• This is wonderful, thanks for the great script :)
    I'm really looking forward to the release of Rift.
    Thanks again
  • Would be nice if this could use color tags and some other layer properties as input.
  • Would be nice if this could use color tags and some other layer properties as input.
    I've added label sorting. What are some other layer properties you would like to see added?
  • It would be great if we could also sort by the selection order of the layers.  Thanks for the great script!
  • It would be great if we could also sort by the selection order of the layers.  Thanks for the great script!
    Will look into this. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Is the following doable?

I have 10 layers aligned left to right, evenly, after using AE's built-in Distribute feature. Each layer has a numbered suffix - 01 to 10.
    After Distribute, the layers in the Comp, from left to right are of course great BUT, in the Timeline, they are not laid out perfectly in a top-down (or down-up) manner. Can Sortie re-distribute/sort the layers in the Timeline based on Name while maintaining the overall distribution? 
    An FR would include an ability for Sortie to add Suffixes/Prefixes to layers after sorting out layers as above.
  • Is the following doable?

I have 10 layers aligned left to right, evenly, after using AE's built-in Distribute feature. Each layer has a numbered suffix - 01 to 10.
    After Distribute, the layers in the Comp, from left to right are of course great BUT, in the Timeline, they are not laid out perfectly in a top-down (or down-up) manner. Can Sortie re-distribute/sort the layers in the Timeline based on Name while maintaining the overall distribution? 
    An FR would include an ability for Sortie to add Suffixes/Prefixes to layers after sorting out layers as above.
    Yes, it should work by setting the sorting property to "Name".
  • Getting this error when I try to run the script:

"Unable to execute script at line 275. _ is undefined"

I am running AE 2015.3
    Anybody else ever see this?

• Hi thanks for this script, Michael. Where is the video?

• Compatibility lists only CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4

Pity it's not been updated for CC2014-18
  • Compatibility lists only CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4

Pity it's not been updated for CC2014-18

if you are having a specific issue please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact

I am running AE 2015.3

Same. Getting this error on CC2019. Was working fine ins CC2018.

I am running AE 2015.3

Same. Getting this error on CC2019. Was working fine ins CC2018.
    You might have a conflict with another script. Please undock and close all scripts from your workspace and restart, then only run Sortie and you should be fine.  
  • Hey Michael, I have 10 red solid layers on top and I have 10 blue layers below them, can Sortie sort them alternatively (red, blue, red, blue, etc.)?
  • Kevin Ta said:
    Hey Michael, I have 10 red solid layers on top and I have 10 blue layers below them, can Sortie sort them alternatively (red, blue, red, blue, etc.)?

You can do this without Sortie, just shift select the layers in the order you want them the cut and paste them and they will paste in the order you selected them.
  • Kevin Ta said:
    Hey Michael, I have 10 red solid layers on top and I have 10 blue layers below them, can Sortie sort them alternatively (red, blue, red, blue, etc.)?

You can do this without Sortie, just shift select the layers in the order you want them the cut and paste them and they will paste in the order you selected them.
    Thanks, but that's too much manual work, can Sortie do it base on like layer colors?
  • Kevin Ta said:
    Kevin Ta said:

Thanks, but that's too much manual work, can Sortie do it base on like layer colors?

No, but you can also use the label dropdown to select all the layers of the same color and drag them up or down. And of course you can use Labels https://aescripts.com/labels/
  • The error: "Unable to execute script at line 936. Object of type Function found where a Number, Array or Property is needed" was happened.
  • The error: "Unable to execute script at line 936. Object of type Function found where a Number, Array or Property is needed" was happened.

Close and undock all scripts and restart AE and start Sortie first.
  • Hi,
    Love this!
    Is there a way to distribute  the layers where the will be placed one after the the other where it looks like a "stairs" shape?
    Thank you
  • Hi,
    Love this!
    Is there a way to distribute  the layers where the will be placed one after the the other where it looks like a "stairs" shape?
    Thank you
    You can use the "Sequence Layers" Animation Assistant for that :) 
  • Hi Lloyd, great little script.

Would you consider adding a sort based on a layer's gradient?

.. even adding Hue and Saturation options if you're feeling up for it?

• Love this script, I use it all the time. Is it possible to sort items within a group in a shape layer?