Pixel_Encoder
  • Looks awesome!  Thanks for including CS6 support too!
  • Great plugin would have been even better if you can make it 3D or use the 3D environment in AE... 
  • Tim K K said:
    Looks awesome!  Thanks for including CS6 support too!
    Of course!
  • Great plugin would have been even better if you can make it 3D or use the 3D environment in AE... 
    Hmm... I might have to look into that for a future update!
  • Hey Will just purchased all 3 of your offerings.  But, When I try to download pixel encoder from my downloads I get an error from the aescripts site Saying
    "An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner."    need help to enable me to download it

I Have after effects CS6 on a macOS Sierra 10.12.6 

also I wonder if I should of got the Dither Decay instead of Pixel Encoder
    you don’t offer it on your aescript store.
    thank you

• Thank you, Hey everyone Will @megakrunch just solved the issue by re uploading Pixel Encoder for those not able to download it
    very good company quick reply.  5 star customer service. Dope plug-ins. for the CS6 user they haven't forgot about us. ha ha.
  • Hey Will just purchased all 3 of your offerings.  But, When I try to download pixel encoder from my downloads I get an error from the aescripts site Saying
    "An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner."    need help to enable me to download it

also I wonder if I should of got the Dither Decay instead of Pixel Encoder
    you don’t offer it on your aescript store.
    thank you

Hey Dereck!

Sorry about that. The download issue should be resolved now. Could you give it another try and let me know if it works?

And they've got a similar pixel-y aesthetic, but I can't say either plugin is better than the other. They're really just meant for different purposes!

The original idea behind Dither Decay was to capture the nostalgia of old school game consoles like the SEGA Genesis and Super NES. It's evolved a lot since then, but I think that original intent still shows. And while you can definitely take it to some interesting extremes, Dither Decay is at it's core designed to create a more smooth/subtle pixelated effect.

In contrast, the idea behind Pixel_Encoder has always been to create the most grungy glitchy effects possible. There's not much that's subtle about it, but that's by design! Although– I've seen some users manage to tame it surprisingly well, but, for the most part, Pixel_Encoder is all about taking your footage and getting crazy with it.

There's undeniably some overlap between the two, but, at the end of the day, they were designed to serve different purposes. So, to say which one is better would really depend on what you're trying to achieve!
  • Hello Will been trying to contact you over at MEGAKRUNCH regarding the CRT Converter plug in.,
     that I purchased from that site.
     just trying to resolve the after effects error message saying couldn't find main entry point for CRTConverter.plugin(42::72) 
    thought I try reaching you over here. I know your legit. So as soon as you can please check your emails and help me get this awesome plug in to work for me. Thank you kind sir.

• Does this works on M1?
  • Does this works on M1?
    Yup! Support for Apple Silicon was added in v1.6.2!
  • Hello, it looks like theres a incompatibility issue with newest versions of After Effects. My license its getting automatically deactivated everytime I use the plugin. It's very annoying. I tried both ways, using the aescripts installer and manual install to the plugins folder.

Please try to fix this ASAP, even after render i'm getting the X in the middle of the screen.
  • Hello, it looks like theres a incompatibility issue with newest versions of After Effects. My license its getting automatically deactivated everytime I use the plugin. It's very annoying. I tried both ways, using the aescripts installer and manual install to the plugins folder.

Please try to fix this ASAP, even after render i'm getting the X in the middle of the screen.

If you need technical assistance, please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1