• seems to only want to install to cc2017....any work around?
  • seems to only want to install to cc2017....any work around?
    please open a support ticket
  • how does one tell what version one has installed?

• how does one tell what version one has installed?

Right click on the effect name in the Effect Controls panel and select About:

• I'm getting a "failed to load, please reinstall these plugins" error when opening AE 2020. Then when I try to apply the plugin I get the error: After Effects Error: Couldn't find main entry point for mettle-flux.aex .  
  • I'm getting a "failed to load, please reinstall these plugins" error when opening AE 2020. Then when I try to apply the plugin I get the error: After Effects Error: Couldn't find main entry point for mettle-flux.aex .  
    please open a support ticket
  • Please try downloading and installing the latest builds from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section in your user account. 

We just fixed some issues. This should do it, if not please open a support ticket
  • Please try downloading and installing the latest builds from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section in your user account. 

We just fixed some issues. This should do it, if not please open a support ticket
    Hi, how can i get latest trial build? Same problem as described above. Want to try it out before buying as it is pretty expensive.

Hi, how can i get latest trial build? Same problem as described above. Want to try it out before buying as it is pretty expensive.
    Click on the green TRY button:  https://aescripts.com/mettle-flux/

That was first thing i've tried, but "failed to load, please reinstall these plugins" error appears.
    Applying flux to solid gives me "Couldn't find main entry point for mettle-flux.aex (48::72)" and "invalid filter (25::3)" errors.
    Windows 10 20H2, AE 2020 17.1.4, Ryzen 5800x / 3900x, GTX 1080 / RTX 2060 SUPER, nvidia studio drivers latest.

That was first thing i've tried, but "failed to load, please reinstall these plugins" error appears.
    Applying flux to solid gives me "Couldn't find main entry point for mettle-flux.aex (48::72)" and "invalid filter (25::3)" errors.
    Windows 10 20H2, AE 2020 17.1.4, Ryzen 5800x / 3900x, GTX 1080 / RTX 2060 SUPER, nvidia studio drivers latest.

• i'm trying to install the TRIAL, but on install i get error message "error opening file for writting: c:program...."
    & when i launch it in AE, the plugin loads but an error message comes up = 'error: can' initialise Mettle OpenCL Manager"
    so can't try the TRY version,,,, not a good start...
  • i'm trying to install the TRIAL, but on install i get error message "error opening file for writting: c:program...."
    & when i launch it in AE, the plugin loads but an error message comes up = 'error: can' initialise Mettle OpenCL Manager"
    Please open a support ticket: hhttps://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1262&direct=1
    also i have Mantra, that seems to work fine, not sure why FLux is not even installing
  • I am gonna give a buyer beware on this one. I have tried to get the latest version to work on both my PC and my newly purchased M1 Macbook pro.
    1 minute 4K 30FPS comp. Load any preset from the dropdown menu. Animate with keyframes on any axis. You can scrub the timeline but the moment you hit spacebar to see it in motion it will hang the whole application . This behavior is now on 2 separate OSs. If you attempt to render it without a preview its a 50/50 on success.  Older versions do work but are not available through official channels. Support gave me a run around. PS: the demo here is still broken as it throws errors and they know it. The saving grace is aescripts excellent refund policy.

PC 1 Specs
    Ryzen 9 3900x
    128 GB Ram
    RTX 3070TI
    1 TB cache drive 

Macbook Pro M1 Pro 14 inch

10 CPU 16 GPU 16 GB Unified Memory running Rosetta After Effects as no Apple Silicon update for the Addon exists.

• I am gonna give a buyer beware on this one. I have tried to get the latest version to work on both my PC and my newly purchased M1 Macbook pro.
    1 minute 4K 30FPS comp. Load any preset from the dropdown menu. Animate with keyframes on any axis. You can scrub the timeline but the moment you hit spacebar to see it in motion it will hang the whole application . This behavior is now on 2 separate OSs. If you attempt to render it without a preview its a 50/50 on success.  Older versions do work but are not available through official channels. Support gave me a run around. PS: the demo here is still broken as it throws errors and they know it. The saving grace is aescripts excellent refund policy.

PC 1 Specs
    Ryzen 9 3900x
    128 GB Ram
    RTX 3070TI
    1 TB cache drive 

10 CPU 16 GPU 16 GB Unified Memory running Rosetta After Effects as no Apple Silicon update for the Addon exists.

Sorry it didnt work out for you but yes, we guarantee your satisfaction, sorry it was a refund and not a working plugin but there's lots of edge cases out there that can't all be solved unfortunately.

• Hello.

Is there any plan to update the mettle suite to the recently released Apple Silicon version of After Effects (22.3)?
    Thank you very much.

PC 1 Specs
    Ryzen 9 3900x
    128 GB Ram
    RTX 3070TI
    1 TB cache drive 

Sorry it didnt work out for you but yes, we guarantee your satisfaction, sorry it was a refund and not a working plugin but there's lots of edge cases out there that can't all be solved unfortunately.

While I can understand "edge case" if it was only one PC. I have now taken the demo / release to 5 separate machines . 4 Windows 10  1 Macbook Pro using Rossetta with clean installs of everything. Not a single one can render previews or a final product. I really like what I saw of this software trying out the 2018 edition enough that I took off my peg leg to support the developer.  Something is very wrong with the way this plugin handles rendering animation since MFR support was added. Hell I would have been happy to get a old version that I knew worked.
  • Joshua, thanks for the kind words about Flux - it really is wonderful. We are working with engineering to try create a non "MFR" (Multi Frame Rendering) build for cases like yours. 

No excuses but I have not had any other reports like yours to date. Nonetheless, we are taking this seriously. 

Thanks for your patience.
    Chris
  • I originally bought Flux about a year ago. After using the AEscripts plugin manager to install the plugin, I always received the error "plugin failed to load" in any version of After Effects. 2020, 2021, 2022.
    The workaround I was given was to go to the Mettle website and download the 1.0 version of the plugin. This version does load and does work.

I just tried again with the latest update for Flux and it's the same issue. The plugin does not load.

Windows 10 -  up to date as possible.
    Creative Cloud - up to date as possible.

There's no way this is only happening to a couple of people.
  • I originally bought Flux about a year ago. After using the AEscripts plugin manager to install the plugin, I always received the error "plugin failed to load" in any version of After Effects. 2020, 2021, 2022.
    The workaround I was given was to go to the Mettle website and download the 1.0 version of the plugin. This version does load and does work.

I just tried again with the latest update for Flux and it's the same issue. The plugin does not load.

It boils down to at this point that any version provided to AE Scripts is broken. You have to go to their hidden download page on their site to get the working file for the most up to date version. This has been a known issue for awhile and they said it was going to be fixed awhile ago. If you go to their website and add /dld it will give you access to the most recent installers that work. 

It boils down to at this point that any version provided to AE Scripts is broken. You have to go to their hidden download page on their site to get the working file for the most up to date version. This has been a known issue for awhile and they said it was going to be fixed awhile ago. If you go to their website and add /dld it will give you access to the most recent installers that work. 
    Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1262&direct=1
  • This does not currently work with AE2023. I opened a ticket here and was directed to open a ticket with Mettle--which was sort of diappointing.

• This does not currently work with AE2023. I opened a ticket here and was directed to open a ticket with Mettle--which was sort of diappointing.

Can confirm not working at all after AE 2023 Update. 
  • Received word from Mettle that new version is now available.   Flux is working now. 
  • Getting error message "Plugin failed to load" on AE 2023 startup. Appears to be the same issue on 2022. Submitted a job ticket
  • This plugin does not work! I asking for help but no answer :/

Be careful
  • Please download again from here and install again Let us know if it works now
  • Installer no longer works with AE 2024. Looks like Adobe changed where plugins are supposed to go and broke alot of them.
  • Yet another paid for, expensive, plugin not working in AE 2024 :(  
  • Installer no longer works with AE 2024. Looks like Adobe changed where plugins are supposed to go and broke alot of them.

YES I AGREE JOSHUA

Just copy the plugin files from your previous version

Just copy the plugin files from your previous version

I would be all for that working but Mettle does not want that to work as their installers put files in like 4 different places that all point to the creative cloud folder which Adobe no longer supports. So until the installer and mettle authinticator which handle your license for all their products are fixed we cannot use it in AE 2024
  • We are working on the new installers. Thanks for your patience!
  • We are working on the new installers. Thanks for your patience!
    Do we have a ETA? Did not think installers were month long updates to repackage.
  • Good Lord!  In October these guys said they were working new installers.   Then crickets.   This developer should be removed from AE Scripts.
    Bout to start taking bets on if AE2025 will drop before they give us a update. I was gonna pick up their other products but not with this level of support. I have patience but 4 months I am willing to bet it's their own DRM stopping the update because the guy who wrote it is likely gone and they cant work with Adobe's new file structure.
  • Good Lord!  In October these guys said they were working new installers.   Then crickets.   This developer should be removed from AE Scripts.
    Bout to start taking bets on if AE2025 will drop before they give us a update. I was gonna pick up their other products but not with this level of support. I have patience but 4 months I am willing to bet it's their own DRM stopping the update because the guy who wrote it is likely gone and they cant work with Adobe's new file structure.
    We agree that it is taking longer than it should and we are in talks with Mettle to try and assist them but they have not allowed us to do so unfortunately. In the meantime, I would recommend you consider Helium as an alternative.
  • Working great here. Thanks to the Mettle team for getting this to us.
  • Hmm... not working for me here.
    Did you just do the normal install Joshua?