• Is the cursor customizable?
  • I do this stuff all the time, so this is definitely a huge boon. Thanks for making it! I would however love to be able to customize what happens (other than just brightness) on the hover object. It would be super useful if we could tie the hover state to different properties like opacity or scale, etc. 
  • Reda izo said:
    Is the cursor customizable?
    Hi Reda, yes the cursor is in a pre comp, so you can put any mouse icon that you want into that pre comp!
  • I do this stuff all the time, so this is definitely a huge boon. Thanks for making it! I would however love to be able to customize what happens (other than just brightness) on the hover object. It would be super useful if we could tie the hover state to different properties like opacity or scale, etc. 
    Hi Adam, 
    Love the idea! Definitely possible in a V2.

Happy to hear if you have other ideas or improvement ideas.
    -Breton
  • This looks awesome! If in a future version you're able to add in options/methods to change the click and hover behaviours (eg. click makes the button scale down and up again; hover makes the button darker instead of lighter), this would be an even bigger time saver!
  • I see what you're doing over here and I like it! 

Also, consider this another vote for a scale down/up on click. Pretty sure it's something I add like 90% of them time.  
  • It would also be great if it worked with raster files as well.
  • I'm getting a problem with latest version of AE (17.5.1) and of the Hover script where the Hand isn't showing up, and neither the over functions when I create a button.

Already tried to reset things here and there, re-install script, have a look at the expressions but no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Thanks for the plugin! Huge timesaver.
    I also join the request so that you can customize the actions of the object when hovering (especially changing the fill color).
    I'm not very good at complex expressions, maybe someone knows what code to apply to fill on the layer so that when you hover over it, the color changes from "a" to "b"?
  • This looks really useful and would definitely save me a lot of time. I have a question though. Clients can be very strict about things like hover states. Say, for example, the clients site buttons and a normal state of blue but changed to something like a bright pink when the cursor hovers over them. Is it possible to achieve this with 'Hover', rather than just the lightened state in the demo?

• This looks awesome! If in a future version you're able to add in options/methods to change the click and hover behaviours (eg. click makes the button scale down and up again; hover makes the button darker instead of lighter), this would be an even bigger time saver!
    Thanks for the feedback Rob! Definitely on the list for next update.
  • I see what you're doing over here and I like it! 

Also, consider this another vote for a scale down/up on click. Pretty sure it's something I add like 90% of them time.  

Love it! Thank you for the suggestion.
  • It would also be great if it worked with raster files as well.

Hi Frank, it does! :)
  • Thanks for the plugin! Huge timesaver.
    I also join the request so that you can customize the actions of the object when hovering (especially changing the fill color).
    I'm not very good at complex expressions, maybe someone knows what code to apply to fill on the layer so that when you hover over it, the color changes from "a" to "b"?

Thanks Andrey, I’ll see what I can do :). It’ll be a little while until I can get back to working on Hover, but it’s in my queue after I finish the script I’m currently working on.
  • This looks really useful and would definitely save me a lot of time. I have a question though. Clients can be very strict about things like hover states. Say, for example, the clients site buttons and a normal state of blue but changed to something like a bright pink when the cursor hovers over them. Is it possible to achieve this with 'Hover', rather than just the lightened state in the demo?

Hi Sean, Version 2 will definitely have those features. Sorry to say that this version does not. Thank you!
  • Add click causes AE 2021 to freeze. Thoughts?
  • Add click causes AE 2021 to freeze. Thoughts?
    Hi David,
    I just tested “add click” and it seems to be working in AE 2021. 

Basic troubleshooting:
    - Close & Open Hover
    - Restart AE
    - Restart computer  

If the issues still persist, would you mind sharing a screen recording to show what is happening on your end?

Thank you,
    Breton 
  • Thank you for responding. I'll troubleshoot and try again. Will screen record if it crashes. Cheers.

Add click causes AE 2021 to freeze. Thoughts?
    Hi David,
    I just tested “add click” and it seems to be working in AE 2021. 

Basic troubleshooting:
    - Close & Open Hover
    - Restart AE
    - Restart computer  

If the issues still persist, would you mind sharing a screen recording to show what is happening on your end?

Thank you,
    Breton 

• I did basic troubleshooting but still "Add Click" freezes in AE 2021.

I tested and it works if there is no "Hover Object" created. But with Hover object on "Add Click" AE freezes.

record - https://filebin.net/hozvdsp6v77qxwv6
  • I did basic troubleshooting but still "Add Click" freezes in AE 2021.

I tested and it works if there is no "Hover Object" created. But with Hover object on "Add Click" AE freezes.

record - https://filebin.net/hozvdsp6v77qxwv6

Thank you for all the details. This is perfect! We’re working on a solve now :)
  • Is there any way to test this product out before buying? I couldn't find a "TRY" button.

If there is no option, can we return the product after purchasing in case it doesn't solve our needs?
  • Is there any way to test this product out before buying? I couldn't find a "TRY" button.

If there is no option, can we return the product after purchasing in case it doesn't solve our needs?
    Hi @Dirk Jansen,
    Hover doesn’t have a free trial, but you’re more than welcome to buy & return if it doesn’t suit what you need it for. 

To return, you’ll have to open a ticket on AE scripts :)

Thank you,
    Breton
  • Love it! One question though. Is the cursor customizable?  
  • Love it! One question though. Is the cursor customizable?  
    Thanks Hansel,
    Yes hover creates a precomp with the cursor icon. 
    So you can change the precomp with whatever you like
  • Hi,

Very very buggy. Great idea but it crashes/freezes AE every time I click on the ADD CLICK button.
    Also Crashes when when I parent the cursor to a null. 

Windows 10, 64gb ram.
  • Hi. Do you have an estimate when Hover will be updated to work on AE 2022, please? Many thanks.
  • Having the same issue with "Add Click" freezing After Effects 2022. It's happening when using hover on an object.
  • Hello do you plan to add swipe interactions , tap interaction for mobile also ?
  • Hi,

Very very buggy. Great idea but it crashes/freezes AE every time I click on the ADD CLICK button.
    Also Crashes when when I parent the cursor to a null. 

Windows 10, 64gb ram.
    Hi Haik, 
    Thank you for all the details

New version of Hover is out & should solve this crashing bug in newer versions of AE :)
  • Having the same issue with "Add Click" freezing After Effects 2022. It's happening when using hover on an object.
    Thank you for reporting!

We got this bug worked out. Please let me know if you run into anything else.
  • Hello do you plan to add swipe interactions , tap interaction for mobile also ?
    Hi Sreemon, 
    I probably won't have time to work on new cursor interaction features for a little while. Though I would like to some day.

Quick tip: you can change out your cursor precomps to look more like a mobile cursor

Thank you!
    Breton
  • first crashed my after effects 2021 and 2022 a few times ,and now my project is faulty, can't open it anymore... 

horrible
  • first crashed my after effects 2021 and 2022 a few times ,and now my project is faulty, can't open it anymore... 

horrible

Hi Eric, Sorry for the crash. That’s frustrating. You may be able to reopen your After Effects file by doing the following: 

1. Restart After Effects 
    2. Create a brand new project 
    3. Import your old project file 

Newer versions of After Effects didn’t work well with hover. However the latest version of hover should solve this. 

If you are still running into this issue on hover version 1.0.3, please let me know!
  • Hey! 

Just bought Hover plugin but it's barely useful since it's crashing after effects every couple of minutes.
    Please advise.
  • Hey! 

Just bought Hover plugin but it's barely useful since it's crashing after effects every couple of minutes.
    Please advise.
    Hi Luka,
    Please make sure you’re using the latest version of Hover (1.0.3). We recently solved a crashing bug in the latest version. 

If you’re still running into issues, you have the option to open a ticket to give some additional information about how & when these crashes are happening. 

If neither of these options work for you, you can also request a refund by opening a ticket. Thank you :)
  • Hi, will it be updated with the new 2022 version of after effects? I just bought it but it doesn't work!
    Thank you
  • Hey, when can we expect support for AE 2022? Thank you!
  • Hi, I just purchased but found out this was not supported by AE 2022. Will there be an update? If not can I get a refund?
  • Hey, when can we expect support for AE 2022? Thank you!
    Hello,
    Hover should now be working on AE 2022. Please open a ticket if you are run into any bugs :)
  • Hi, I just purchased but found out this was not supported by AE 2022. Will there be an update? If not can I get a refund?
    Hi @Alexander Choi,
    Please give it a try in AE 2022. We recently solved the crashing bug in AE 2022.

If you run into any issues with Hover, please feel free to open a ticket too.

Thank you,
    Breton
  • Hi, will it be updated with the new 2022 version of after effects? I just bought it but it doesn't work!
    Thank you
    Hello,
    Please make sure you’re using the latest version of Hover (1.0.3). We recently solved a crashing bug in AE 2022. 

If you are running into bugs after updating, please open a support ticket and I can work on a fix.

Thank you,
    Breton

• Just for information/ideas for future improvement (and to help if someone else has the same problem):
    I would have liked to use more complex hover effects, e.g. input field stroke weight and color, display a button for hover state, etc.

Solution:
    • I set the hover states with Essential Properties in the hover object (eg. one dropdown to change states, and each element changes its appearance based on this dropdown). 
    • On the parent timeline, I put a Slider Effect on the hover object, and added the slightly modified Hover script for effect, so instead of brightness, it toggles the slider between 1 and 2.
    • Then I assigned the Essential Properties state to this Slider object, so now I can change as many parameters on the hover as I want, creating complex hover, drag states.
    • Actually, I don't even need the Slider proxy effect, just added the hover script to the Essential Properties dropdown on the main timeline, and it works.
  • Be warned that convert to hover object is currently not working in AE 2023. I've logged a ticket but no idea how long the developer will take to fix this issue. 
  • This has yet to be updated still for AE 2023. Was looking forward to using this! Here's to hoping it gets updated soon! 
  • Sorry for spam

I seem to have it partially working. When you click convert to hover object id wait a min, then press esc wait a second or two and hit esc again. Do it until you get control back over AE.

After I get control, when I move my cursor over the object the cursor will change to hand - but cant seem to get the icon/button to change colour > expression appears broken on that. Probably can cut a frame or two and then apply brightness or tint to have a temp fix.

Havent tried grab or release yet.

EDIT: Keep pressing esc, and then crank up brightness slider and seems to be working now
  • Doesn't work in AE 23?!?!?!?! I want a refund
  • Any plans on 2023?
  • Hey all,
    Thanks for the requests for support on After Effects 2023.

We just released an update to resolve the 2023 crashing issue :)

Cheers,
    Breton

(in reply to @SusanCox, @Oliverodgaard, SamuelRustenburg, @NestorPena, @NiallMcCormack
  • Susan Cox said:
    Any plans on 2023?
    You got it!
    As of today After Effects 2023 is supported :)
  • Hi,
    I'm enjoying using Hover, but I am getting mixed results exporting to Lottie via Bodymovin. Do you have any tips? At present, it shows both the cursor and the hover finger when it mouses over a button. The grabber hand displays properly and so does the cursor in the cursor/grabber states. It's just when the hover state is activated that there is a problem.