• Any chance we can get/add mp4 files supported? 
  • Any chance we can get/add mp4 files supported? 

They are supported, if you are having an issue please open a support ticket and include screenshots https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=191&direct=1
  • I'm trying to use immigration to replace a bunch of TIFF files with jpgs. They were imported as single files, not sequences (i like to manually sequence the images myself). They have the same naming convention but just a different extension name. When i try to replace the files...it automatically groups the jpgs as an image sequence. This doesn't allow me to have the same number of matching files, so i can't replace my images.Can immigration be used for this. Is there something i'm doing wrong? I watched the tutorial and read the help files.
  • I'm trying to use immigration to replace a bunch of TIFF files with jpgs. They were imported as single files, not sequences (i like to manually sequence the images myself). They have the same naming convention but just a different extension name. When i try to replace the files...it automatically groups the jpgs as an image sequence. This doesn't allow me to have the same number of matching files, so i can't replace my images.Can immigration be used for this. Is there something i'm doing wrong? I watched the tutorial and read the help files.
    no, the main purpose of Immigration is to group image sequences together.
  • Suggestion : with the new feature for EXR import in after effects, Immigration should also be able to create composition the same way AE 2020 does with EXR.
  • Can you add an option to switch between windows explorer types?

• Can you add an option to switch between windows explorer types?

Unfortunately that is a limitation of the After Effects scripting api but that is why we added the Path Button in v1.5 so you can browse in the finder and then paste the path of the directory you want to browse.
  • Great plugin, but can you please change the UI on the import screen? Once you select to import files, there is no contrast against the background...

• Great plugin, but can you please change the UI on the import screen? Once you select to import files, there is no contrast against the background...

Upgrade to the latest version
  • Can Immigration automatically synchronise project folders within AE with Finder folders? I have artists updating folders with new files that need to flow into my AE projects. If that could be automated, it would save a ton of time. Is this something that already exists? Thanks for any help!
  • Can Immigration automatically synchronise project folders within AE with Finder folders? I have artists updating folders with new files that need to flow into my AE projects. If that could be automated, it would save a ton of time. Is this something that already exists? Thanks for any help!

Checkout Pro IO for this functionality https://aescripts.com/pro-io
  • Thanks so much! D
  • Hi Lloyd, I have a feature request for the Replace mode. Would it be possible to scan 1 folder, get all the current sequences, then select all the missing sequences in AE and let Immigration auto match and replace ONLY the missing that have a perfect match even if the user selects eg. 10 sequences while Immigration detects 20 after scanning the main folder?

Kinda like what already happens with the current replace where you can view the preview matches but restrict the replacements only if they are green and also if the user hasn't selected the same number of items in Immigration and the project panel.

I would also be nice to automatically ignore folder selection and other items in the project panel that are not needed

Thanks!
  • Can we expect floating license support in the future? Node locked is a real drag.
  • Great addition to AE and image sequence workflow. One thing I was missing when testing it was sort by date created. There is filter by date, which kind of works, but it can annoying to find the sequences between sequences quickly when sorted alphabetically. 

Other "issue" I constantly stumbled on was the need to first select the folder where to import and then select the sequences I want from the Immigration window. Would be much easier other way around, because when I forget to choose the right folder where I want to import and I have picked out all the sequences I want to import (10+ sometimes) then I have to start over, choose the folder where to import and pick all the sequences again (other way around I would need to re-pick only, when missed the correct order, one item, because there is always only one place where to import import instead of 10+). For me it seems like by default brain works the way that first you think about what to grab and then comes where to put it. 

I see that the current features works well with your workflow where you render your items in folders with date names, but would be cool when different workflows are "supported". 

Thank you!
  • Great addition to AE and image sequence workflow. One thing I was missing when testing it was sort by date created. There is filter by date, which kind of works, but it can annoying to find the sequences between sequences quickly when sorted alphabetically. 

Other "issue" I constantly stumbled on was the need to first select the folder where to import and then select the sequences I want from the Immigration window. Would be much easier other way around, because when I forget to choose the right folder where I want to import and I have picked out all the sequences I want to import (10+ sometimes) then I have to start over, choose the folder where to import and pick all the sequences again (other way around I would need to re-pick only, when missed the correct order, one item, because there is always only one place where to import import instead of 10+). For me it seems like by default brain works the way that first you think about what to grab and then comes where to put it. 

I see that the current features works well with your workflow where you render your items in folders with date names, but would be cool when different workflows are "supported". 

Thank you!
    Not sure i understand what you are asking for but just want make sure you are aware of the folder recursion feature where you simply need to select the root folder and immigration will find all the sequences in all nested folders. You can even add a recursion limit in the preferences.

• In short, I would like to sort my sequences in Immigration window by date, so the most recent renders would be always on top for easy import, currently they are sorted alphabetically and I can't change it. 

I was talking about selecting order for import after the Immigration has found all the sequences from the selected root folder. I took another look and I see that it actually imports the selected sequences fine, when I first select them in Immigration window and then I select the folder in Project panel, it just gives me a warning about importing my files into a selected folder by doing so. First time I did read the warning, but only up to the part what says "You should always make your selection first in the project panel first, then immigration", after that I hit no, without realizing that I can hit yes, to go on with the process. Currently I'm unable to reason the warning, but I guess there is a situation, where it could be helpful for some workflows.

• Hi, i think i have a tiny bug. Don't know if someone else is experiencing this or if i am getting something wrong?
    My renderfolder contains the main rendering-pngs on the first level and all passes within a subfolder.
    When i replace all the contents of the renderfolder with immigration(v1.5), it replaces all files successfully but doesn't rename only the main rendering-pngs.
    So i end up with the strange situation of having a false source file name in AE. 
    cheers to Lloyd!

*** more strangely: this doesn't happen everytime! But i totally don't see a pattern... ****
  • Hi Lloyd, I am struggling to get immigration to relink render image sequences that have missing frames. For example we render at 25fps and do test renders 1 every 25th frame. so the image sequence goes as follows: _00000 _00025 _00050 _00100 etc. Immigration loads these in as individual files and not a sequence. I have tried to install Perl, tried to modify the preferences file and cannot get it to work. Is there a solution using Immigration? Kind regards.
  • Hi Lloyd, I am struggling to get immigration to relink render image sequences that have missing frames. For example we render at 25fps and do test renders 1 every 25th frame. so the image sequence goes as follows: _00000 _00025 _00050 _00100 etc. Immigration loads these in as individual files and not a sequence. I have tried to install Perl, tried to modify the preferences file and cannot get it to work. Is there a solution using Immigration? Kind regards.
    Make sure you are using version 1.5 and turn on the pref in the ? UI.
    Hi Lloyd, I have 1.5 installed but do not see any option in the UI to turn on the pref. What am I doing wrong?
    Hi Lloyd, I have 1.5 installed but do not see any option in the UI to turn on the pref. What am I doing wrong?
    Sorry i misread your initial question, Immigration will always consider sequences with missing frames as separate sequences. That is how it is intended to work.
  • Can we get an update for AE 2022 please
  • Can we get an update for AE 2022 please
    Should work just fine in 2022, if you have a specific issue please open a support ticket and include screenshots so we can look into it: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=191&direct=1
  • Can't wait for this 2022 update :)
    Thanks in advenced
  • Can't wait for this 2022 update :)
    Thanks in advenced
    Works fine in 2022, if you have any issues please open a support ticket instead
  • I see there's a paste path option here but doesn't seem to work or maybe i'm doing something wrong. I don't see any tutorials on how to use it but would love some instructions.

• UI Colors seem to be broken again in AE 2023.
  • mm sch said:
    UI Colors seem to be broken again in AE 2023.
    Works fine for me in 2023:

• mm sch said:
    UI Colors seem to be broken again in AE 2023.
    Works fine for me in 2023:

Thank you. It is working indeed. For whatever reason AE used an older version when it was installed with the "copy settings/presets" option during update. With 1.5 everything works as intended. Thank you for checking!
  • Hi Lloyd

Thanks so much for this wonderful addition to AE.

Apologies if this has been covered before but the error message in the window points to
    'preferences/General'
    and file/network access is now in AE 'preferences/scripting and expressions'

AE 2023
    (23.2.1)

Immigration 1.5

Cheers

• Hi Lloyd

Thanks so much for this wonderful addition to AE.

Apologies if this has been covered before but the error message in the window points to
    'preferences/General'
    and file/network access is now in AE 'preferences/scripting and expressions'

AE 2023
    (23.2.1)

Immigration 1.5

Cheers

Yes Adobe changed the location but it is the same procedure.

• Hi, does this plugin also relink missing footage the same way as replacing footage?
  • Hi, does this plugin also relink missing footage the same way as replacing footage?

After Effects does this natively

After Effects does this natively
    But let's say I moved the multiple files around a bit, across different directories (names stay the same). Would this plugin be able to help me out with relinking the files?
  • Great plugin, I've been using it for over a decade! 
    Can we expect an update for AE 2024 soon?
  • Great plugin, I've been using it for over a decade! 
    It works in 2024. If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • My mistake, manually copying the script across works in AE2024. The aescripts install app doesn't give the option of an install for 2024 however

Great plugin, I've been using it for over a decade! 
    It works in 2024. If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• My mistake, manually copying the script across works in AE2024. The aescripts install app doesn't give the option of an install for 2024 however

Great plugin, I've been using it for over a decade! 

Please see this faq: