• does not work//
    they said "the clipboard doesn't contain an image"

win7 , AE2018
    Hey Hide,

Would you mind opening a support ticket?

Cheers,

Danny
  • Was working fine on install - now refuses to copy or paste.
    Hey Chris,

Sorry for the issues! Would you mind opening a support ticket for us?

Cheers,

Danny
  • Is it possible to solo an image in after effects then paste in photoshop with the alpha?

thanks
    Phil
    Hey Phillip,

Yes that is possible! However, we have been having some issues with the alpha support on Windows and it is not currently working properly. Should have an update out soon to fix! Mac is working perfectly. 

Cheers,

Danny
  • Does this only work on images of pasta?
  • John Wood said:
    Does this only work on images of pasta?
    It actually only works on penne and spaghetti 
  • How do I get transparent PNG from AE to photoshop?
    BTW I am using WIndows, when I tried I get a gray background.. not transparent

• can I have a answer pls?
  • can I have a answer pls?
    Hey Wim,

We are having some troubles with Windows and transparency right now. This will be fixed in the new update, but if you would like a refund in the meantime we can definitely accomodate you. 

Cheers,

Danny
  • Hi.\
    You promised to fix alpha channel issue on Windows almost a year ago.
    There is still no success.

Name the date please!
  • Whats the situation regarding the plugin not working? I've uninstalled / reinstalled multiple times as suggested and tried multiple versions of AE in windows 10 and 7. When I use the Render Queue option something seems to happen but nothing will paste in illustrator or photoshop.  If I untick the "Render Queue" option I can paste something but it's like there's an 80% black over the top. Will there be a update soon or can I claim a refund?
  • Argh.. just purchased this as I have alot of copy and pasting to do into AE.

but.. it doesn't work in AE 2020 on a Mac running latest version of Catalina (v 15.10.2)

The plugin cant seem to get past the security issues with Catalina.

I know this is a common problem with plugins and Catalina, but I have other plugins that the developers have now updated and sorted out.

Are you guys going to update this plugin?

If not can I get my money back? - as at the moment it is useless to me.

Thanks
  • Hi.\
    You promised to fix alpha channel issue on Windows almost a year ago.
    There is still no success.

Name the date please!
    Hey Kirill,

Sorry for the late response! We had some unanticipated bugs come up with Catalina that we had to address first. We are working hard on a Windows solution. End of February it will be done :)

Sorry again,

Danny
  • Whats the situation regarding the plugin not working? I've uninstalled / reinstalled multiple times as suggested and tried multiple versions of AE in windows 10 and 7. When I use the Render Queue option something seems to happen but nothing will paste in illustrator or photoshop.  If I untick the "Render Queue" option I can paste something but it's like there's an 80% black over the top. Will there be a update soon or can I claim a refund?
    Hey James,

Would you mind opening a support ticket so that we can address further?

Cheers,

Danny
  • Argh.. just purchased this as I have alot of copy and pasting to do into AE.

but.. it doesn't work in AE 2020 on a Mac running latest version of Catalina (v 15.10.2)

The plugin cant seem to get past the security issues with Catalina.

I know this is a common problem with plugins and Catalina, but I have other plugins that the developers have now updated and sorted out.

Are you guys going to update this plugin?

If not can I get my money back? - as at the moment it is useless to me.

Thanks
    Hey Eugene,

We have the tool working on Catalina for many users. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues. Would you mind opening a support ticket so that we can further diagnose?

Cheers,

Danny
  • An error occurs when I click the button "PASTA"Clippy.GetProjectDirectory()

help me :(
    Hey Ruslan, Try the new version we just released, this should fix the issue!
    Fixed! Many thanks!
    Perfect!
    can I have a answer pls?
    Hey Wim,

We are having some troubles with Windows and transparency right now. This will be fixed in the new update, but if you would like a refund in the meantime we can definitely accomodate you. 

Cheers,

Danny

• Transparency on Windows broken?
  • I am experiencing transparency issues on windows as well 4/1/2020
  • I am experiencing transparency issues withe PNG images.
  • Hey there! Tentative purchaser here :D any chance all these Windows10 transparency (and other?) issues are cleaned up yet?
  • Just bought the plugin to find out that transparency is not working. Unfortunatelly no use for me then :/
  • I am experiencing transparency issues withe PNG images.
  • I'm forever in love with this plugin.
  • Hi mate, great plugin! sure there is a transparency issue on windows but such a time saver! 
  • Any updates on solving the transparency issue with PNG on windows?  That's kind of the whole reason I purchased this plugin. =)
  • when I try to paste a jpeg it pastes as a icon of jpeg. the pasted file is created but shows as an icon rather than the actual image....version 1.04 ..Mac latest Catalina version please help
  • Mine just seems to be stuck at installing?
  • Drew Kirk said:
    Mine just seems to be stuck at installing?

For anyone that needs technical support, you need to open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • would be great to have.2 independant script so i can map them to keyboard shortcuts
  • "As of right now, Copy Pasta can only save the images where the project file is saved. We are looking to build out a user defined feature in the next update!"
    Hey there, with regards to your response to a previous message in 2019, has the above been achieved yet?
  • Hey everyone,

We are extremely sorry that it has taken so long to fix the transparency issue on windows! I am happy to write that today we pushed out an update to fix this! 

In addition to the transparency fix we have also added a new feature. In version 1.0.6 you will now be able to store pasted images inside of a subfolder within the project file directory :)

- Danny
  • toma ever said:
    would be great to have.2 independant script so i can map them to keyboard shortcuts
    Great idea, we will look more into this :)

- Danny
  • Best $10 ever spent!  Thank you for adding ALPHA!!!! Game changer. 
  • Best $10 ever spent!  Thank you for adding ALPHA!!!! Game changer. 
    Thanks much!
  • Hello. I am very anxious to use this today.  Upon installation, it says i do not have a compatible version of after effects. I am currently running AE CC 21. Do you have a legacy install that I can add to myscripts folder oor something (not sure if that's how it works). Otherwise, how do I install?
  • Thanks for including the path to save pasted images. Currently it creates a folder directly from the ae file - is it possible to tell it to go up to the parent directory, then create the folders there? For instance I tried '.../images/copypasta' but this just created a folder called '...'. Thanks.
  • Hello. I am very anxious to use this today.  Upon installation, it says i do not have a compatible version of after effects. I am currently running AE CC 21. Do you have a legacy install that I can add to myscripts folder oor something (not sure if that's how it works). Otherwise, how do I install?
    Hey Jose,

Sorry for the issues! Please try installing again with the latesst zxp installer :)

- Danny
  • Thanks for including the path to save pasted images. Currently it creates a folder directly from the ae file - is it possible to tell it to go up to the parent directory, then create the folders there? For instance I tried '.../images/copypasta' but this just created a folder called '...'. Thanks.
    Hey Richard,

I am sorry to say that we currently don't offer this ability. Let us look into it and  see what we can do for the next update :) Great idea!

- Danny

• I would kill for this in Premiere. I know plugins are completely different in PPro but is there any chance something similar could work?
  • Stop working with the lastest update : AE 17.6, Is theyre a fix or a update coming soon?
  • I would kill for this in Premiere. I know plugins are completely different in PPro but is there any chance something similar could work?
    Hey Martin, we are looking into this!
  • Stop working with the lastest update : AE 17.6, Is theyre a fix or a update coming soon?
    Hey Gabriel, sorry to hear that you are having issues! Would you mind opening a support ticket so that we many further investigate what is going on?

- Danny
  • any chance for KBAR scrlptlet please? 
  • I bought it because of " transparency supported with both pasting and copying".
    But transparent areas in an image become gray color when pasting in Photoshop.
    I use AE2020 ver.17.1.3.

• I bought it because of " transparency supported with both pasting and copying".
    But transparent areas in an image become gray color when pasting in Photoshop.
    I use AE2020 ver.17.1.3.

I believe this is actually a photoshop issue
  • Hi, where do theAE- rendered images go when using the renderqueue?
    Plus, when trying to copy a second image from the same timeline I get an "oh dear, an error" when the Renderqueue is activated.
    When deactivated, I dont. But even then I only sometimes can paste that newly copied image. usually I get the previous one... So... kinda big fail..
    Using Windows and latets AE 2020.
  • PNGs are not pasting with transparency, and now I'm getting this error message when attempting to use:

TypeError [ ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE } : The "path" argument must be a type of string.
  • I really need the curves copied from AI to be transparent in the background when pasted in AE, and they keep getting a white background. Is there any way to fix this?
  • Hi, I purchased the script yesterday and is not working at all. I get this message when I try to copy the screen from Ae.
    Unable to execute script at line 74. Function values foe each is undefined.
    Can you help me fix it or should I ask for a refund?
  • toma ever said:
    would be great to have.2 independant script so i can map them to keyboard shortcuts
    Great idea, we will look more into this :)

- Danny
    Just wanted to say - I'd also find this v helpful
  • any chance for KBAR scrlptlet please? 
    I also really want this