Layer Library
  • hi Kevin  ,thank you for your reply to my comment ,my after effect version exactly is CC 12.0.0.404 and I dont know in this version of AE this script working properly ?... anyway I
      wish as soon as this useful script ready to use it with AE CC and better for shape layers...
    all the best ..
    rrss57
  • This seems a great tool! Now I wait for CC support! 
  • Hi, Any clues on whether new updates, such as new peculiarities as there soon like saving compositions and their contents?
  • How is it going with the CC supported version?
  • This seems very useful! Prease support CC!!
  • This seems very useful! Prease support CC!!

How is it going with the CC supported version?

Hi, Any clues on whether new updates, such as new peculiarities as there soon like saving compositions and their contents?

This seems a great tool! Now I wait for CC support! 
    For everybody trying to use this very useful tool; I found a bizarre workaround in a desperate attempt to get it working mashing my keyboard and mouse at 5AM. For some crazy reason it works if you hit the + button while holding both CTRL and SHIFT. I'm running MacOS Sierra with AE CC 2017. Weird!!
  • Jack, I can confirm your findings - this is amazing (and crazy, too): Layer Library works well with AE CC!

On a PC, in order to add a library preset, hold down Shift while right-clicking on the '+' button. Et voilà. This is truely weird.. and wonderful. Applying a preset still works by simply double-left-clicking an entry.

Finally one of the most useful scripts in AE history found its way back to my arsenal of preferred tools - yay :)

Thanks Jack!

Best,
    Michael / downloops.com
  • Lol, I don't think it'll solve all the weird issues I had with CC, but at some point the script will fully work in CC: every time I resume working on an update something changes in CC and the UI gets messed up. I'm sorry it's taking so long.

@Jack, sorry I made you so desperate that you actually stumbled onto this ;-) .
  • Lol, I don't think it'll solve all the weird issues I had with CC, but at some point the script will fully work in CC: every time I resume working on an update something changes in CC and the UI gets messed up. I'm sorry it's taking so long.

@Jack, sorry I made you so desperate that you actually stumbled onto this ;-) .
    Kevin,

No worries!  Wouldn't have been asking in the first place if this thing wasn't so brilliant. I hope you figure it. I would keep an older version off CC18 just so this would work forever. To date this current version the insane button mashing only works 1/30 times, if at all. :(

Please! Please! This tool was so very helpful and added freedom to my particular workflow. I could stack successful layers and FX ideas and throw them in the Layer Library bins without getting caught up in how i would need to remember them. It freed up the actual creative process up big time.

Cheers

• Jack, I can confirm your findings - this is amazing (and crazy, too): Layer Library works well with AE CC!

On a PC, in order to add a library preset, hold down Shift while right-clicking on the '+' button. Et voilà. This is truely weird.. and wonderful. Applying a preset still works by simply double-left-clicking an entry.

Finally one of the most useful scripts in AE history found its way back to my arsenal of preferred tools - yay :)

Thanks Jack!

Best,
    Michael / downloops.com
    Michael,

Yeah its the best!! Sucks it no longer works for me in the last few months tho!!
  • I've managed to create a preset on PC using the workaround (right-clicking with shift held), but it won't let me load the preset into a new comp, any ideas?
    I'm using CC 2014,

Thanks
  • So am I correct to assume there's no support for version 2020? The app has been installed, but fails to function :(
  • damn. i just bought this thinking it would work in 2019.
  • I'm trying to contact Kevin because I think this script would still bring a massive speed up in workflow.
  • Any shot this still works? I had a ton of stuff stored with this extension that I've lost the ability to use now :/
  • Any chance that this could make a comeback? Seems like it would be insanely helpful.
  • Does not work with AE 2023 – who uses CS6?