• Hi there,

The scale and rotation modifers don't seem to be working for me for some reason. Position modifier works just fine but when values are changed in scale/rotation there is no change.
    Any suggestions? Have a missed something?

Thanks
  • Hey Cordelia,

Did you enter you license when you opened the script? It sounds like you're still running the trial mode which is limited to delay, x & y position. 

What version of AE are you using?

Best wishes,

Matt
  • Hi Matt,

Ah, yes I suspected it might have been a licensing thing but couldn't see anywhere what the restrictions were.
    I applied the script in trial mode, then purchased it and applied the license, but the rotation/scale modifiers are still not working. Have tried a restart of AE also. Using AE2020.
    I'm thinking I might need to reapply the script from scratch.

Thanks,

• Hi Cordelia,

Can you copy the expression you have on the rotation, scale and opacity values. If you hit the ? icon at the top it should say whether you have an active license. Does yours look like mine?
    Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 08.36.49.png
    1660 x 1382 - 495K
  • Hi Matt
    Is it possible to clone layers and precomps, or is it only for shapes?
    Thanks
  • Hi Luis,

Easy Clones is a cloning system built for 2D artwork, including Bitmap Layers, Vector Layers, Shape Layers and Precomps.

There are 5 demo videos I'd recommend watching to find out more about the tool:

Cheers,

Matt
  • Hi Cordelia,

Can you copy the expression you have on the rotation, scale and opacity values. If you hit the ? icon at the top it should say whether you have an active license. Does yours look like mine?
    Yep: "/*this is a trial version, purchase a license to unlock this feature.*/
    thisComp.layer("Leaves Clone Controls").transform.rotation"

But the full version is definitely active - as per your screenshot.

I reapplied the script and it's working fine now - just a heads up that the trial version didn't unlock properly for me on an already built animation with the script applied.

Script is awesome by the way, thanks!
  • Ahh yeah I should mention that it won't update the expressions automatically, you'll either have to add more clones or create a new system from scratch. The trial mode is suppose to be a teaser I didn't anticipate people continuing directly from a trail version. Glad you've got it up and running now though!
  • Hi , If i purchase this plugin , and install in 1 computer to use , if I spot using that specific computer can I uninstall and re-install into a new computer ?
  • Hi Misha,

Yeah you can uninstall the script whenever you like using the ? button on the interface which will pop up a window and in the top right corner you can select Deactivate License.

I believe you can have the script installed on two machines but I'm not completely sure about aescripts policies for more. 

Matt
  • I'm trying to follow the tutorials, however the script does not work as it does in your tutorial. For example, scaling the circles... instead of scaling with delay they all scale at the same time. I'm getting crazy to figure this out.
  • Hi Dani,

Before I can help you I need to know more information.

What are you keyframing to control the scale? can you share a screenshot?

Matt
  • Also have you purchased a licence or are you in trial mode? The trial mode has limited features which might be causing your issues.