• When you copy paste images from clipboard to AE, where does the CopyPasta save the actual image files?
  • When you copy paste images from clipboard to AE, where does the CopyPasta save the actual image files?
    Hey Miika,

Copy Pasta will save that image to your project file directory :)

Cheers,

Danny
  • Does Copy Pasta create a subfolder to place copied assets into or does it just put them in the same folder as the project file?
  • Does Copy Pasta create a subfolder to place copied assets into or does it just put them in the same folder as the project file?
    Hey Michael,

Currently Copy Pasta puts them into the same folder as the project file. In one of the upcoming releases we will implement a feature for users to decide where this destination is and if they would like for images to be placed in a sub folder. 

Thanks for you support!
  • amazing. thanks so much I've been wanting this for so long! and I'm glad I haven't started to work on it already :p :p
  • Even when the idea is so simple, this can become a game changer! In future will this work with Illustrator & videofiles etc? It would be uber cool to see this being able to copy almost anything into AE. For an example being able to copy stuff from Illustrator to AI would make this aaaaawesome! 
    If possible, it would be also great if the UI would fit into even smaller space, maybe it could put the buttons side by side when certain size of the window is reached.

Anycase thanks for the great product!

Miika
  • amazing. thanks so much I've been wanting this for so long! and I'm glad I haven't started to work on it already :p :p

Thanks for the support, Gabriel! We love your tools ;)
  • Even when the idea is so simple, this can become a game changer! In future will this work with Illustrator & videofiles etc? It would be uber cool to see this being able to copy almost anything into AE. For an example being able to copy stuff from Illustrator to AI would make this aaaaawesome! 

If possible, it would be also great if the UI would fit into even smaller space, maybe it could put the buttons side by side when certain size of the window is reached.

Anycase thanks for the great product!

Miika
    Awesome feedback! We will always try and push the limits with what can be imported. However, there is already a tool for copying and pasting from Illustrator to After Effects. I believe it's called Overlord!

We'll see what we can do for the UI!
  • An error occurs when I click the button "PASTA"
    Clippy.GetProjectDirectory()

help me :(
  • Hi Danny,
    seems like the beta option is still active and it can't be launched in trial mode...
    Thanks, Lars.

Hey Ruslan,

Try the new version we just released, this should fix the issue!
  • Hi Danny,

seems like the beta option is still active and it can't be launched in trial mode...
    Thanks, Lars.
    Hey Lars,

Our latest version should fix that :)
  • Amazing !!! Amazing !!! Amazing !!!
    Copying images should have always been like this.
    Never even thought of such a thing. This is going to be a massive time saver.

• An error occurs when I click the button "PASTA"Clippy.GetProjectDirectory()

Hey Ruslan, Try the new version we just released, this should fix the issue!
    Fixed! Many thanks!

Hey Ruslan,

Try the new version we just released, this should fix the issue!

Fixed! Many thanks!

Perfect!
  • Amazing !!! Amazing !!! Amazing !!!
    Copying images should have always been like this.
    Never even thought of such a thing. This is going to be a massive time saver.

YAY!!! So glad that you see the value, thanks for your support :)
  • I'm using this on Windows and the alpha channel is not working either way. So if I copy anything with alpha to or from AE, there is no alpha. 
  • Handy tool!
    Same as Miika unfortunately: The alpha gets lost on Windows both ways.
    Thanks!
  • Handy tool!
    Same as Miika unfortunately: The alpha gets lost on Windows both ways.
    Thanks!
    Shoot! We just realized this issue. We'll work on a solution! 
  • I'm using this on Windows and the alpha channel is not working either way. So if I copy anything with alpha to or from AE, there is no alpha. 
    Sorry about that :((( We are working on a fix now!
  • Unable to install. ZXP installer just sits there saying "installing."
  • Unable to install. ZXP installer just sits there saying "installing."
    Can you try using this ZXP installer? https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/
  • hi, just bought and using copy pasta, and i find some issue that troublesome for me. 1st i just notice the first time using copy pasta, it always opening adobe extendscript. Is there anyway to fix that?. 2nd, the image that paste into AE are stored in AE folder, is there anyway to store it someplace else? thankyou
  • Really hoping for alpha support on Windows! Only then will this tool significantly speed up my workflow; until then it only does 5% of the job for me.
  • Hi there,

Copying from AE works for me, but when I try to copy from Illustrator it says there is no image on the clipboard. I can happily paste the clipboard image into other apps?

OSX / Creative cloud.

thanks
  • Hi there,

Copying from AE works for me, but when I try to copy from Illustrator it says there is no image on the clipboard. I can happily paste the clipboard image into other apps?

OSX / Creative cloud.

thanks
    Are you supporting this product or not? I've paid for something that currently isn't working.
  • Hi there,

OSX / Creative cloud.

thanks
    Are you supporting this product or not? I've paid for something that currently isn't working.
    Hey Joe, just seeing this comment. Usually we respond quickly to all of our customers who have an issue because they open a support ticket. This has been an issue that has been coming up and I would like you to know that we are working on a solution to this Illustrator issue. Thanks for understanding. 
  • Hey Danny,

After effects Projects Save-> New Comp -> Internet Image Copy! -> Pasta Button -> The clipboard dosen't contain an image!
    T.T
    Why????
    What??

• Hey Danny,

After effects Projects Save-> New Comp -> Internet Image Copy! -> Pasta Button -> The clipboard dosen't contain an image!
    T.T
    Why????
    What??

Hey there,
    what type of image file is it? 
    Cheers,
    Danny
  • Hey Danny,
    That's fXXking Google Search Images. Isn't it out of question?
  • Hey Danny,
    That's fXXking Google Search Images. Isn't it out of question?
    Sometimes google images results are vector images and we do not currently support those. 
  • It would've been awesome plugin if the alpha had worked... Maybe on Mac it works, but I'm using windows, you should've warned about it btw... Please, fix it on Windows and you will be my hero! Thanks in advance!
  • It would've been awesome plugin if the alpha had worked... Maybe on Mac it works, but I'm using windows, you should've warned about it btw... Please, fix it on Windows and you will be my hero! Thanks in advance!
    Update coming out soon!
    Update coming out soon!
    Any update on this? I just bought it and was a little sad that I cant use it for this. I assumed since his comment was over a month old it would be added :( I just bought it today. 
  • Are you planning to include gif support?
  • I am testing the trial version and cannot copy from AE (timeline selected).  I would love this to work and buy it, but right now I can only paste into AE. Sending toRender Queue doesn't help.  I'm on Mac OS 10.12.6 using AE 2019.
  • not working here..
    "the clipboard doesn't contain an image"

windows 7
    ae 15.1.2

Update coming out soon!
    Any update on this? I just bought it and was a little sad that I cant use it for this. I assumed since his comment was over a month old it would be added :( I just bought it today. 
    Hey Casey, we are amidst a new version of Copy Pasta with many new features including an overhauled transparency framework. Sorry for the delay!
  • Are you planning to include gif support?
    Hey Sergey,

At this time we are not due to clipboards not being able to handle holding gifs. 
  • I am testing the trial version and cannot copy from AE (timeline selected).  I would love this to work and buy it, but right now I can only paste into AE. Sending toRender Queue doesn't help.  I'm on Mac OS 10.12.6 using AE 2019.
    Hey Scott,
    Would you mind opening a support ticket?
  • not working here..
    "the clipboard doesn't contain an image"

windows 7
    ae 15.1.2

Hey Pablo,
    Would you mind opening a support ticket?

• Great time saver!  And time=money, so.... cheap money!!  :D
  • Great time saver!  And time=money, so.... cheap money!!  :D
    Woohoo!!!
  • Is it possible to specify the folder location where Copy Pasta saves images that are pasted into AE? Right now it puts the images in the same location as my project file, but I would prefer to put them in a different folder.
  • Is it possible to specify the folder location where Copy Pasta saves images that are pasted into AE? Right now it puts the images in the same location as my project file, but I would prefer to put them in a different folder.
    As of right now, Copy Pasta can only save the images where the project file is saved. We are looking to build out a user defined feature in the next update!
  • does not work//
    they said "the clipboard doesn't contain an image"

win7 , AE2018
  • Was working fine on install - now refuses to copy or paste.
  • Is it possible to solo an image in after effects then paste in photoshop with the alpha?

thanks
    Phil
  • how do you get rid of the "fly-out menu" screen and get the buttons back? 

Since I stumbled on the answer, I'll post if for anyone else who steps in this. If you have it in a small panel (like who has extra interface room for a giant panel that only displays 2 buttons??). Again if you have it in a small panel and all you can see is the fly out instruction message (which I don't ever need), undock it and make it much bigger than a 2 button panel ever needs to be, you will see that this message has an "OK" button below (with no scroll bar or indication that the message may be LONGER THAN WHAT YOU SEE), click OK it to restore standard function and rid yourself of this harbinger. Then you can shrink it back to a usable size and re-dock it. Just wow.... thank for helping me with that message but maybe keep it to yourself next time....
  • how do you get rid of the "fly-out menu" screen and get the buttons back? 

Since I stumbled on the answer, I'll post if for anyone else who steps in this. If you have it in a small panel (like who has extra interface room for a giant panel that only displays 2 buttons??). Again if you have it in a small panel and all you can see is the fly out instruction message (which I don't ever need), undock it and make it much bigger than a 2 button panel ever needs to be, you will see that this message has an "OK" button below (with no scroll bar or indication that the message may be LONGER THAN WHAT YOU SEE), click OK it to restore standard function and rid yourself of this harbinger. Then you can shrink it back to a usable size and re-dock it. Just wow.... thank for helping me with that message but maybe keep it to yourself next time....
    Hey Terry,

Glad you found the solution! It can be a hassle, but that fly out menu is standard across all aescripts extensions. Thanks for relaying that to anyone else with issues :)

Cheers,

Danny