Slice it Up 2
  • Hello, when I duplicate an slice composition, it's behaving like the original comp. It's not possible to reset only the second comp and make adjustments to that like you did in your video, they act as one. Any suggestions? I'm using AE 2018, german version.
    Thanks and Regards, 
    Werner
  • Hi Werner. You need to duplicate composition using bottom-left button "Duplicate Composition".
  • Hi Tomas, that's exatly the way I did it. But, as I said, both Comps act as one. When I reset the second Comp, both are resetted. When I try to edit the values of the first Comp, nothing happens. When I edit the second Comp, this is effecting both Comps...
  • Oh, that's weird Werner. I am happy to take a look at your comp. Feel free to open support ticket and attach aep. Thanks.
  • Hi! When I activate the script it creates the duplicated comp with the slices slider controls but full of expression errors!
  • Is there a way to offset the animation- almost like a falloff so that they don't all slice together?
  • Is there a way to offset the animation- almost like a falloff so that they don't all slice together?
    I had the very same question, could you apply the offset value to a displacement map or gradient falloff?

thanks!
  • Stanley Garage Builders Calgary is a premier garage construction and remodeling company. We provide quality services including garage siding, roofing, full garage rehab and new garage construction.
  • does this work with catalina and CC2020? My old 1.5 version of slice it up ain't working anymore :(
  • Hey Christoph. Yes, I need to release an update for Catalina OSX. It's on my priority list, and should be finished this week. Sorry for inconvenience.
    does this work with catalina and CC2020? My old 1.5 version of slice it up ain't working anymore :(

• Hello ! Great script thanks! Is it possible to flip (Scale -100) each slice? Im trying to get the XOR gate effect with this script and its almost there but im missing the scale :)

Thanks !
  • Hello ! Great script thanks! Is it possible to flip (Scale -100) each slice? Im trying to get the XOR gate effect with this script and its almost there but im missing the scale :)

Thanks !

Please open a support ticket here for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • When you slice it can you create those slices as new layers or so that I can use explode shape layers to separate those?  
  • SliceItUp stops working?!!

I've set a load of keyframes in a complex animation and now they've all stopped working?

Need to get this exported for client tomorrow 
  • I'm not getting the correct amount of slices after I type in the amount. AE 2022 on a Mac, OS 12.6.8. I opened a support ticket in July but never heard back from Rendertom. I also asked if this is still being developed, seeing the last update was 2019 and compatibility says AE 2021. I'm guessing it's not.
  • Hello, Chris. Please read the documentation how slicing works https://www.rendertom.com/downloads/web/slice_it_up_help.pdf (pages 7-10) as it describes differences based on container mode.

I'm not getting the correct amount of slices after I type in the amount. AE 2022 on a Mac, OS 12.6.8. I opened a support ticket in July but never heard back from Rendertom. I also asked if this is still being developed, seeing the last update was 2019 and compatibility says AE 2021. I'm guessing it's not.

• Hello, Chris. Please read the documentation how slicing works https://www.rendertom.com/downloads/web/slice_it_up_help.pdf (pages 7-10) as it describes differences based on container mode.

I'm not getting the correct amount of slices after I type in the amount. AE 2022 on a Mac, OS 12.6.8. I opened a support ticket in July but never heard back from Rendertom. I also asked if this is still being developed, seeing the last update was 2019 and compatibility says AE 2021. I'm guessing it's not.

Hi Tomas. I created a shape layer with a perfect circle and pre-composed it. I then applied Slice it Up with 10 slices but it only created 4 slices. I read through pages 7-10. I noticed in the documentation that Slice it Up had a different UI because there are "Z-Space distribution" and "container mode" options between the "number of slices" option and the "slice it up" button. The UI that I see in AE has the container options in the row of icons at the bottom and only allows me to change those settings after I've applied Slice it Up. When I type in 10 slices and click the Slice it Up button, I only get 4 slices and then when I select the different container modes, it changes the slice widths but there are still only 4 slices. Sorry if I'm being stupid and/or confusing, but I can't seem to get it to work properly.