the advanced options. Any thoughts on why it's not working? 
    Hi, can you share the .aep?

Yes!!! 

Yes!!! 

Kinda new to the way this system works, how do I get you a file? 
  • Hi,
    I have a problem with masks on shape layers. I use version 5.5.4 and AE CC19.
    When i rendering and open in lottie viewer dont see layers with mask.
  • Hi,
    I have a problem with masks on shape layers. I use version 5.5.4 and AE CC19.
    When i rendering and open in lottie viewer dont see layers with mask.