Digit Fiddler
  • I keep getting clipping at the top and bottom of my numbers when I try to resize them. It normally happens when I use mono spacing and increase the size. To explain it better 0's will be slightly flat at the top and bottom of the numbers when I'm using monospacing. Am I setting something up wrong?
    Hi Ryan

From what I can tell, you're doing everything right. Could you please let me know which font you're using so I can investigate for you? Also, could you please send me an email at [email protected] so we can communicate through there?
  • Hello! Can I collect the project for someone that doesn't have the plugin? Thank you!
  • I wouldn't say this plugin gives me something I can't already do... but oh my goodness, it saves SO MUCH TIME! I love it. One recommendation, please add the ability to add custom text before and after. Not a huge need, but would be nice. I was able to do it on my own by hard coding it on the last line of the source text expression. 
  • Hello! Can I collect the project for someone that doesn't have the plugin? Thank you!
    Hi Ricardo

I haven't tested this, but I believe you can, however they won't be able to modify the expression. As such they would have limited functionality.
  • I wouldn't say this plugin gives me something I can't already do... but oh my goodness, it saves SO MUCH TIME! I love it. One recommendation, please add the ability to add custom text before and after. Not a huge need, but would be nice. I was able to do it on my own by hard coding it on the last line of the source text expression. 
    Hi Jeremy

Thanks for your kind comments. It's possible to add any custom text before and after the number just by typing it into the text layer. Then the "Custom Text Placement" parameter allows you to choose left or right placement. Or do I misunderstand you?
  • I love it! One suggestion: when working in time, having the ability to substitute fps for milliseconds would be nice
  • Question: Can it do Indian number system? example 12,34,56,789.00
  • Question: Can it do Indian number system? example 12,34,56,789.00
    Hi Avinash

I just did a quick google of the Indian number system and I believe the separators won't be correct in digit fiddler. I'll have to keep this in mind for a future update as I didn't know that Indian numbers were slightly different until you mentioned it.
  • I love it! One suggestion: when working in time, having the ability to substitute fps for milliseconds would be nice
    Hi William

Thanks for the suggestion. Is this so it could be used as a timecode?
  • Hi, Question.
    I installed the Diggit Fiddler, but can not see it in my AE 2021.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
  • Hi, Question.
    I installed the Diggit Fiddler, but can not see it in my AE 2021.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Hi Robert

DF is compatible with AE2021 so if it's not showing in your effects and presets menu, I'd suggest uninstalling/re-installing with the aescripts manager app to make sure it's all good. If you still have trouble please submit a support ticket so I can find a resolution ASAP. 
  • Is there a way to have the time start at something like 9:05, but still automatically have it tick up one number every second? 
    Totally lost trying to figure it out!
  • Avi Jacob said:
    Is there a way to have the time start at something like 9:05, but still automatically have it tick up one number every second? 
    Totally lost trying to figure it out!
    Hi Avi

When time mode is selected, the plugin has a very simple expression added to it so that it counts up every second. You can modify it from "time" to "time+x" (where x = how many seconds you want it to start at) and that should work. Let me know how you go.
  • This is a REALLY frustrating plug in. I like the idea for it, but I've spent WAY more time trying to get it to work right with different fonts than if I'd just made dumb little comps with number revealing and stacked them.

Only some of the fonts I'm trying to use the monospacer function actually works correctly. The : in times is all over the place, and the mono spacing doesn't work right at all on some fonts. I thought this was supposed to fix those problems.

I've wasted hours and am behind deadline because of this plug in. I would like a refund please.
    Hi Thomas

Please submit a support ticket and I will sort out the refund there. For others reference, monospacing issues such as colon or % can be fixed using the threshold sliders:

• Hello, is it possible to put a text before AND after the number ?
    Like "+38%" ?
    I search something like this because everytime i have text before and after but i think with yours it's only possible to put one text before OR after, isnt'it ?
    Thanks in advance for your answer
  • Hello, is it possible to put a text before AND after the number ?
    Like "+38%" ?
    I search something like this because everytime i have text before and after but i think with yours it's only possible to put one text before OR after, isnt'it ?
    Thanks in advance for your answer
    Hi Anakin

Unfortunately this isn't possible, custom text can only be placed on the left or right. For the other side it would have to be on a separate text layer. 
  • Hey, I just got the plugin, but something is odd. When I change it to time, it automatically has the expression for "time". When I delete the expression "time" , I can move it manually but it jumps only in ten steps ( 10,20,30,.I guess the milliseconds..). Where can I change that behaviour? I just want to set two keyframes, one for the start time and the second for the end time. Basically he doesn't count the seconds only the milliseconds.
    I want to create a chronometer, where the end number is 00:24:71. 

Thanks
  • Hey, I just got the plugin, but something is odd. When I change it to time, it automatically has the expression for "time". When I delete the expression "time" , I can move it manually but it jumps only in ten steps ( 10,20,30,.I guess the milliseconds..). Where can I change that behaviour? I just want to set two keyframes, one for the start time and the second for the end time. Basically he doesn't count the seconds only the milliseconds.
    I want to create a chronometer, where the end number is 00:24:71. 

Thanks
    Hi Benjamin

If you drag the "Time" slider, indeed it will move in tens. However you can set a keyframe and set the exact time (00:24:71). Also ensure that your composition framerate is high enough to display the millisecond precision when animating. Let me know if you have any issues.
  • I must be missing something obvious,  When I enable monospace, I can't get rid of the color boxes around the numbers. Help?
  • I must be missing something obvious,  When I enable monospace, I can't get rid of the color boxes around the numbers. Help?
    Hi Scott

You can turn off the "Enable Separation Guide" for this to happen. Let me know how you go.
  • Hi James, just a slight issue I'm running into. When I use Digit Fiddler to count up from 0 to a large number like 6,000,000, the last 3 digits never animate.
    Is there any way around this? Some setting to tweak that I might be overlooking? I'd like for all the digits of the animated counter to count up, not just the two digits on the left. With Digit Fiddler, right now my counter animates like this: ...900,000 > 1,000,000 > 1,100,000 > 1,200,000

Thank you in advance for any help / suggestions,
  • Hi James, just a slight issue I'm running into. When I use Digit Fiddler to count up from 0 to a large number like 6,000,000, the last 3 digits never animate.
    Is there any way around this? Some setting to tweak that I might be overlooking? I'd like for all the digits of the animated counter to count up, not just the two digits on the left. With Digit Fiddler, right now my counter animates like this: ...900,000 > 1,000,000 > 1,100,000 > 1,200,000

Thank you in advance for any help / suggestions,
    Hi Nick

This can happen if the duration of a linear animation is perfectly divisible by the difference in the numbers. Similarly to your example if I animate from 0 to 6 million in 30 frames, the animation will increment by 200k each frame, thus never engaging any of the other digits. You can get around this by making the animation last 31 frames, thus incrementing by 193,548 each frame. Does that work for you? Alternatively you can add keyframe easing curves and then it won't be able to count linearly in 200k amounts. 
  • Hello,

I have the latest version in the latest After Effects. Although I have the plugin registered and Ae recognizes the regirstration, almost all of the variables in the plug are greyed out. This is quite frustrating.

Do you know a fix for this?

- Alex
  • Hello,

I have the latest version in the latest After Effects. Although I have the plugin registered and Ae recognizes the regirstration, almost all of the variables in the plug are greyed out. This is quite frustrating.

- Alex
    Hi Alex

Apologies for this inconvenience that is occurring. Have you registered the plugin by entering the serial key or are you registering it via the aescripts manager? If the former, we recommend using the manager app to handle the registration. If you'd like more info or you already are using the manager app please submit a ticket so we can look further into it. 
  • Hello,

- Alex
    Link to the manager app
  • Thank you for this info, James! This fixed my problem and also made updating all my other scripts way easier. Much appreciated.

- Alex
  • Hi will we have an update for AE2024 soon? :)
  • When i apply Digit Fiddler and enable monospacing to a text layer which is parented to a null with animation on it's position, the text moves it's position to the side of the screen. It looks like it takes the parented position but ignores the actual parent.

Also when i apply a track matte to a text lay wwhich allready has a mask on it, it moves the text.
    Has this been fixed or looked at? It just snaps to a different tracking at the very end of the counter when I have the text parented to a null. Thank you!
    Hi Scott

You can turn off the "Enable Separation Guide" for this to happen. Let me know how you go.
    Same problem. Where i can find "Enable Separation Guide"
    Hi Scott

Same problem. Where i can find "Enable Separation Guide"
    Solved!
  • When i apply Digit Fiddler and enable monospacing to a text layer which is parented to a null with animation on it's position, the text moves it's position to the side of the screen. It looks like it takes the parented position but ignores the actual parent.

Also when i apply a track matte to a text lay wwhich allready has a mask on it, it moves the text.
    Has this been fixed or looked at? It just snaps to a different tracking at the very end of the counter when I have the text parented to a null. Thank you!
    Hi Scott

Yes if I understand you correctly this has been fixed, monospacing will work with parented transforms (except rotation). Please let me know in a ticket if you're having issues
  • Zac How said:
    Hi will we have an update for AE2024 soon? :)
    Hi Zac

Yes it's fully compatible with Ae 2024 :)