• Is there a way to download previous versions?
  • Is there a way to download previous versions? I need the 5.4.4 version and i dont know how to get it.
  • Hey there! I'm trying to animate using the Puppet Pin Position Tool, do you know of anyway to include the animation on export? Everytime I try to export it comes out blank. 
  • Hi! Thank you for all the awesome work you guys do. I'm looking for best practices for reducing file size on render and what to look out for that effect performance on device. I did a bit of digging on google and found a couple of things surrounding paths, masks, mattes and parenting but all on different articles. Unfortunately there's not a lot of documentation around this. I thought I'd come to the source. If it's not too much to ask, could you outline the main things that effect JSON file size and performance on native mobile through lottie? 
  • Hi, it would be great if there was a way to export an SVG sequence. Thanks!
  • Hello I just bought this plugin but its not recognizing AE CC 2019 on the extension manager or ZXP installer, any idea why?
  • Hello I just bought this plugin but its not recognizing AE CC 2019 on the extension manager or ZXP installer, any idea why?
    Hi, can you create a ticket so an admin can help you?
  • Got it workin! Used Wordpress + Bodymovin plugin. 

For those of you who want to do more, like replace your logo with something animated:

After you've exported your JSON file from Bodymovin in After Effects, getting set up on Wordpress is easy (more or less) 

1. Wordpress | Install WP Bodymovin plugin/Activate
    2. Wordpress | Install a javascript editor | I used TC Custom Javascript
    3. Upload your JSON via WP Bodymovin plugin. 
    4. Grab your shortcode
    5. Add a "Custom HTML" widget to a sidebar you want.
    6. Set a div to wrap your json player. i.e. <div id="yourdivname">[pasteshortcodehere]</div>
    7. Now that you've wrapped your shortcode you can move the output around with jquery. 
    jQuery(function($){
    $( '.logo_class' ).after($('#yourdivname')); 
    });
    Drop that in your custom javascript editor, then change '.logo_class' and '#yourdivname' accordingly.
    You can drop that multiple times in your JS editor to move different elements around. 
    8. Make sure to find the correct class name, it might not be .logo_class. Trade that out with any selector you want. 

Also try replacing ".after(...)" with ".before(..)" and some of the other methods. 

I learned a lot tonight.

See it working on nubbyninja.com (menu)
  • When exporting a banner, the html is blank.   The tag works, but there's nothing there.   Can you guys make a tutorial on the new export modes please, specifically banner?
  • When exporting a banner, the html is blank.   The tag works, but there's nothing there.   Can you guys make a tutorial on the new export modes please, specifically banner?
    Hi, can you share the exported file and the .aep?
  • Is there any documentation on how Rive export works? I see it exports a flare backup file for importing into rive, but how is this different from importing the JSON exported by bodymovin into rive?
  • Is there a way to export marker? Or any kind of indication in time different that a specific frame or second?
  • Is there a way to export marker? Or any kind of indication in time different that a specific frame or second?
    Markers are not supported yet unfortunately. Do you want to use them on the web player?
  • Is there any documentation on how Rive export works? I see it exports a flare backup file for importing into rive, but how is this different from importing the JSON exported by bodymovin into rive?
    Hi, there is not a significant difference, but if you don't need to edit the animation, you can directly use the export with the rive runtime
  • Hi, does the bodymovin work with RubberHouse? After I exported composition the legs are missing.
  • Hi, does the bodymovin work with RubberHouse? After I exported composition the legs are missing.
    Hi, if you are using it for web, rubberhose should work fine. Make sure you include hidden and guided layers on export
    Hi, can you share the exported file and the .aep?
    I'm having the same issue. Has anyone figured this one out yet?
  • Hi, I'm trying to export with image compression but the render freezes on the first image, any idea what could be?
  • Hi, I'm trying to export with image compression but the render freezes on the first image, any idea what could be?
    Hi, what version of the player are you using?
  • HI, I am trying to export an animation I have made using superlines and masks, I have baked and removed all the expressions using EasyBake, but when I render with bodymovin all the strokes are bunched up instead of separated... can you please advise what (if anything) am I doing wrong? i can provider the AEP if necessary...

thanks in advance!

//EDIT//

Nevermind! I figured it out - it used the wiggle to separate several strokes - as soon as I removed it and manually adjusted stroke position manually, it worked.

//EDIT 2//

so after I fixed the AEP and successfully exported the animation, but, the exported .json is glitchy.... whenever it runs for the first time it stutters... and then starts running through the animation fine - however this is a problem when it needs to run only once and not in a loop... would you please have a look at it?! I have replicated this behavior both on lottiefiles preview and on webflow when I uploaded it onto a test page... here is the link to the json - https://assets10.lottiefiles.com/packages/lf20_Wper2R.json - any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!
  • Does anyone know if there’s a way to create hover (mouse over) animations for Wordpress? Thanks!
  • Just re-installed AE 2019 and got the plugin to work. On Windows10 AE 2020 no comps in the project will show in the plugin's main view. Tested on Windows10 2019 and Mac Catalina and both show project comps. I reinstalled AE, Bodymovin multiple times and ran ZXP in admin just incase. Any known bugs for win10 and 2020? thx!

*******APRIL 12 Update fixed********
  • Thanks for plugin. Im using 2018 version of AE. After hitting the render button. It get process and after some time it get stuck. I have 10s animation and i want to export it. I have graphics in my composition. Why the render get stuck. I tried 3-4 time it stuck and i waited for more than 10-15min to finish the render but it did not. Any way or suggestion why the process is not completing. 
  • Hi! When I open the Bodymovin Extension there are no comps in the main bm window (Mac 10.13.6, AE CC 2020, 2019).

I've tried installing the Extension with Adobe Exchange, ZXP and Anatoly Extension manager, no luck. Tips welcome.

Another detail: I'm trying to export animation with 'boiling' lines. Have tried to Wiggle the shape layer lines, or applying Turbulence Displace filters in various ways, bm just ignores all boil animation... Any ideas?

many thanks,
    Fredrik

• I have exported my animation but several of the layer have exported as larger grey boxes.. some sort of exporting error or something... Im in over my head? hernan torrisi ?
  • I have exported my animation but several of the layer have exported as larger grey boxes.. some sort of exporting error or something... Im in over my head? hernan torrisi ?
    Hi, can you share the project? Usually this type of issues is related to merge paths but I need to see it to confirm.
  • What is the difference between this and the version that is offered on the Exchange ?
  • It does not support Blur and some third party basic effects... :-/
  • What is the difference between this and the version that is offered on the Exchange ?
    It's the same. Usually this one is a couple of version ahead.
  • It does not support Blur and some third party basic effects... :-/
    It should support gaussian blur with the svg renderer. But indeed, there are very few raster effects supported
  • Help, please!)
    I don't see my comps inside plugin:(
    Screen is in attachment

• Is there a more detailed API ? Is it possible to play on hover or a click of a button?
    What are the renderer options & how to use them?
    thx :)
  • thanks hernan torrisi ? how do i share the project?
  • thanks hernan torrisi ? how do i share the project?
    can you open a ticket
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I have an inverted mask that seems to be ignored in my render. Anything i can do?
  • sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this extension redundant now Lottie supports most of the same AE export parameters?
    OR is it significantly different?
  • Running the latest version. Fails every time. Have reinstalled several times. 
    Done everything. No idea why its not working. 
    Some help would be appreciated if anyone has a clue. 

Running latest After Effects, managing extension with Anastasiy. 

thanks
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 8.56.01 PM.png
    526 x 156 - 16K
    Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 8.55.49 PM.png
    1250 x 884 - 82K
  • I've tried every existing download method and it is imposible to use, I even updated and re-downloaded After Effects but render button always shows greyed out.
    Don't know what else I can do, really wanted to love this plug-in so I could use some help.
  • I've tried every existing download method and it is imposible to use, I even updated and re-downloaded After Effects but render button always shows greyed out.
    Don't know what else I can do, really wanted to love this plug-in so I could use some help.
    Hi, did you select a composition and a destination folder? If so, can you share a screenshot?

• I can't get it to work. It is version 5.7.1. I have managed to install it with the zxp but I get a large gray box. I need this plugin but I don't know what to try anymore.

error.JPG
    1355 x 791 - 96K
  • Hi, for some reason, bodymovin can't export "$" from the text. So I'm trying to make the banner, and I have a sentence "Enroll with $99 discount."

But when I'm exporting it, I only have number 9. So the $ symbol is not rendered. Let me know if you have similar issues. Thanks

• Hi, for some reason, bodymovin can't export "$" from the text. So I'm trying to make the banner, and I have a sentence "Enroll with $99 discount."

But when I'm exporting it, I only have number 9. So the $ symbol is not rendered. Let me know if you have similar issues. Thanks

Hi, can you share the project? And font if necessary
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Hi, can you share the project? And font if necessary
    I tried it and it exported fine. Can you share the exported json file?
  • Made animation in AFF (just a frame change).
    I choose bodymovin - banner. An archive is created. I open the archive, run index.html - the screen is blank ...
    I want to make a banner to pass h5validator
    What am I doing wrong?)
  • The latest version seems to make my animations jerky in preview.
  • How render images inside json? Like official lottie plugin?
  • Hi, if I use video footage as my background and sound it will render  it as html?

were it save the images and the video path?
  • Renders fail consistently when images are present in the composition - This is new, wasn't like this a few weeks ago.
    Any solution for this?
  • Hi,

The skottie preview no longer works since the update of After effects in 18.0

Bodymovin : v 5.7.6
  • Hello there!

I've created short animation in After effects and limbs were created using Rubberhose. After exporting with Bodymovin plugin limbs don't work.  I import the JSON on mobile IOS.
    I select Hidden and Guides before exporting.

Bodymovin_
    5.7.8  (Current version)  -  Apr 4, 2021
    RubberHose2_2.01
    After Effects_17.7.0 (Build 45)