Automation Toolkit Pro
  • Alon was about to see if you could make a Relinker file for Automation Toolkit then i seen you actually made a file already.
  • What happened to all the files that was on here as well. The codes that was made?

• What happened to all the files that was on here as well. The codes that was made?

Hi Zachary, you can find it here - https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/2292/automation-toolkit/

Alon
  • Thanks dude

Alon Shemer said: 
    What happened to all the files that was on here as well. The codes that was made?

Hi Zachary, you can find it here - https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/2292/automation-toolkit/

Alon

• Can you make this work with KBar, so we can add the custom buttons there instead of using the panel?
  • Saxon Rix said:
    Can you make this work with KBar, so we can add the custom buttons there instead of using the panel?
    Hi Saxon, it already works with KBar with the keyboard shortcuts feature in only the Pro version of Automation Toolkit.

Just right click on the automation button and create a shortcut file "script.jsx" then in KBar set a button to run the JSX.

this answer is originally from this post from the Automation Toolkit Forum.
    I recommend you to check out the forum for more information and better support.

Thanks,
    Alon
  • Hi Saxon, it already works with KBar with the keyboard shortcuts feature in only the Pro version of Automation Toolkit.
    Thanks,
    Alon
    Thanks for the reply! Another thought I had is if you could add the ability to make the buttons in Automation Toolkit icons instead of text, and also have modifier keys (eg, clicking on a button does X, ctrl+clicking does Y and alt+clicking does Z), I'd probably use Automation Toolkit fully by itself instead of Kbar.
  • Saxon Rix said:
    Thanks for the reply! Another thought I had is if you could add the ability to make the buttons in Automation Toolkit icons instead of text, and also have modifier keys (eg, clicking on a button does X, ctrl+clicking does Y and alt+clicking does Z), I'd probably use Automation Toolkit fully by itself instead of Kbar.
    Hi Saxon,
    using an icon was a feature I deleted originally from automation toolkit, because it was very rare for users to use this feature and create an icon image specifically for a button, if there is no existing image collection to choose from.
    If there is a demand for it I may return it in the future so thanks for letting me know.

the modifier key feature exists already (not in a visual way with the changing icons like KBar), you can set up an automation to make a different functions when control + click, shift+ click, alt+ click, regular click, control + shift + alt +click and more.

you need to create a variable and change it's type to Project, then you can add an "if" line and select this variable, you will be able to select these properties [is shift clicked, is control clicked, is alt clicked, launched via shortcut], these properties will let you know the state of these keys when clicking the automation button or if the automation was launched by a keyboard shortcut.

Check out the example attachment.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Modifier Keys Example.zip
  • Can Automation Toolkit Pro create
    Ae Scripts?
    Create Layers?
    Apply FFXs?
    Apply Expressions?
    Create Installers for FFX and Scripts?
  • Can Automation Toolkit Pro create
    Ae Scripts?
    Create Layers?
    Apply FFXs?
    Apply Expressions?
    Create Installers for FFX and Scripts?
    Hi Roland,
    1. automation toolkit cannot create .jsx after effects scripts.
    2. yes. it can can create layers, check out this post.
    3. yes, it can apply FFXs, but only ones who saved in the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects ____\Support Files\Presets".
    4. yes, it can apply expressions you can check this post.
    5. no, it can't create installers. but it can manipulate files.

you can try it out for free with this version that supports up to 10 automations.
    Thanks,
    Alon
  • Hi Alon - 

Can you compare and contrast your pro-version with the new Automation Blocks script here: https://aescripts.com/automation-blocks-for-after-effects/

I'm trying to figure out if these have similar functionality (where one or the other would suffice) or if they'd be complementary to one another. Thanks.
  • Hi Alon - 

Can you compare and contrast your pro-version with the new Automation Blocks script here: https://aescripts.com/automation-blocks-for-after-effects/

I'm trying to figure out if these have similar functionality (where one or the other would suffice) or if they'd be complementary to one another. Thanks.
    Hi Robert,
    This is a long answer,  comparing 2 similar yet so different tools was quite hard.
    I am familiar with this new script by Mamoworld that's very similar to Automation Toolkit,
    I didn't try it myself so my impression of it can be only partial, but I've watched a couple of videos and demonstrations.
    Both tools are trying to bring scripting and automations to the average After Effects user, but each of us took a different route.
    The main idea of Automation Toolkit is to simplify old-school coding by removing the need to memorize many functions and syntax and reduce it to just 5 main global functions (loop, if, set, action, variable) while limiting the UI so it is impossible to create errors or connect things that shouldn’t be connected.
    Automation Blocks took a different path, it used Google code that tries to rethink coding by building it from blocks instead of lines.
    I think that it's a matter of personal preference whether it is a better/easier method to approach coding. I may be old fashioned but for me it sometimes looks like a 100 pieces puzzle and can be more complicated than line by line. In addition from what I've seen, there are many types of different blocks that each have a different function, so you have to figure out which one goes where and memorize them.
    I think that Automation Block's best selling point is the large and impressive collection of premade Automations, while Automation Toolkit's best selling point is the editor and the creation of automations by the user.
    I can’t compare every feature, but I believe that both can perform and build complex automations. I can only assume that each tool has advantages in some areas.
    As for the ease of use, I am rolling out an update very soon that enables dragging and dropping of lines in the editor, so it should be much more fluid and comparable to the drag and drop function in Automation Blocks. I'm also planning some exciting new features for future updates!
    There is also the free version of Automation Toolkit that is almost fully featured and can store up to 10 automations at the same time.
    So price is also an advantage of Automation Toolkit.
  • Hi Alon - 

Thanks for the thorough response. I have your Automation Toolkit (Pro), but I haven't learned it well enough to gauge its full functionality. Was trying to figure out if the AutomationBlocks would mostly duplicate functionality or offer something substantially different. I look forward to your next update, and I'll spend some time going back through your tutorials and maybe poking around the forums you set up to try to get a better sense of how things work and how to accomplish specific tasks I'd find useful. Thanks again!
  • Hi Alon

Keeping an eye on your product, but can't use it of yet. Is there some news on an ETA of the 2023 version for Mac?

// Brokop
  • Hi Alon

Keeping an eye on your product, but can't use it of yet. Is there some news on an ETA of the 2023 version for Mac?

// Brokop
    Hi Brokop,
    Thanks for checking out Automation Toolkit!

Currently you can run&install it on mac 2023 but there is a visual bug only in the mac version that makes the extension (mainly the editor) unusable.
    There is the possibly to download After Effects 2022 from the Creative Could App (click on "other versions" install 22.6 or below) and run it there.

There is also a workaround that removes the visual bug (in mac 2023),
    if you follow a couple of easy steps:

(first install Automation Toolkit)
    1. Open After Effects 2023.
    2. Open Automation Toolkit Free/Pro Extension ("Window -> Extensions -> Automation Toolkit Free/Pro").
    3. Dock The Extension panel between the panels where it is visible.
    4. Close After Effects 2023 (without closing the extension panel).
    5. Open After Effects 2023 Again (the extension should open automatically).
    6. Done!  (if you leave the extension docked and visible on the application launch it will work even if you restart after effects).

I am already working on a visual update that will fix the issue, and it should take a maximum of a week.

I recommend to check out our forum for more help and automations.
    Thanks,
    Alon
  • Hey Alon 

Where is 

2.0.4  (Current version)  -  Mar 7, 2023

Don't see it in the downloads. Thanks Sir.
  • Hey Alon 

Where is 

Hi Zachary,
    I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to see the latest version on the downloads page.
    I can see that several other customers have already updated to this version.

Please note that I do not have control over issues like this, but I recommend that you open a support ticket on Aescripts to resolve the problem.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
    Alon

• Can you send the Link?
    Hey Alon 

Where is 

Hi Zachary,
    I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to see the latest version on the downloads page.
    I can see that several other customers have already updated to this version.

Please note that I do not have control over issues like this, but I recommend that you open a support ticket on Aescripts to resolve the problem.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
    Alon

• Zachary James said:

Can you send the Link?
    Sure! Unfortunately, I can't post the link publicly here, but if you open a support ticket, I'll be able to send it to you privately. Just let me know and I'll get back to you right away with the link for the new version.
  • I bought this plugin because I had many repetitive tasks that I wanted to Automate, but the plugin is VERY confusing to learn. Is it possible to get a private lesson over zoom? I could pay for this if needed. I just have a few tasks that I cannot figure out how to do.
  • I bought this plugin because I had many repetitive tasks that I wanted to Automate, but the plugin is VERY confusing to learn. Is it possible to get a private lesson over zoom? I could pay for this if needed. I just have a few tasks that I cannot figure out how to do.
    Hey there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Automation Toolkit Pro. I totally understand how it might be confusing at first, especially when you're dealing with complex automations.

To make things easier, I'm actively involved on our forum, ready to lend a hand to anyone who needs help. I can also craft automations for you, completely free of charge. To help clarify what each line does in the automation editor, I've recently added a comment feature within the editor - it's a bit like a roadmap to guide you through.

Don't worry if you don't get it all right away. Just like any new tool, it takes a bit of time to become a pro.

For those still exploring the Automation Toolkit, remember we have a free version that you can try out. It has most of the features of the pro version, and I provide the same level of support for all users. If you've decided the pro version isn't for you, just drop a support ticket and I'll issue a full refund.

If you think a personal tutoring session could be helpful, I'm open to discussing it further. Let's explore the possibilities and see if we can find a solution that works for you.

Thanks for your feedback. Your input will surely contribute to enhancing the Automation Toolkit experience.

Best,
    Alon

• Hey Alon 

Is it possible to take each selected layer on a Comp timeline and give it 2 random number pans like this?

Im sure this could be done at a automated and quicker pace with your toolkit.

• Hey Alon 

Is it possible to take each selected layer on a Comp timeline and give it 2 random number pans like this?

Hello Zachary,

Indeed, it's possible to automate random pans for each selected layer on a Comp timeline. Based on your query, I've created an automation for you.

In essence, this automation adds a random scale and position animation to each layer. It sets a keyframe at the in-point with current values, randomizes a value between 10%-40%, and adds a new keyframe at the out-point with an updated scale and position.

I've attached the automation for your convenience. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Zoom In Layers.zip
  • Absolutely one of the greatest developers of All time. Always appreciative of your great contributions to aescripts.

Hey Alon 

Hello Zachary,

Indeed, it's possible to automate random pans for each selected layer on a Comp timeline. Based on your query, I've created an automation for you.

In essence, this automation adds a random scale and position animation to each layer. It sets a keyframe at the in-point with current values, randomizes a value between 10%-40%, and adds a new keyframe at the out-point with an updated scale and position.

I've attached the automation for your convenience. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
    Alon

• What about as well random pan left or right, also random spin. Thanks Alon
    Hey Alon 

Hello Zachary,

Best,
    Alon

• Also one more thing for now Alon

You created a file for me called (Footage to marker only in) I wanted to see if you could keep the random process going to the last marker, it's setup now that if 10 layers are selected then it randomily put those 10 layers to 10 markers. When in general i really need those 10 layers to fill 50 markers or till the last marker.. Thanks

November 2020 is where the file is located.
  • What about as well random pan left or right, also random spin. Thanks Alon

Also one more thing for now Alon

You created a file for me called (Footage to marker only in) I wanted to see if you could keep the random process going to the last marker, it's setup now that if 10 layers are selected then it randomily put those 10 layers to 10 markers. When in general i really need those 10 layers to fill 50 markers or till the last marker.. Thanks

Hi Zachary,

Here are the updated automations. As per your request, I've enhanced the "Zoom In Layers" automation with rotation and panning, and modified the "Footage to Marker only in" to be able to use the same footage multiple times to fill all markers with less footage.

Just a quick tip for the "Zoom In Layers" automation: Ensure the out-point of each layer is set to the in-point of the next one for a seamless animation speed.

Best,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Automations.zip
  • This is one of the guys under the Grace of GOD Almighty and CHRIST that come through in the clutches. 

I think you guys should buy this program not just because he's a good developer but also a guy who listens to the people and
    make life very very simple for users like me and you. It's been 15yrs of problems with softwares like A.E but this guy scripts have made things as easy as a push of a button. How have i became so professional is with a push of a button. (Automation Toolkit)...

(Macros over Artificial Intelligent control your own space The MOST High through CHRIST has given you, don't let the undetermined mind try to figure you out. Macros control your own Computer space and set your own rules the way you want it.)
  • Okay i see what your saying. If possible would love to see if you could make the output of the layer the next marker. Meaning layer would be from input marker and end at next output marker.  (Footage to marker only in)

What about as well random pan left or right, also random spin. Thanks Alon

Also one more thing for now Alon

Hi Zachary,

Here are the updated automations. As per your request, I've enhanced the "Zoom In Layers" automation with rotation and panning, and modified the "Footage to Marker only in" to be able to use the same footage multiple times to fill all markers with less footage.

Just a quick tip for the "Zoom In Layers" automation: Ensure the out-point of each layer is set to the in-point of the next one for a seamless animation speed.

Best,
    Alon

• Okay i see what your saying. If possible would love to see if you could make the output of the layer the next marker. Meaning layer would be from input marker and end at next output marker. Also can you add a fit to comp as well at the start of the same script. (Footage to marker only in)
  • Okay I see what your saying. If possible would love to see if you could make the output of the layer the next marker. Meaning layer would be from input marker and end at next output marker. Also can you add a fit to comp as well at the start of the same script. (Footage to marker only in)
    Absolutely, I can adjust the automation as per your request. The layer will now span from the current to the next marker, and I have added a 'Fit to Comp' at the start of the 'Footage to Marker only in' automation (it will scale the layers smartly based on their dimensions ratio).

Best,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Footage To Markers(only in) v3.zip
  • Thank you Man. It was all spot on worked as advertised.
    Okay I see what your saying. If possible would love to see if you could make the output of the layer the next marker. Meaning layer would be from input marker and end at next output marker. Also can you add a fit to comp as well at the start of the same script. (Footage to marker only in)
    Absolutely, I can adjust the automation as per your request. The layer will now span from the current to the next marker, and I have added a 'Fit to Comp' at the start of the 'Footage to Marker only in' automation (it will scale the layers smartly based on their dimensions ratio).

Best,
    Alon

• Just curious can you do a pop up box that searches google images or yahoo image with a single word, then import to next marker.

Just curious, don't know how far this program can go but if your willing and can do this im have to send donations.
  • Just curious can you do a pop up box that searches google images or yahoo image with a single word, then import to next marker.

Just curious, don't know how far this program can go but if your willing and can do this im have to send donations.
    Hi Zachary,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but currently Automation Toolkit cannot search and import images directly from Google or Yahoo based on a keyword. This involves web scraping which is subject to legal and privacy concerns. Thank you for your understanding and your generous offer of donations.

Best,
    Alon
  • Very honest answer.  I definitely appreciate that. Now as well i do see some doing it https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/108817/stock-search.

Well Is it possible to have a chronological names to marker file. Say if i have 12 markers and i got 12 layers selected in the browser that are numbered 1 through 12. Is it possible to put layer name 1 on the first marker, layer name 2 on the second marker and so on. Is it possible?
  • Hey Alon is their a way you could extend a composition with layers. Well say if i got a comp that's 1 minute long and would like to extend all the comp and it's  layers an extra 5 minutes is it possible? Want all the precomps extended longer as well with it's effects and all.
  • Hey Alon is their a way you could extend a composition with layers. Well say if i got a comp that's 1 minute long and would like to extend all the comp and it's  layers an extra 5 minutes is it possible? Want all the precomps extended longer as well with it's effects and all.
    Hi Zachary,

You've described quite a complex task involving extending a composition with layers, including nested precomps, effects, and varying start times. Unfortunately, this is beyond the capabilities of Automation Toolkit due to its intricate nature.

The algorithm required for checking and extending each nested layer, considering different start times across multiple nested precomps, becomes overwhelmingly complex. It would indeed need a dedicated, custom script tailored to this specific problem.

Best,
    Alon
  • I understand, also thanks for replying.

Hey Alon is their a way you could extend a composition with layers. Well say if i got a comp that's 1 minute long and would like to extend all the comp and it's  layers an extra 5 minutes is it possible? Want all the precomps extended longer as well with it's effects and all.
    Hi Zachary,

You've described quite a complex task involving extending a composition with layers, including nested precomps, effects, and varying start times. Unfortunately, this is beyond the capabilities of Automation Toolkit due to its intricate nature.

The algorithm required for checking and extending each nested layer, considering different start times across multiple nested precomps, becomes overwhelmingly complex. It would indeed need a dedicated, custom script tailored to this specific problem.

Best,
    Alon

• Hi Alon,
    This looks to be a gem! Great work.
    I confess that I haven't scoured the documentation as much as I should have but would I be able to read external files for video versioning a la CompsFromSpreadsheet?
    Thanks
    Graeme
  • Hi Alon,
    This looks to be a gem! Great work.
    I confess that I haven't scoured the documentation as much as I should have but would I be able to read external files for video versioning a la CompsFromSpreadsheet?
    Thanks
    Graeme
    Hi Graeme,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you find the Automation Toolkit beneficial.

Automation Toolkit offers the following features:

1. Reading data from external files using a file variable.
    2. Parsing data from local spreadsheet CSV files. The *.CSV format is widely recognized for spreadsheet files. This feature allows you to break down the data into individual rows and subsequently into cells. This can be particularly useful for creating compositions.

In a previous update, I introduced the spreadsheet functionality. This was in response to users wanting to set up renders using spreadsheet files. To simplify the process, I've incorporated two text-collection actions: "separate csv data to rows" and "separate csv row to cells".

Here's a brief overview of the CSV parsing process:

1. Load the CSV text data from a file (you can select your desired CSV file).
    2. Create a collection for the rows and apply the "separate csv data to rows" action. This will populate the collection with all the rows.
    3. Iterate over each row in the collection.
    4. For each row, create a collection for the cells and apply the "separate csv data to cells" action. This will populate the collection with all the cells for that row.
    5. You can then iterate over the cells collection to access the data of each cell.

I've also attached an example automation that displays each cell in the first row of a CSV file. For further assistance, I recommend reaching out on our technical support forum. It's an ideal platform for addressing multiple technical queries and support.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

Best regards,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Read CSV File.zip
  • Hey Alon is it possible to make two scripts. 
    Is it possible to make a png to shape layer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DgCqSLND-Y

Also is possible to make a png to neon file. https://videohive.net/item/neon-generator-toolkit/34319649

Thanks Alon
  • Hey Alon is it possible to make two scripts. 
    Is it possible to make a png to shape layer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DgCqSLND-Y

Also is possible to make a png to neon file. https://videohive.net/item/neon-generator-toolkit/34319649

Thanks Alon
    Hi Zachary,

I successfully created the first automation. I followed the tutorial and set up an automation for all the required steps. Please make sure to select the "Alpha" option in the auto-trace panel, followed by "Ok". I've attached the automation for your reference.

Unfortunately, I can't assist with the second automation ("png to neon") as I'm unfamiliar with creating that effect. A solid understanding of the effect is essential to automate it.

Best,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    PNG to Shape.zip
  • I really appreciate this Alon. Good guy

Hey Alon is it possible to make two scripts. 

Thanks Alon
    Hi Zachary,

I successfully created the first automation. I followed the tutorial and set up an automation for all the required steps. Please make sure to select the "Alpha" option in the auto-trace panel, followed by "Ok". I've attached the automation for your reference.

Unfortunately, I can't assist with the second automation ("png to neon") as I'm unfamiliar with creating that effect. A solid understanding of the effect is essential to automate it.

Best,
    Alon

• Is it also possible to do a 0 to 100 script for any effect. Meaning I want animation at 0 at start and a hundred 10 seconds later on timeline. For any effect i highlight on timeline?
  • Is it also possible to do a 0 to 100 script for any effect. Meaning I want animation at 0 at start and a hundred 10 seconds later on timeline. For any effect i highlight on timeline?
    Hi Zachary,

Some effects have lots of properties that can be changed and animated. It's tricky to decide which properties to focus on, especially since "0" and "100" can mean different things for different effects.

But I've made an automation that might help. With it, you can highlight effects in the timeline, and the automation will animate them.
    For example, if you add a "Fast Box Blur" effect and change the "Blur Radius" property to 10, highlight the "Fast Box Blur" on the timeline and run the automation. It'll animate the properties you changed, going from the default setting to your new one, like from 0 to 10, over 10 seconds.

I've attached the automation for your convenience. I hope you find it useful.

Best,
    Alon 
    zip
    zip
    Animate Effects Modified Properties.zip
  • Thanks Alon wanted to do this for quick animations. 
  • Matter of Fact all your scripts are useful. I feel like this machine can do automation like never heard before. 
  • Hey Alon you already made me the Autotrace to shape. Can you also add a stroke effect, as well 5 second automation. Here's the link how im trying to get it.  https://youtube.com/shorts/l6O_q1TMXFs?si=fyOvHEikgd96JGsD
  • Hey Alon you already made me the Autotrace to shape. Can you also add a stroke effect, as well 5 second automation. Here's the link how im trying to get it.  https://youtube.com/shorts/l6O_q1TMXFs?si=fyOvHEikgd96JGsD
    Hi Zachary,

I'm delighted to hear that you found the Automation Toolkit beneficial for your workflow. As requested, I've attached the specific automation for you.

Just a gentle reminder: this comment section is primarily designed for reviews or questions about the product. If you need assistance with creating specific automations, I'd be more than happy to help you on our forum at https://atforum.discoursehosting.net/. Please direct any future queries there.

Best,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Stroke Animations - Automations.zip
  • Thank you i understand. you the man
    z.