• Would love to have more control over the speed of the posterize time effect. I'd like to be able to select the exact frames per second. I would like to use this with other posterized layers that don't need Randomatic 2, and I'd like to make sure the speed of every animation matches.
  • Hello. Can i activate it on machine without internet connection? And can i use a single license script on my home and personal studio machines?
  • Hi. Is there a way to connect new layers to an existing controller, so that I don't have to create multiple controllers? Like, if you've Randomised the scale value on one layer, and now you want to apply that same animation to all the layers in the comp.
  • Any plans to include random z spacing for 3d space?
  • Would love to have more control over the speed of the posterize time effect. I'd like to be able to select the exact frames per second. I would like to use this with other posterized layers that don't need Randomatic 2, and I'd like to make sure the speed of every animation matches.
    You can set up the speed of the animation with the "speed" parameter and it works with or without the "posterize time" option enable.
    The "speed" parameter works the same way as the build in After Effects "posterize time" effect so you can synchronize your different layers.

If you prefer to specify a number of frames instead of the current frequency per second, you can use the following formula:
    framerate / number of frames
    For example, if you want 6 frames between each move and your project is 30 fps, simply type 30/6 in the speed parameter.
  • Any plans to include random z spacing for 3d space?
    You can already randomize "z position" properties (or any 3D property). There are 2 ways to do this:

- you separate position dimensions first and only apply Randomatic 2 on the "z position" property.
    - OR:
          > you apply Randomatic 2 on an unseparated position property
          > then uncheck the "absolute" parameter on the Randomatic controller
          > and finally set the "min./max." parameters of the the x and y axis to 0
  • Hi. Is there a way to connect new layers to an existing controller, so that I don't have to create multiple controllers? Like, if you've Randomised the scale value on one layer, and now you want to apply that same animation to all the layers in the comp.
    Hi Frank,

Unfortunately there is no option to do this directly with the script but I am thinking about it for a future update.

However there is a workaround. You can copy an existing Randomatic expression and paste it on other layers and they will all be connected to the same Randomatic controller. If you are using an "animated random" or a "wiggle" effect, you also have to copy and paste the "Randomatic - layer" parameter on the other layers.
  • Hello. Can i activate it on machine without internet connection? And can i use a single license script on my home and personal studio machines?
    Hello Kirill, sorry for the delay.

I invite you to read this FAQ about licensing: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-type-faq/

If you have more questions on this subject please open a support ticket.
  • Looks awesome.
    Is there a way to randomize position based on the grid?
  • Looks awesome.
    Is there a way to randomize position based on the grid?
    Hi Igor,

You can use the "increment" option for randomizing position on a grid.
    Feel free to download the trial version to test this feature.
  • Hi! Was the white grid in the background made with this plugin as well ? How did you manage to make it move like that ?!
  • Hi! Was the white grid in the background made with this plugin as well ? How did you manage to make it move like that ?!
    Hi, the white grid in the promo video was not made with the script.
    I created a custom rig with a lot of expressions to animate it.
  • Hi I have a problem with Randomatic 2 in AE ver 2020 and 21. It simply doesn't work as a panel, when I open it it shows "unable to execute script at line 6. null is not n object", any suggestions how to solve it?
  • Hi I have a problem with Randomatic 2 in AE ver 2020 and 21. It simply doesn't work as a panel, when I open it it shows "unable to execute script at line 6. null is not n object", any suggestions how to solve it?
    Hi, sorry to hear that.
    Can you open a support ticket so we can further investigate what the problem is:
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1535
  • Hi, is there already any option or at least any plan for that option to convert everything what randomatic is doing in to final keyframes onto the different layers which are affected? Would be the only possibility to use it with something like Bodymovin/Lottie or maybe it already works with it?
  • Hi, is there already any option or at least any plan for that option to convert everything what randomatic is doing in to final keyframes onto the different layers which are affected? Would be the only possibility to use it with something like Bodymovin/Lottie or maybe it already works with it?
    Hi,
    I used Randomatic several times with Bodymovin and it works great. If there is a problem you can also use the Bodymoving option "Convert expressions to keyframes".

Concerning a Randomatic option to convert expressions into keyframes, nothing is planned at the moment.

I invite you to download the trial version of Randomatic if you want to make sure it fits your needs.
    Hi,
    I used Randomatic several times with Bodymovin and it works great. If there is a problem you can also use the Bodymoving option "Convert expressions to keyframes".

Concerning a Randomatic option to convert expressions into keyframes, nothing is planned at the moment.

I invite you to download the trial version of Randomatic if you want to make sure it fits your needs.
    Hi and thank you so much for the quick answer, would love to check it out within the a demo version if that's possible! :)
  • Hi and thank you so much for the quick answer, would love to check it out within the a demo version if that's possible! :)
    Hi, you can download the trial version by clicking on the green "try" button on the product page:
    https://aescripts.com/randomatic
  • With random positions and increment in use - is there a way to make sure two items are not using the same space?

• With random positions and increment in use - is there a way to make sure two items are not using the same space?

Hi Nikolaus,
    This is not possible. Each layer or property is independent from the others so overlaps are possible.
  • Randomatic 2 - doesn't work if you have a dropbox 'Backup This Mac' feature activated on macOS. This should be mentioned on the product page (IN A BOLD STATEMENT) - no one needs to waste time and money on that experience.

Source from the support team (after the purchase): https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/dropbox-macos-warning/ /

Not nice.

• Randomatic 2 - doesn't work if you have a dropbox 'Backup This Mac' feature activated on macOS. This should be mentioned on the product page (IN A BOLD STATEMENT) - no one needs to waste time and money on that experience.

Source from the support team (after the purchase): https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/dropbox-macos-warning/ /

Not nice.

This is an issue with Dropbox that affects all After Effects tools that need to read/write to the home folder. It has nothing to do with Randomatic specifically. Did you try turning it back on as the faq suggested?
  • can randomatic 2 do same position/rotation at start comp to end comp?so its gonna looping animation. thank you
  • ivan rYH said:
    can randomatic 2 do same position/rotation at start comp to end comp?so its gonna looping animation. thank you
    Hi Ivan,
    There are 2 ways to do this:

- You can use the "loop" parameter in the wiggle mode and set the duration of this loop to match the duration of your composition.

- You can also use the "strength" parameter by creating 2 keyframes from 0% to 100% at the beginning of your composition and 2 other keyframes from 100% to 0% at the end.
  • It works with Transform Effect! Great!
  • Hi,
    i like your tool and sound in your promo video. Can you tell me, where can i get the sound? Thanks
  • Hi,
    i like your tool and sound in your promo video. Can you tell me, where can i get the sound? Thanks
    Hi Mike,
    I got the sound on premiumbeat.com

• Ok, Premiumbeat is very good! Can you tell me, what is the name of this music? 

P.S: i bought your plugin and it works very good :-)!

Thanks
  • I really wish that there was a way to apply the Random attributes to the layers from the controller null.

As it currently stands, When I move Rando2 through comp duplication it gives my layers a new random seed regardless of what the original seed was due to the comp being different. This means that AEmatics exported through Newton3 end up with new random attributes in their export comp that throws off the collision matching in the animation if lets say Size was randomized.

If there was a way to attach a static randomizer and then have an 'apply on removal' check key or something to make sure the new property values stick to their layers without the use of expressions being required would be awesome!
  • I really wish that there was a way to apply the Random attributes to the layers from the controller null.

As it currently stands, When I move Rando2 through comp duplication it gives my layers a new random seed regardless of what the original seed was due to the comp being different. This means that AEmatics exported through Newton3 end up with new random attributes in their export comp that throws off the collision matching in the animation if lets say Size was randomized.

If there was a way to attach a static randomizer and then have an 'apply on removal' check key or something to make sure the new property values stick to their layers without the use of expressions being required would be awesome!
    I'm sorry for the delay, I completely missed your comment.

I understand that when you duplicate a composition that contains Randomatic effects, the "layer speed" properties on each layer change value.

If this is the problem, you can delete the expressions on these properties (ALT + click on the stopwatch) before duplicating the composition.

If it's another problem, I invite you to open a support ticket so we can have a closer look.

Cheers,
    Romain
  • Hello! How can I make static random values? For example, I need random Rotation only 90, 180, 270 and 360 degrees. Or random Scale just 45%, 60%, 75%.
  • Hello! How can I make static random values? For example, I need random Rotation only 90, 180, 270 and 360 degrees. Or random Scale just 45%, 60%, 75%.
    Hello,

For the rotation set the min value to 90, the max value to 360, turn on the "increments" checkbox and set the increment value to 90.

For the scale set the min value to 45, the max value to 75, and also use the increment options with a value of 15.
  • Hey, please can you add headless/KBar support to this? Just a basic button that applies Animated random when clicked, or static random when Ctrl-Clicked? I love the idea of the script, but I like to have as minimal UI as possible.