Composite Brush Unreal
  • This looks interesting! Though I have to ask about the price considering Unreal Engine is cheaper to use than After Effects, for Indies at least.

I also have a question about a possible unintended use. In the past I've attempted to do some manual matchmoving against video footage in Unreal Engine and it did not scrub the timeline very smoothly.  Is this mainly intended for live video?
  • This looks interesting! Though I have to ask about the price considering Unreal Engine is cheaper to use than After Effects, for Indies at least.

I also have a question about a possible unintended use. In the past I've attempted to do some manual matchmoving against video footage in Unreal Engine and it did not scrub the timeline very smoothly.  Is this mainly intended for live video?
    I didn't want to release at this price, but it was the only choice.
    For After Effects, there are probably hundreds of thousands of people worldwide who at some point need to change a color, or pull a key in After Effects. We can sell at a low price, and just sell to lots of customers to keep the lights on. For Unreal, there's already a keyer built into Composure that's good enough for dirty mockups on set. So our only potential customers are:

-News Networks broadcasting live composites at very high quality.

-High end feature film sets that demand extreme precision in their live-composite. Because they need to see exactly how to position lights, and set things up for the most photo-real final composite possible.

Our potential market is very small. Maybe hundreds, but I doubt even thousands of potential customers worldwide who actually have Virtual Production stages up and running that require a flawless key.

It's intended for live video, which is where we've done the majority of our testing. I'd assume any pre-recorded video would be easier to key in advance in After Effects, and just render it out and pass that into Unreal. I actually haven't used the Unreal timeline, we've just focused purely on the media player either outputting through Composure, or directly into a shader.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Composite Brush Unreal Creator
  • Can you please exemplify using the keyed asset back in the environment in "play" mode. Example: Show the final result of a virtual studio look.

Cheers!
  • Can you please exemplify using the keyed asset back in the environment in "play" mode. Example: Show the final result of a virtual studio look.

Cheers!
    We will get to this soon, however I'm out of the office for the weekend, and don't have a camera/green setup at the moment. You can download a free trial which is fully functional except for a grid watermark!

It'll be better for us to actually do a video demo in play mode, but basically the result is going to be exactly the same as if you were using Composure and the native keyer in Unreal, except of course with our key. We haven't done anything to create exceptions from the Composure system, it should fit into the same Composure workflow you're already using.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Composite Brush Creator
  • Awesome. Thank you Chris!
  • PLEASE CONTIUNE SELLING THIS PRODUCT!!!
  • IF anything, more people will be using this, especially on smaller scale. Think about it! Please start selling this again!
  • IF anything, more people will be using this, especially on smaller scale. Think about it! Please start selling this again!
    Sorry Jason, I really appreciate your enthusiasm. The problem is that the level of interest and sales for this product did not come even close to covering the cost required to provided quality customer support and responsive updates. If you look at what we're doing with Lockdown and Composite Brush Ae, we build features when enough users request them, and we (relatively) quickly patch bugs and workflow issues. There are tons of Lockdown/CB users so we've been able to hire a pretty large team to split up the workload to develop fast. It's super important to me that for any product our company sells, our customers know it will be stable and any issues that hinder their productivity will be quickly patched. We need the reputation of being as dependable as any huge Plugin developer out there. Composite Brush Unreal just did not draw enough users to cover good product support. Our two choices were to spend accordingly and have a weak product with slow update cycles, or lose tons of money making a great product and doing it right. This whole COVID thing halting production scared the crap out of us, and as a team we decided we should focus on our stronger products, and not take the risk right now. I really am sorry, and generally embarrassed that we spent so much time on Composite Brush Unreal, only to drop it after 2 months. I do think we'll bring it back once the world is back to normal and people are shooting again, but we just can't take the risk right now. Sorry if this answer is blunt, but just trying to be honest.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Composite Brush Unreal Creator
  • Oh my goodness, I think I'm going to be sick... You have no idea how bummed out I am as result of this be discontinued. I literally explained to my family that I am scheduling a day to setup my very first composure greenscreen set up in Unreall. I'm was so excited. Updated my Unreal Engine, sat down and watched your quick tutorial, and then to find that it has been discontinued. Ugh...! I still love your products and know that some day soon it will come back. And once again, thank you for temporary availability of LockDown. Its outstanding.  
  • Oh my goodness, I think I'm going to be sick... You have no idea how bummed out I am as result of this be discontinued. I literally explained to my family that I am scheduling a day to setup my very first composure greenscreen set up in Unreall. I'm was so excited. Updated my Unreal Engine, sat down and watched your quick tutorial, and then to find that it has been discontinued. Ugh...! I still love your products and know that some day soon it will come back. And once again, thank you for temporary availability of LockDown. Its outstanding.  
    Ugh, sorry, yeah, this kills me too. I hope someday we can bring it back.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Composite Brush Creator
  • Wow, truly bummed that you can't continue on or sell. I was just starting this phase of my Unreal project building and came back to learn and get this going/purchase. Looking for that Fast and Easy setup for chroma in Unreal. Any other tight keying tools to recommend for Unreal? Best to you and hope this returns. I think given more time, you'd see the people coming to you for the tool. Cheers and stay safe.
  • I had planned on buying this in May. Drats!

I understand the business end of developing the plugin, but I hope that within a few months you’ll find the market conducive to bringing this plugin back. IMHO, it is an extraordinarily useful plugin…
  • I need thing thing. Guys, I've been using your AE script for years. I've building my pipeline, just like all the other Virtual Production converts & we need you in it. Yall's color selection logic will save me so much stress. 
  • I need thing thing. Guys, I've been using your AE script for years. I've building my pipeline, just like all the other Virtual Production converts & we need you in it. Yall's color selection logic will save me so much stress. 
    Thanks for the encouragement, we were also very disappointed with the suspension of this Plug-in. We really hope some day it can come back, but to be totally honest right now we have no set date to bring it back.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Composite Brush Creator
  • What a bummer this product is discontinued. I am a really a fan of your great products.Is there a chance to get the last version somehow?
  • What a bummer this product is discontinued. I am a really a fan of your great products.Is there a chance to get the last version somehow?
    Sorry but for a lot of reasons we just can't release an unsupported Plugin. I wish it was easier, maybe someday we'll be able to bring it back.

cheers,
    Chris
  • Would need the Composite Brush for Unreal Engine. How can I get it? Even for the 4,24 !
  • Please bring back Composite Brush Unreal :) we wait for it !