• There are some UI issues with Immigration in the new After Effects CC 2014 (the sequence information is all greyed out). Is there a fix for this?

Just tested it here with
    CC2014.1.1 and it's working fine. You might want to update your AE and reset your prefs. If you are still having trouble please open a support ticket with as many details as possible including screenshots so we are best able to help you.
  • Hi Llyod,

Just tried this for the first time and it's great! Makes setting proxies for multiple items at once possible, which is worth it for the asking price alone.

Have you considered extending the functionality to still image assets as well? 

For instance, I have a bunch of hi-res TIFF images that are NOT part of a sequence, but instead make up a panorama for a VFX shot. When working on other aspects of the comp it's nice to use JPEG proxies to shorten my ram preview times. But to set the proxies for these images I still have to go one by one, since Immigration only recognizes 'footage' (meaning image sequences or movie files).

Adding that functionality would make this amazing for me!
    Cheers,
    Danny

• Have you considered extending the functionality to still image assets as well? 
    We are about to release a new product designed specifically to work with proxies which will do that and alot more, you will be very pleased i'm sure. Will be released very soon :)
  • Be aware that the soft has some problems on ADOBE CC. The files backround is almost invisible
  • Be aware that the soft has some problems on ADOBE CC. The files backround is almost invisible
    Please open a support ticket and we can get you a beta version that fixes this issue.
  • Hi Lloyd,

There are some UI issues with Immigration in the new After Effects CC 2014 (the sequence information is all greyed out). Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Willem
    Would like to see this changed also (Adobe CC 2014 on windows7 gui). Thanx
  • Hi Lloyd,

There are some UI issues with Immigration in the new After Effects CC 2014 (the sequence information is all greyed out). Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Willem
    Would like to see this changed also (Adobe CC 2014 on windows7 gui). Thanx
    As I mentioned in the previous comment, please open a support ticket so we can get you a beta version that works in CC2014

• Hallo,

Great plugin; but since AE CC it is very hard to read... 
    is it possible to make the text appear in white?

Thanks, Andreas
  • Hallo,

Great plugin; but since AE CC it is very hard to read... 
    is it possible to make the text appear in white?

Thanks, Andreas
    Please open a support ticket and we can help you out.
  • Lloyd! When can you update this script! Need to fix the UI grey background. Its really hard to read and one of my most favorite scripts!
  • Lloyd! When can you update this script! Need to fix the UI grey background. Its really hard to read and one of my most favorite scripts!
    As I mentioned in previous comments, please open a support ticket so we can get you a beta version that works in CC2014
  • Hi,

I met an issue when I use AE CC 2014.2, the script UI show no button for import, also the layout where file is listing also very dark. please see attachment for better understanding 
    Also, the recent location drop down cut half of the content in showing 

Please help to have feedback,

Best and regards,
  • Hi,

I met an issue when I use AE CC 2014.2, the script UI show no button for import, also the layout where file is listing also very dark. please see attachment for better understanding Also, the recent location drop down cut half of the content in showing 
    Regarding the cutoff button, there is a bug with the current version of after effects and win 8.1 with high dpi displays. The fix is to either run a previous version of AE or not view it on a hi dpi display.  Adobe should hopefully fix this issue in the next release of AE.  For the dark UI issue please open a support ticket and we will get you a beta version that fixes that issue.
  • I use that script mainly to import multiple renders from a 3D software.

Sometimes (very often actually) il does'nt seem to recognise image sequences so it breaks them in a few different shots...
  • I use that script mainly to import multiple renders from a 3D software.

Sometimes (very often actually) il does'nt seem to recognise image sequences so it breaks them in a few different shots...
    Please open a support ticket and provide screenshots showing the image sequences (both raw and in immigration) so we can see what you mean. Http://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi, I'm trying the trial of Immigration yet notice that I can't import my layered .psd multipass and choose as composition. It's stuck in 'footage' for 'import kind'. Any way this can be solved?

Thanks,

Dean
  • Hi, I'm trying the trial of Immigration yet notice that I can't import my layered .psd multipass and choose as composition. It's stuck in 'footage' for 'import kind'. Any way this can be solved?

Thanks,

Dean

It does not support importing as composition, immigration is designed to work with normal image sequences, not sure you need it to just import a single file.
  • Hey is there any way in a future release we could see the Windows file browser change to the default (the one that allows short cuts) The one that immigration loads has really annoying drop downs that take forever to get to the folder where my image sequence lives.

As opposed to this one: http://i.imgur.com/cOZqGj1.jpg

Thanks, love Immigration, couldn't imagine working without it.

• Hey is there any way in a future release we could see the Windows file browser change to the default (the one that allows short cuts) The one that immigration loads has really annoying drop downs that take forever to get to the folder where my image sequence lives.

As opposed to this one: http://i.imgur.com/cOZqGj1.jpg

Thanks, love Immigration, couldn't imagine working without it.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the After Effects scripting api which we cannot control. But please open a support ticket so we can get you a beta version that allows you to copy and paste the path of your folder so you don't need to navigate to it.
  •  Multiple sequence files
    "Interpret Footage" 
     "Ignore Alpha" option ???

•  Multiple sequence files
    "Interpret Footage" 
     "Ignore Alpha" option ???

Set your import prefs in the AE prefs and Immigration should use them. You can also batch change the interpret footage options after import, please see this for details: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/importing-interpreting-footage-items.html
  • Will this plugin work with CC2015?
  • Will this plugin work with CC2015?
    Please open a support ticket to request a beta version that is CC2015 compatible.
  • How can I stop it from cycling through all of my existing footage(opening every folder) on import!? My project window scrolls all the way to the bottom, opening every sub folder, every time I click for 'import'. Not a problem on small jobs, but seriously annoying on large jobs. Seems completely unnecessary as well. 
  • How can I stop it from cycling through all of my existing footage(opening every folder) on import!? My project window scrolls all the way to the bottom, opening every sub folder, every time I click for 'import'. Not a problem on small jobs, but seriously annoying on large jobs. Seems completely unnecessary as well. 
    Please open a support ticket to request a beta version that fixes this issue.
  • Hey, will this be compatible with cc 2015? Or is there any similar plugin u developed for importing multiple sequences simultaneously? thanks
  • Hey, will this be compatible with cc 2015? Or is there any similar plugin u developed for importing multiple sequences simultaneously? thanks
    Please open a support ticket to request a beta version that is compatible with CC2015
  • Hi Lloyd, 
    I am Immgration addict since i got it and i can't work without it !!!!

My problem and i think other PC users has this issue since CC.
    If main UI is set to dark (default)  immigration uses black text colour and it is not readable.
    In your demo video (on OSX)  it is readable due to white background . This white background on your script when run on PC is not available. 

Therefore i have 2 options to overcome this. 

a) every time i use it have to go to prefs and change UI to light and then revert
    b) change monitor setup 

So, PLZ make us happy with a tiny button on your GUI to address this issue.

Thanks. !!!

BTW. immigration at least on PC is running on CC 2015 13.7 without any problems.
  • Hi Lloyd, 

I am Immgration addict since i got it and i can't work without it !!!!

My problem and i think other PC users has this issue since CC.
    If main UI is set to dark (default)  immigration uses black text colour and it is not readable.
    In your demo video (on OSX)  it is readable due to white background . This white background on your script when run on PC is not available. 

Therefore i have 2 options to overcome this. 

a) every time i use it have to go to prefs and change UI to light and then revert
    b) change monitor setup 

So, PLZ make us happy with a tiny button on your GUI to address this issue.

Thanks. !!!

BTW. immigration at least on PC is running on CC 2015 13.7 without any problems.
    Please open a support ticket to request a beta version that fixes this issue.
  • Hello,

Is there a limit to the number of images you can import as an image sequence. I have a time-lapse of 65000 images and when I scan it gets about 95% of the way through then pauses.

I've left it for about an hour and still nothing. I'm not sure if it is still processing or whether it has crashed. I've tried with 45000 images and the same thing happens.

I assume I'm going to have to divide my images into multiple folders and do one at a time, but it would save me a lot of time to know how many it can handle.

Thanks!

• Hello,

Is there a limit to the number of images you can import as an image sequence. I have a time-lapse of 65000 images and when I scan it gets about 95% of the way through then pauses.

I've left it for about an hour and still nothing. I'm not sure if it is still processing or whether it has crashed. I've tried with 45000 images and the same thing happens.

I assume I'm going to have to divide my images into multiple folders and do one at a time, but it would save me a lot of time to know how many it can handle.

Thanks!

You are either hitting some AE or memory limitation or it's also possible that you have a corrupt frame that hangs the import.
  • Hello,

Thanks!

You are either hitting some AE or memory limitation or it's also possible that you have a corrupt frame that hangs the import.
    Ok thanks, I seem to have got them all scanned at 13000, but now the import process has been going for about 30 mins. Hopefully it will get there!
  • Hello, is the licence fixed or floating? Can i have it on 2 computers without using em simultaneously? thanks
  • Hello, is the licence fixed or floating? Can i have it on 2 computers without using em simultaneously? thanks

The license allows for the software to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses.
  • Hi there!

I just updated to AE 2017, the script is not working properly. After scanning a folder it shows nothing listed...
    Is an update in the works?

Thank you
  • Hi there!

I just updated to AE 2017, the script is not working properly. After scanning a folder it shows nothing listed...
    Is an update in the works?

Thank you
    It works just fine in CC2017. Please open a support ticket and provide more details including uploading screenshots so we can help you further
  • Any way to fix this black text on dark BG problem in CC2017? 

Yes, download the latest version, it includes a beta that fixes this issue.

Yes, download the latest version, it includes a beta that fixes this issue.
    That's great! Thank you! Would it be possible to have it ignore .aec files?  (side note: this site's comments section cuts off emoji and any characters after it!)
  • Just downloaded an installed Immigration. Now im getting this error often whenever I open existing projects... Any help?

Running the latest version of AE. When I remove the immigration script from the folder the error goes away.
    Capture.PNG
    443 x 122 - 4K
  • Sounds like something else is opening a modal dialog that is preventing Immigration from running. I am sure this affects any script and not just Immigration.
  • The text in the window is black and very difficult to see when you use the dark mode UI settings in After effects.  I think you need to make an option for white text.
  • The text in the window is black and very difficult to see when you use the dark mode UI settings in After effects.  I think you need to make an option for white text.
    There is a beta version in the latest download that corrects this for recent AE versions.
  • Why is it sometimes Immigration opens folders and switches to replace mode. When I switch back to import mode it opens ever single folder in my project window. On big projects this can be overwhelming to close them all. Thanks!
  • Why is it sometimes Immigration opens folders and switches to replace mode. When I switch back to import mode it opens ever single folder in my project window. On big projects this can be overwhelming to close them all. Thanks!

Please upgrade to the latest version.
  • I own this script and I love it when working with image sequences, but very often, I also need to import many .psds at a time and it would be nice to have the option to either import them all as Compositions, Compositions - Retain Layer Sizes or as Footage.  Does this option exist, or am I missing something?  It seems like for the price, this functionality should be included.  Thanks.
  • Great script, saved me alot of time.

Question, I can't seem to find the option to filter by date seen in videotutorial. Downloaded the latest release (using beta).
    CC2017 Windows10x64

Then a feature request, it would be neat to be able to add/define some favourite folders besides the history ones!

Cheers
  • Great script, saved me alot of time.

Question, I can't seem to find the option to filter by date seen in videotutorial. Downloaded the latest release (using beta).
    CC2017 Windows10x64

You have to click on the ? icon to set it. 

If you dont see it please make sure you are running the latest version of Immigration. If you still need assistance please open a support ticket and send a screenshot so we can help you further
  • Is this compatible with CC2019?
  • Is this compatible with CC2019?
    We don't have any reported issues with CC2019. If you need assistance please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=191&direct=1