BG Renderer Pro
  • I tried to render with BGrenderer on latest AfterEffects (CC2018) with multiple instances, but it gives me error sounds (Goat Sound) leaving 1 instance and all the other ones quit. Is this a bug ? or AfterEffects doesn't allow to run multiple instances of AE render anymore. I'm running on Windows 10 ( Fall Creators Update). Thank you.

Please try with a new simple project and make sure you are rendering to an image sequence and not an avi or mov. If you need further assistance please open a support ticket and include as many details as possible including screenshots https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • the cmd window dont open..... any idea?? Win 10 CC2014
  • the cmd window dont open..... any idea?? Win 10 CC2014
     If you need techincal assistance please open a support ticket and include as many details as possible including screenshots https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hey, does this support GPU ACCELERATION rendering?

edit : oh nevermind, i saw in the comments that its not. sad.
  • Could the script generate both the mac and windows command files at the same time? There could be a preference for how the mapping of drives are defined on the different platforms. Maybe for a future version?
  • Hi,

after Updating to CC2018 15.1 (in 15.0… this same file worked) I get this message:

aerender Error: After Effects error: Source file has no importable streams. Please check that it is a valid video/audio file.

aerender version 15.1x166

PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...

PROGRESS: ...After Effects successfully launched

Thank you for any suggestions.

• Hi,

after Updating to CC2018 15.1 (in 15.0… this same file worked) I get this message:

aerender Error: After Effects error: Source file has no importable streams. Please check that it is a valid video/audio file.

aerender version 15.1x166

Thank you for any suggestions.

If it worked before then it is an After Effects bug so please contact Adobe for assistance.  I would also check with other footage to make sure it's not your footage as the error states.
  • For a while, bgRenderer worked fine when sending me text messages after every successful render.  Suddenly, the renderer still works, but it has stopped sending text messages.  It gives me a message:

Cannot find script file C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\bgRenderer\bgRenderer_Helper.vbs

I can't find that file either.  I tried deleting the bgRenderer folder entirely to force a "re-install", but that didn't work either.  The rendering still works, just not the text messaging.  Where should I look?

Regards,
    Rick
  • For a while, bgRenderer worked fine when sending me text messages after every successful render.  Suddenly, the renderer still works, but it has stopped sending text messages.  It gives me a message:

Cannot find script file C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\bgRenderer\bgRenderer_Helper.vbs

I can't find that file either.  I tried deleting the bgRenderer folder entirely to force a "re-install", but that didn't work either.  The rendering still works, just not the text messaging.  Where should I look?

Regards,
    Rick
    Make sure a firewall is not blocking it. If you need additional help open a support ticket and include screenshots
  • Brilliant, I was receiving different results rendering out uncompressed files in Media encoder which caused me severe problems approving work with the client. BG renderer maintained consistent results as the native renderer of After effects and was so much faster than running 
    media encoder simultaneously and still enabled me to work during the process.

I have been told about BG renderer for years but always overlooked it as I thought Adobe had solved the issue with Media Encoder. Although I still use Media Encoder for simple conversions (ffmpeg for unusual ratios ect. - Handbrake on another Mac for really weird ratios) the initial uncompressed master I can really only totally rely on AE render to give me the results I need.

I consider this script vital for any workflow out of After effects, if your thinking of purchasing, do it, it will save you time and Money! I promise, Im converted, Thanks Lloyd, still so relevant in 2018! 
  • Hello, for sms, my provider in france is not available, and if i select another provider that is not mine, i don't receve sms.
    Is it the way it works or should i be able to receive sms anyway ? thanks
  • BS Lau said:
    Hello, for sms, my provider in france is not available, and if i select another provider that is not mine, i don't receve sms.
    Is it the way it works or should i be able to receive sms anyway ? thanks
    Your sms provider needs to support the feature
  • Hello, i use the BG Render for many years on mac and work very well, congratulations its a very great produt!!
    Recently i change for windows, but BG render is not working, i need some help please.

Thanks
  • Hello, i use the BG Render for many years on mac and work very well, congratulations its a very great produt!!

Recently i change for windows, but BG render is not working, i need some help please.

Thanks
    The error is clearly stated. Also, this is an issue witt aerender not BG Renderer so please contact adobe if you need help with it.
  • Thank you Lloyd, I'll check with adobe.
  • Hey Lloyd! Is possible to run the script/launcher attached to the "BG Render" button to a button in KBar?
  • Hey Lloyd! Is possible to run the script/launcher attached to the "BG Render" button to a button in KBar?
    not currently unfortunately but it will definitely be part of a future version

oooh! a future version??! that really is exciting, +1 for beta testing! thanks lloyd!
  • Just a quick FYI for yall, 

installed cc19 on a Windows 10 system - RAM = 48gb. testing scripts-plugins for compatibility in after effects 16.0/cc19

With default settings for BG Render, it is crashing with error "unable to call setMemoryUsageLimits because of parameter 2".

Changed settings to

BG Render Priority = Low
    Max Mem Usage = 80
    Max Ram Cache = 30
    No Multiprocessing

BG Render runs and completes the render. 
  • Just a quick FYI for yall, 

installed cc19 on a Windows 10 system - RAM = 48gb. testing scripts-plugins for compatibility in after effects 16.0/cc19

With default settings for BG Render, it is crashing with error "unable to call setMemoryUsageLimits because of parameter 2".

Changed settings to

BG Render Priority = Low
    Max Mem Usage = 80
    Max Ram Cache = 30
    No Multiprocessing

BG Render runs and completes the render. 
    Do you have a GPU?  99% of issues are related to GPU drivers.  If you need further assistance please open a support ticket and provide as many details as possible including screenshots so we are best able to assist you.
  • Hey Lloyd,

Yes to GPU question, 2x1070ti nvidia drivers v416.34.
     i'll open a support ticket later today. 
  • Hey Lloyd,

Yes to GPU question, 2x1070ti nvidia drivers v416.34.
     i'll open a support ticket later today. 
    Actually, just re-read your error and it's because your machine must not support the max mem usage set to 80, please leave those at their default values:

Max Mem Usage 120
    Max Ram Cache 60
  • When running using my usual settings with Adobe CC 19, BG render crashes with 2+ instances. I use Multimachine PNG sequences. The computer was running really sluggish and looked at my activity monitor (Mac). Both instances were using slightly different variations between 124-126 GB of RAM - even though I only have 128 GB total. In the past, it splits up the Ram in a logical way between instances. I can normally run 3 or 4 depending on the process. Will tweak it and post results here. 
  • Cam Vokey said:
    When running using my usual settings with Adobe CC 19, BG render crashes with 2+ instances. I use Multimachine PNG sequences. The computer was running really sluggish and looked at my activity monitor (Mac). Both instances were using slightly different variations between 124-126 GB of RAM - even though I only have 128 GB total. In the past, it splits up the Ram in a logical way between instances. I can normally run 3 or 4 depending on the process. Will tweak it and post results here. 
    Due to changes Adobe made, in order to use BG Renderer in CC2019 you need to set the MAX MEM USAGE to 100 under the advanced settings:

• I'm having similar issues with memory as well.

I've changed the Max Mem usage to 100% and lower to get it to work, but each instance is taking up all the available ram. Really negating the point of rendering in the background.

MacPro 6.1 12core, 64GB Ram, 10.13.6
  • Tim Hook said:
    I'm having similar issues with memory as well.

I've changed the Max Mem usage to 100% and lower to get it to work, but each instance is taking up all the available ram. Really negating the point of rendering in the background.

MacPro 6.1 12core, 64GB Ram, 10.13.6
    You can set the max ram to anything from 1 to 100
  • I love BG renderer and used it for tons of projects, but today when I was using it. It gave me this comment "The current directory is invalid." When I checked the render directory, it was not my current project but a project from long long time ago. Is there any way I can change that back?

Thanks a lot!
  • I love BG renderer and used it for tons of projects, but today when I was using it. It gave me this comment "The current directory is invalid." When I checked the render directory, it was not my current project but a project from long long time ago. Is there any way I can change that back?

Thanks a lot!
    you set the render destination in the render queue in after effects
  • I have this file name "A.aep" and and saved, set the destination in Render Queue in AE, but when rendering it shows it's rendering from a totally different  aep "B.aep." I couldn't find where I could change it in render queue.

Hopefully this pic will be more clear:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6svtx81jssmsms9/BGRender.jpg?dl=0
  • I have this file name "A.aep" and and saved, set the destination in Render Queue in AE, but when rendering it shows it's rendering from a totally different  aep "B.aep." I couldn't find where I could change it in render queue.

Hopefully this pic will be more clear:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6svtx81jssmsms9/BGRender.jpg?dl=0
    Use the 'Save BG Launcher' feature to save the launcher to the desktop. If you still need assistance please open a support ticket and send the project (just the aep no footage) as well as the launcher file so we can take a look.
  • I can report that while the 100% memory disabled the crash behavior, finder will give me an "Out of Application Memory" warning. Restarting the computer and cleaning the cache fixes it (but only temporarily). It will appear again. This is happening on two different trashcans, one with 64GB of RAM and one 128GB of RAM. This hasn't happened on a macbook pro with 16GB of RAM for some reason. 

Cam Vokey said:
    When running using my usual settings with Adobe CC 19, BG render crashes with 2+ instances. I use Multimachine PNG sequences. The computer was running really sluggish and looked at my activity monitor (Mac). Both instances were using slightly different variations between 124-126 GB of RAM - even though I only have 128 GB total. In the past, it splits up the Ram in a logical way between instances. I can normally run 3 or 4 depending on the process. Will tweak it and post results here. 
    Due to changes Adobe made, in order to use BG Renderer in CC2019 you need to set the MAX MEM USAGE to 100 under the advanced settings:

• Cam Vokey said:
    I can report that while the 100% memory disabled the crash behavior, finder will give me an "Out of Application Memory" warning. Restarting the computer and cleaning the cache fixes it (but only temporarily). It will appear again. This is happening on two different trashcans, one with 64GB of RAM and one 128GB of RAM. This hasn't happened on a macbook pro with 16GB of RAM for some reason. 

You should contact Adobe about this as this is in their camp.
    i use BGr as a script in kbar without any issue
  • BS Lau said:
    Hey Lloyd! Is possible to run the script/launcher attached to the "BG Render" button to a button in KBar?
    i use BGr as a script in kbar without any issue
    Sorry, I thought he was asking about launching the BG render directly bypassing the UI.  If you simply want to launch it from KBar then yes, of course, you can launch any script from KBar. KBar, however, has a cool new feature where you can launch specific functions within scripts but that needs to be specifically wired by each tool developer and it's something we definitely plan for the next version of BG Renderer.
  • Hi,
    can't still live without BG Renderer in 2018!
    I have a fresh installed new machine (OSX 10.14.1), now BG Renderer gives me the following error almost every time. Any help is much appreciated!
    Thanks  

aerender version 14.2.1x34

aerender ERROR -1712: AESend failed to send apple event at line 769

• Hi,
    can't still live without BG Renderer in 2018!
    I have a fresh installed new machine (OSX 10.14.1), now BG Renderer gives me the following error almost every time. Any help is much appreciated!
    Thanks  

aerender version 14.2.1x34

aerender ERROR -1712: AESend failed to send apple event at line 769

The AESend error is a generic error usually associated with a 3rd party plugin.  I would turn the plugins you are using on one by one to determine the one that is causing the error and contact the plugin developers and tell them that their plugin is generating the AESend error when rendering using aerender. You should also contact Adobe support and let them know that they should provide a more specific error for these cases as this is an error from aerender and not BG Renderer.
  • The AESend error is a generic error usually associated with a 3rd party plugin.  I would turn the plugins you are using on one by one to determine the one that is causing the error and contact the plugin developers and tell them that their plugin is generating the AESend error when rendering using aerender. You should also contact Adobe support and let them know that they should provide a more specific error for these cases as this is an error from aerender and not BG Renderer.
    Thanks, great Lloyd. I'll see what i can find out..
  • Is BG Renderer for CC 2018 compatible with CC 2019? We want to upgrade our old BG Renderer 2011 script, it's giving some errors and the panel seems only able to be used as stand alone panel.
  • John Bake said:
    Is BG Renderer for CC 2018 compatible with CC 2019? We want to upgrade our old BG Renderer 2011 script, it's giving some errors and the panel seems only able to be used as stand alone panel.
    Yes it works in CC2019. If you need assistance please open a support ticket and provide screenshots so we are best able to assist you.
  • I can't seem to get this to work on After effects CC 2019?

Any chance you get get it to work pretty please!?

• I can't seem to get this to work on After effects CC 2019?

Any chance you get get it to work pretty please!?

It works in CC2019.  If you are getting a memory error please set the Max Mem setting to 100%.  
    If you need assistance please open a support ticket and provide screenshots so we are best able to assist you.
  • This stopped working with After Effects CC2018 for me. Yet to test it with CC2019.
  • Tom Witte said:

This stopped working with After Effects CC2018 for me. Yet to test it with CC2019.

works fine in cc2018 and cc2019. if you need assistance please open a support ticket and provide screenshots so we can assist you.
  • Sadly, BG Renderer is not the best tool to use in CC19 anymore. Not BGRs fault though but aerender seems to have changed its behavior in a way this beloved script is no convenient use anymore. 

Crashing when its set to the default ram usage which was used for years (120%) it is now throwing an error - but working when set to 100%. 

On the other side it ignores the value if I set it to use 10% max to use 10 threads (128gb on 28 threads). the 128gb of ram and the cache ssd as well are filled with every rendered frame. really annoying. 

This is not BGRs fault - we may hope for adobe that these changes are documented (or these bugs being fixed?) and if so that there will be a new BGR script some day. 

• Another quick test shows a possible workaround/solution: 
    Max Ram Cache is also being ignored when set to 60 (ram/cache is at 100% after a short time), no idea why, but when I set it to 10, it is working and just 10% (added to the regular use of your OS, so in reality it is about 15-20%) of ram are used so one can again go and start a few instances! The 10% have to be adjusted for each project of course. 

• Hi, verification for prowl- prowl key is invalid, although its correct from website? Any solution?
  • Hi, verification for prowl- prowl key is invalid, although its correct from website? Any solution?
    Make sure you don't have any firewalls or virus blockers that are blocking the connection to the prowl api.
  • Hey Lloyd. I'm trying to render a 4K TGA sequence and I'm seeing this error. 

Unable to read VR Path Registry from C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath

It causes the BG Render CMD window to stop. Any ideas?

• Hey Lloyd. I'm trying to render a 4K TGA sequence and I'm seeing this error. 

Unable to read VR Path Registry from C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath

That is an aerender issue, please contact Adobe for help with that.
  • Hey Eric, did you find out anything from adobe about this render issue? I have the same problem

Hey Lloyd, is there anything you can do or is the BG render support over? Are you ever going to update it for CC 2019 or is it just an Adobe thing to fix as you mentioned? I love BG renderer pro a great product man be a shame to have to find an alternative. 

Hey Lloyd. I'm trying to render a 4K TGA sequence and I'm seeing this error. 

That is an aerender issue, please contact Adobe for help with that.