• It's because you need to leave at lest one pixel beside each object.
    You can also try to lower the "Collision Tolerance" in the Global Properties Panel / Solver but it might give you some weird results.

Excellent plugin, but I often have a problem where as objects "push into" one another.  Is there a way to avoid this?

• Where do I find the sample projects?
  • I'm using the trial version
    why can't I set the start frame value for preview
  • The preview in Newton3 starts at t=0. You cannot change that value.
    I'm using the trial version
    why can't I set the start frame value for preview

• Will there be an update for M1 macs?
  • any plans for m1 compatibility?
  • Soon !
    Will there be an update for M1 macs?

any plans for m1 compatibility?

• wow sounds promising! But still... could we expect it within a couple of month or within a year?
    wanna fit it in my team's budget )
    Soon !

• Before or by the time Adobe will release the official version for Apple Silicon.
    wow sounds promising! But still... could we expect it within a couple of month or within a year?
    Soon !

• exhaustive answer! Thank you very much!
    Before or by the time Adobe will release the official version for Apple Silicon.
    wow sounds promising! But still... could we expect it within a couple of month or within a year?
    Soon !

• I recently updated my mac os to Big Sur and started using AE 2020 (rather than AE 2019). I'm now having issues with my Newton 2 plugin. Is Newton 2 supported on the Big Sur OS or am I required to upgrade to Newton 3? 
  • Yes you would need to upgrade as we don't support Newton 2 anymore.

I recently updated my mac os to Big Sur and started using AE 2020 (rather than AE 2019). I'm now having issues with my Newton 2 plugin. Is Newton 2 supported on the Big Sur OS or am I required to upgrade to Newton 3? 

• Can newton be used to add gravity for isometric animations?
  • Hi Thomas,

Remember Newton accept only 2D layers. But you can turn them into 3D after.
    So depending on your setup, you may be able to add gravity to isometric animation.

Cheers
    Val
  • Thanks Val :)
    Hi Thomas,

Remember Newton accept only 2D layers. But you can turn them into 3D after.
    So depending on your setup, you may be able to add gravity to isometric animation.

Cheers
    Val

• Is Newton 3.0 compatible with Apple Silicon?
    Thank you.
  • We'll release a version that is compatible with Apple Silicon soon.
    Cheers
    Val
    Is Newton 3.0 compatible with Apple Silicon? Thank you.

• Newton3 for Apple Silicon has been released!
    Tested with CC 2020, 2021, 2022 and beta. It might worked on earlier release but not tested.

Note for Mac users: We noticed that exporting Newton simulation to keyframes can be very slow with AE CC 2022, especially when the comp contains many layers and when a lot of keyframes have to be created. The problem doesn't come from Newton, it's a bug in AE (on Mac only). Adobe has been informed about this issue and we hope they are working hard to resolve it in a future release.

Is Newton 3.0 compatible with Apple Silicon? Thank you.

• I have Newton 3 and I'm trying to set up a KBar menu that I can launch it from. Problem is... although Newton manifests as a menu item in the composition menu, it's not recognised as a menu item by KBar. I've tried just about every other option I can thing of but no joy. The only possibility left to me is inputting the Newton menu command ID into KBar. Would that work? How can I get that Command ID?
  • Try:
     alert(app.findMenuCommandId("Newton 3..."));

Hope this helps!
    (I like to assign a shortcut button to Newton, mine is F5)

• Hey! I’m trying to use newton on a 2019 macbook pro (32gb ram, 2.3GHZ core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB) and it’s very slow. The strange thing is that when i first open newton the simulation runs at a stable 25fps but after maybe 20 seconds it slows down to a very unusable 6fps. That happens even with the most basic setup - simple circle bouncing on a floor. More complicated scenes with a lot of poligons and some joints also run at 25fps at first but slow down after newton has been opened for 20 seconds. What could be the problem?
  • Hi Toms,

Does it happen with older version of Newton?

Cheers
    Val
    Hey! I’m trying to use newton on a 2019 macbook pro (32gb ram, 2.3GHZ core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB) and it’s very slow. The strange thing is that when i first open newton the simulation runs at a stable 25fps but after maybe 20 seconds it slows down to a very unusable 6fps. That happens even with the most basic setup - simple circle bouncing on a floor. More complicated scenes with a lot of poligons and some joints also run at 25fps at first but slow down after newton has been opened for 20 seconds. What could be the problem?

• Hey! I have only used the newest version and cant find a way to download older versions here on aescripts.

Here are some more observations of the behaviour i'm experiencing -

When I start to render the simulation and leave Newton visible on the screen it renders at only 6fps but if I hide Newton to watch a youtube video while it renders at some point in the background Newton speeds up the render to 60fps.

Motion Boutique said:
    Hi Toms,
    Does it happen with older version of Newton?
    Cheers
    Val
  • So it's only happening on rendering? Same on preview?
    Could you please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hey! I’m trying to use newton on a 2019 macbook pro (32gb ram, 2.3GHZ core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB) and it’s very slow. The strange thing is that when i first open newton the simulation runs at a stable 25fps but after maybe 20 seconds it slows down to a very unusable 6fps. That happens even with the most basic setup - simple circle bouncing on a floor. More complicated scenes with a lot of poligons and some joints also run at 25fps at first but slow down after newton has been opened for 20 seconds. What could be the problem?
    if you use expression then simulation will drop fps over time
  • Hi, why is Newton in standby GPU working 98%, but when previewing it works only 57%
    This affects the temperature
    I am using Nvidia Quadro K420
  • Newton does not use the GPU...
    Hi, why is Newton in standby GPU working 98%, but when previewing it works only 57%
    This affects the temperature
    I am using Nvidia Quadro K420

• I absolutely adore this plugin.  Idea for future update: Backwards physics.  Set end position and have program calculate how to get the pieces there.  Or perhaps there is a way to do this and I just havent dug deep enough yet :)
  • I absolutely adore this plugin.  Idea for future update: Backwards physics.  Set end position and have program calculate how to get the pieces there.  Or perhaps there is a way to do this and I just havent dug deep enough yet :)
    You can simply apply Newton in a precomp and then time reverse the precomp in a parent comp :)
  • where can i download old versions ?
  • If you have previously bought Newton, you can download old version from your dashboard or from the manager app.
    where can i download old versions ?

• Double checking that the .jsx script files in the "Companion_Scripts" folder belong in the "ScriptUI Panels" folder.
  • Hi Geoffrey
    The last version of Newton3 installation manifest will correctly install the Companion Scripts at the root of the ScriptUI Panels.
    Cheers
    Val
    Double checking that the .jsx script files in the "Companion_Scripts" folder belong in the "ScriptUI Panels" folder.

• I bought Newton3 yesterday and the render doesn't work. I setup anything and kick render button. The render bar was run and panels close, but the new comp did't had any key frame. It still doesn't move. I try it on win & mac system both and meet the same problem. My Ae version is 2023.
  • Could you please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/
    I bought Newton3 yesterday and the render doesn't work. I setup anything and kick render button. The render bar was run and panels close, but the new comp did't had any key frame. It still doesn't move. I try it on win & mac system both and meet the same problem. My Ae version is 2023.

• Once you have rendered your sim, you need to open the new comp as Newton will not open it for you. The comp is named with "YourCompName 1" if it does not have a number at the end or it will increment the comp number.

• Hi, I've been using this tool for many years and I think it's brilliant. I would like to create a tutorial video to show what is possible. Can you post the video on aescript in that case?
    Thanks
  • Hi Mike!

Would be glad to promote it! 
    Cheers
    Val
    Hi, I've been using this tool for many years and I think it's brilliant. I would like to create a tutorial video to show what is possible. Can you post the video on aescript in that case?
    Thanks

• I have been thinking in buying this plugin for a while. I am just afraid to buy it and then a new version comes up within a few months of buying it.
    Do you guys have any plans to update to version 4 in the foreseeable future?
    I would very much appreciate a quick answer to decide wether to buy it now that has a significant discount.
    THX
  • If you have not heard about a new version, it means that it does not exist. :)
    I have been thinking in buying this plugin for a while. I am just afraid to buy it and then a new version comes up within a few months of buying it.
    Do you guys have any plans to update to version 4 in the foreseeable future?
    I would very much appreciate a quick answer to decide wether to buy it now that has a significant discount.
    THX

• Hey, I seem to be having such issues using Newton 3 on the new M2 macbook. I have the latest version installed and it continues to crash my file. It is a simple composition that shouldn't cause any issues. 

Any reason why this could be happening? 

Thanks
  • Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1237

Cheers
    Val

Hey, I seem to be having such issues using Newton 3 on the new M2 macbook. I have the latest version installed and it continues to crash my file. It is a simple composition that shouldn't cause any issues. 

Any reason why this could be happening? 

Thanks

• So as of Feb. 2023 Motion Boutique has been 'working very hard' on fixing the issues(many), Newton has on M1 and M2 macs. Any updates cause like... everything crashes it?
  • Please check that FAQ :  https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/newton-crash/
    So as of Feb. 2023 Motion Boutique has been 'working very hard' on fixing the issues(many), Newton has on M1 and M2 macs. Any updates cause like... everything crashes it?

• Just want to back up Adam. First day I'm using Newton and it's crashing constantly with relatively simple scenes (10 elements or less). I've gone through the FAQ and eliminated the Wacom and external monitor with no improvement. It seems to happen most often when there is a sudden overlap between objects and/or when I increase the number of sub-steps in the solver. This is on an M1 Max Macbook with the latest AE, Newton, and OS. Submitted an error report through aescripts with all the details. It's a real bummer because Newton is beautiful when it works!

Update: Wanna give some kudos to MB support who were very quick to respond to my bug report and help me figure out some painless workarounds. In my case, it was having an "AEmatic" body with "Aematic Damping" set to 0.  Changing Aematic Damping to 0.001 eliminated the crashes while allowing the simulation to run as intended.

Please check that FAQ :  https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/newton-crash/
    So as of Feb. 2023 Motion Boutique has been 'working very hard' on fixing the issues(many), Newton has on M1 and M2 macs. Any updates cause like... everything crashes it?

• Trying to use Newton 3 and keep being met by this error every time I try use it.

Crash occurred while invoking plug-in "newton"

Tried everything. Reinstalling plugin, reinstalling after effects.

Nothing seems to be working

Any ideas?
  • Trying to use Newton 3 and keep being met by this error every time I try use it.

Crash occurred while invoking plug-in "newton"

Tried everything. Reinstalling plugin, reinstalling after effects.

Nothing seems to be working

Any ideas?
    Please check the FAQ :  https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/newton-crash/
    If you still need help open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1237
  • Spent 2 and half hours to make a billboard scene with vector letters. When tried to apply Newton 3 it explode just exactly like what it applied physics to the shape. I tried it on Illustrator layer, then converted to shape layer from vector and finally to text. I am a very big fan of AESCRIPTS platform but here they are failed to recognize their vendor with half baked script. Don't know what makes them put such a high price tag on it? I must have waiting till new Newton born again in England and reinvented the law of physics of Apple falling.
  • Let me guess..... you have a layer in the background of your letter and you did not remove it. Am I right?
    If you superimpose layers, Newton will want to push them back. Logic.

Our produce are half baked? Well it's hard to have customers that don't even take time to read the doc or just take a few minutes to watch tutorials or just kindly ask for help and that just post inflammatory public comments.

Spent 2 and half hours to make a billboard scene with vector letters. When tried to apply Newton 3 it explode just exactly like what it applied physics to the shape. I tried it on Illustrator layer, then converted to shape layer from vector and finally to text. I am a very big fan of AESCRIPTS platform but here they are failed to recognize their vendor with half baked script. Don't know what makes them put such a high price tag on it? I must have waiting till new Newton born again in England and reinvented the law of physics of Apple falling.

• Is newton 3 working with the current version of AE (24.2.1) because I can't find the option under compositions.