Dynamic Line Chart
  • I have been using "dynamic line chart" for approximately half a year now. It is super customizable. And much easier than my previous workflows. Thanks! It is a bit buggy and slow when copying a graph in after effects, but then again, I don't think it's supposed to do that. Large datasets are also putting my pc under pressure (I have datasets of 10-50.000 points). I really could use the option for saving a template (font, color, line width, screen size), as it is a bit of a pain to navigate and setup the many options again and again. Thank you for a product well worth the price. Best regards from Søren
  • Is there any way to track text at the end of a line graph?
  • I'm trying to import a CVS file but it says no data/heading found. 
  • I'm trying to import a CVS file but it says no data/heading found. 
    Hi Joseph. 

You need to make sure that the .CSV is correctly formatted. It's very easy. The included instruction manual explains. 

The plugin needs the first column to identify the contents of each row. 

In this example, the first line is #ignore -- it is ignored. The second line is #type, which tells the plugin what kind of data is in the column ('line' for numbers, 'label' for text). The third line is #data, and the top cell of each column is the name of the data beneath it. 

You must also make sure that the .CSV file is saved in the correct format:UTF-8.

If you have any more problems, please raise a support ticket. 

B. 

DLC_Sheet.png
    282 x 470 - 15K
    DLC_Save.png
    802 x 242 - 14K
  • It is a bit buggy and slow when copying a graph in after effects, but then again, I don't think it's supposed to do that. Large datasets are also putting my pc under pressure (I have datasets of 10-50.000 points). 
    Hi Søren. Apologies if you're having problems. There were a few memory issues in the first couple of releases, but I completely re-wrote that part, so copying and pasting should be easier now. There is one bug outstanding, which I will be addressing in the next week or so. Please look out for the next release. If you have any problems, please do raise a support ticket! I need to know about them! Cheers. B. 
  • I formatted my CSV correctly and saved as correct CSV but cant seem to get data/ line to show up! Any guidance here. Am I missing something ridiculously basic?
  • I formatted my CSV correctly and saved as correct CSV but cant seem to get data/ line to show up! Any guidance here. Am I missing something ridiculously basic?
    Hi David. I can't tell what you may or may not be doing right and/or wrong after you've imported the .CSV. 

Please make sure you've read the manual -- there are some simple how-to instructions. Also, have a look at the spiralDemo video on the video tab at https://aescripts.com/dynamic-line-chart/ . It takes you through the steps of importing the CSV, and then creating a line object, and then changing the parameters of the X and Y axis.

Here are some things that might be going wrong, though. 

1. Have you created an object? If you just want a simple data line, the object type is "curve". You also need to use the dropdown menus to select the horizontal and vertical data sources. 

2. Have you set the X-axis and Y-axis min and max dimensions? These dimensions must encompass the range of your data in the CSV, or the line will be offscreen. 

If you have any further problems, please open a support ticket. 

Cheers. 

B. 

• Hi.
    How can I contact you for a custom job offer?
  • I wanted to try this out so I copied the data from the manual into a spreadsheet and followed the formatting, but I still get a no data/type headings found error for some reason when I try to load it up using the plugin. I wonder if there is anything I could possibly be doing wrong?
  • Hi Julianne, 

I can't see what you've done wrong from here, so please submit a support query and attach the file you made, and I'll take a look. 

https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi Julianne, I have received your CSV file.

The problem is caused by your spreadsheet application producing a CSV file that is delimited by semicolons, not by commas. 

Here is the content of your CSV file:

--------------
    #ignored;;;
    #type;line;line;label
    #data;Year;Value;Text
    ;1980;20;One
    ;1985;40;Two
    ;1990;30;Three
    ;1995;60;Four
    ;2000;20;Five
    ;2005;40;Six
    ;2010;30;Seven
    ;2015;10;Eight
    ;2020;30;Nine

--------------

"CSV" stands for "Comma Separated Values", but some applications let you choose which character to use as a delimiter, instead of a comma. The plugin requires commas to be used as a delimeter.

Please adjust your spreadsheet application's settings. 
  • Bee Pee said:
    Hi Julianne, I have received your CSV file.

The problem is caused by your spreadsheet application producing a CSV file that is delimited by semicolons, not by commas. 

Here is the content of your CSV file:

--------------
    #ignored;;;
    #type;line;line;label
    #data;Year;Value;Text
    ;1980;20;One
    ;1985;40;Two
    ;1990;30;Three
    ;1995;60;Four
    ;2000;20;Five
    ;2005;40;Six
    ;2010;30;Seven
    ;2015;10;Eight
    ;2020;30;Nine

--------------

"CSV" stands for "Comma Separated Values", but some applications let you choose which character to use as a delimiter, instead of a comma. The plugin requires commas to be used as a delimeter.

Please adjust your spreadsheet application's settings. 
    Thank you so much for the response! It's fixed now, really appreciate your work on this 
  • Hi,
    The plugin is producing numerous exceptions and making AE crash while trying to manage (delete or edit) data. :(
  • Are there any plans on making it available for CC 2021? Right now I have multiple installs of Ae and render graphs and put them into premiere. But it is a bit of a pain. Also - would still love to have a way of loading a template file. Right now I solve it by having a standard saved, that I need to start building from, but, an editable file only containing changes from the original effect, would be awesome. Still very pleased with the plugin! 
    Best regards - Søren

• Are there any plans on making it available for CC 2021? Right now I have multiple installs of Ae and render graphs and put them into premiere. But it is a bit of a pain. Also - would still love to have a way of loading a template file. Right now I solve it by having a standard saved, that I need to start building from, but, an editable file only containing changes from the original effect, would be awesome. Still very pleased with the plugin! 
    Best regards - Søren

I would like to second this! After AE 2022 was released, adobe auto-deleted my AE 2020. I use use this plugin frequently for a client, and right now I don't have access to it. I know there are still ways to go back and get AE 2020, but it would be great to not have to for this one plugin.
  • Seems it does not work for CC2022.  Interface is there but I cannot load data with CSV. (Yes, I have commas.)
  • Any update on if this is avalible in AE 2022?
  • I'm having some pretty bad memory leaks on AE21, also would love if this could get an update to run on apple silicon to increase performance. 
  • Hi Beepee, this scrupt is really usefull and I ws wondering If we needed some bespoke formating for the charts, is that something you could do for us? 
  • Hello, upon installing I receive this error: 

After Effects can't continue: Dynamic Line Chart plug-in generated an unexpected exception. 

After Effects error: This effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized.  Try reinstalling or contacting the plugin developer.  (25::3)

I tried with AE 2023 and 2022, same message.  Any thoughts on what could be the issue?  I'm working with Windows 11 64-bit and have an RTX 3080Ti GPU.  Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you!

• Hello, upon installing I receive this error: 

After Effects can't continue: Dynamic Line Chart plug-in generated an unexpected exception. 

After Effects error: This effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized.  Try reinstalling or contacting the plugin developer.  (25::3)

I tried with AE 2023 and 2022, same message.  Any thoughts on what could be the issue?  I'm working with Windows 11 64-bit and have an RTX 3080Ti GPU.  Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you!

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket 
  • Any workaround on showing multiple lines of varying row length? I work with data that varies from 3000 lines to 80,000+ lines but they never all align in terms of row lengths.
  • Any workaround on showing multiple lines of varying row length? I work with data that varies from 3000 lines to 80,000+ lines but they never all align in terms of row lengths.
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket