Terrain Builder Cinema
  • I tell you what we be a great addition to this plugin..  A way that you could merge everything together as one mesh and be able to export it as an .fbx or something similar.

Once you've played around with all the settings.. scaled the map to how you want it.. it's really hard to export it as a mesh !!

The export to .obj doesn't work.. 
    You wanted, we did! Now you can export the generated terrain to FBX format in one click. Only the terrain will be exported even if there is something else in the scene.
  • Oleg.. the speed you are updating this plugin is amazing !!! I can't thank you enough..

• Oleg.. the speed you are updating this plugin is amazing !!! I can't thank you enough..

Thank you very much! Soon we will release a simply amazing update. Our goal is to create an ultimatum solution for designers. We try to add tool set that will definitely be useful to you.
  • Oleg.. Have you checked the export .fbx on a Mac ??

I had it working on a PC last week.. can't get it to work on a Mac ???
  • Oleg.. Have you checked the export .fbx on a Mac ??

I had it working on a PC last week.. can't get it to work on a Mac ???
    Hello! Hmmm, it should have worked.  Please create support ticket. 
  • Buyer beware: If you're creating anything for commercial/broadcast/streaming use, no matter WHAT mapping software you use, it will NOT provide you with the licensing needed for legal reproductions of maps. Licensing will cost you hundreds or thousands $$, depending on the project and the audience.
  • Buyer beware: If you're creating anything for commercial/broadcast/streaming use, no matter WHAT mapping software you use, it will NOT provide you with the licensing needed for legal reproductions of maps. Licensing will cost you hundreds or thousands $$, depending on the project and the audience.
    Can you provide a link to the article where you read it. Everyone who uses Terrain Builder downloads maps through my MapBox account. Here is the tariff plan and download statistics. As soon as the threshold of 200K downloads per month is overcome, I will pay. What hundreds of thousands of $$ are we talking about?
    https://i.imgur.com/JKzZh6k.png
  • Hello everyone! We continue to improve our Terrain Builder product. In the latest update, you will find a lot of cool features that I hope you will like.

Watch new preview:

UPDATE List:
    - New Map Object system:
    - New Route System for points:
    - New Route System for spline:
    - New Mouse Interaction for terrain:
    - New Scatter system for create automatic forest:
    - New Hud for main parameters
    - Reorganize some parameters for better UX
    - Speed up editing
    - Optimized the code
    - Fixed a lot of bugs

We also accept tips for improvement. Write what you are missing and we will definitely try to add it in the next versions. 

Thank you for your support!
  • This looks really good.  Have you done a video with the city buildings being added...?
  • This looks really good.  Have you done a video with the city buildings being added...?
    Buildings are created using the old method

• Is there no trial of the newest version with all the bug fixes? Thank you.
  • Is there no trial of the newest version with all the bug fixes? Thank you.
    Tomorrow we will update a trial version
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Is there no trial of the newest version with all the bug fixes? Thank you.
    Awesome :D
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Is there no trial of the newest version with all the bug fixes? Thank you.
    Awesome :D
    The update for the trial version has been uploaded, please check it out.
  • Can this be used with Redshift?
  • Can this be used with Redshift?
    Yes you can use RedShift. To do this, you will need to switch the Light Setup to Custom. You can also switch the shaders for the terrain to Custom, but unfortunately it will not work with tessellation. You can use your own shaders for trees and buildings.
    The project has an open structure and you can easily modify it to suit your needs.
  • Well, I'm trying it out and when I render to picture viewer I get a console error.
    NameError: Could not find port value for 'Render' in node 'On Render'.
    The error repeats 5 times just fyi.

Also when I try to raise or lower the water level using the arrows it's fine, but if I type the percentage in then I get:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "Python", line 35, in message
    IndexError: index out of depth

Actually, typing in any edit box throws that error.
  • Well, I'm trying it out and when I render to picture viewer I get a console error.

Also when I try to raise or lower the water level using the arrows it's fine, but if I type the percentage in then I get:

For technical questions, please create a Support Ticket and we will solve your problem.
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Well, I'm trying it out and when I render to picture viewer I get a console error.

For technical questions, please create a Support Ticket and we will solve your problem.
    I'm not asking for support, I am informing you of errors in your addon. Also there are numerous typos that personally I would fix. In general it looks like a really cool product that just needs a little polish :D
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Well, I'm trying it out and when I render to picture viewer I get a console error.

I'm not asking for support, I am informing you of errors in your addon. Also there are numerous typos that personally I would fix. In general it looks like a really cool product that just needs a little polish :D
    Thank you very much for the feedback. The project is under active development and minor errors may occur. We will take into account all your comments.
  • I'm considering buying and trying the trial version, but the FBX Export doesn't work on mac version. Is this a limit of the trial version at all?
  • Hi!

The .gpx-generated spline doesn't hug the surface like in the video. Help?

R26.
  • I'm considering buying and trying the trial version, but the FBX Export doesn't work on mac version. Is this a limit of the trial version at all?
    You are trying to export the mesh in Ultra Detailed mode. This mode works at the shader level. This is not a real mesh. Switch to Classic mode. This will allow you to adjust the mesh resolution more precisely.
  • Hi!

The .gpx-generated spline doesn't hug the surface like in the video. Help?

R26.
    For technical questions, please create a Support Ticket. and we will solve your problem.
  • That new update has disabled the movement of the texture...the offsets aren't working now in the 4k 
  • That new update has disabled the movement of the texture...the offsets aren't working now in the 4k 
    Most likely, your scale is set at 100%. Increase it and then you can make an offset of the terrain. We have implemented such a solution in order to avoid showing map areas that have not been loaded.
  • Thanks Oleg.. you're right.. the problem now is that if I want to move the map I have to scale the map up.. I struggle to get accurate results from Mapbox.. it's very difficult to work out how it transforms onto the mesh.. some sort of preview would be great

Oleg Iva said:
    That new update has disabled the movement of the texture...the offsets aren't working now in the 4k 
    Most likely, your scale is set at 100%. Increase it and then you can make an offset of the terrain. 
    We have implemented such a solution in order to avoid showing map areas that have not been loaded.

• Thanks Oleg.. you're right.. the problem now is that if I want to move the map I have to scale the map up.. I struggle to get accurate results from Mapbox.. it's very difficult to work out how it transforms onto the mesh.. some sort of preview would be great

Oleg Iva said:
    That new update has disabled the movement of the texture...the offsets aren't working now in the 4k 
    Most likely, your scale is set at 100%. Increase it and then you can make an offset of the terrain. 
    We have implemented such a solution in order to avoid showing map areas that have not been loaded.

Yes, there are some difficulties with the preview. We will try to fix this in future updates.
  • In your tutorial on "Spline Route" tutorial, it's difficult for me to follow along because your layout or interface is different then mine. I notice that different tutorials of C4D on Youtube, people use different layouts. I have the Student License of C4D (2023.2.0) and I'm in Standard Layout just like you in your tutorials but my layout looks so different then your layout. How can I get my layout to look like your layout, or what settings do you use. I can't replicate your spline tutorial and I'm assuming it's in part because I need to know exactly which buttons in your layout match the layout in mine.  
  • What is the commercial licensing for this maps data like? Could it be used for broadcast? I assume there's a mapbox licensing terms. Does it need attribution?
  • In your tutorial on "Spline Route" tutorial, it's difficult for me to follow along because your layout or interface is different then mine. I notice that different tutorials of C4D on Youtube, people use different layouts. I have the Student License of C4D (2023.2.0) and I'm in Standard Layout just like you in your tutorials but my layout looks so different then your layout. How can I get my layout to look like your layout, or what settings do you use. I can't replicate your spline tutorial and I'm assuming it's in part because I need to know exactly which buttons in your layout match the layout in mine.  
    Yes, different versions of cinema are slightly different in the interface. But not directly so radically. Please create a support ticket and I will help you.
  • What is the commercial licensing for this maps data like? Could it be used for broadcast? I assume there's a mapbox licensing terms. Does it need attribution?
    Map Box Product Terms:
    Mandatory Attribution. Any use of the Services shall include the following attribution, as described
    in Mapbox’s Attribution Documentation (or other prominent location agreed in writing by the
    parties): the Mapbox logo; “© Mapbox” that links to www.mapbox.com/about/maps; 
  • Thank you for the update. Did the GPX automatic alignment make this update?
  • Thank you for the update. Did the GPX automatic alignment make this update?
    Hello! No. Sorry! We continue to look for a solution to this problem.
  • Hey Oleg.. have we lost Form in this update ??? I can seem to adjust the shape now ??

Also did you have any luck with precise locations from map box.
  • Hey Oleg.. have we lost Form in this update ??? I can seem to adjust the shape now ?? - Sorry.. my fault.. I've found it

• Hey Oleg.. have we lost Form in this update ??? I can seem to adjust the shape now ?? - Sorry.. my fault.. I've found it

Hello! We try fine solution what slows as attach global coordinats to our terrain. But this is really complicated task. Don't expect it anytime soon.
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Hey Oleg.. have we lost Form in this update ??? I can seem to adjust the shape now ?? - Sorry.. my fault.. I've found it

Hello! We try fine solution what slows as attach global coordinats to our terrain. But this is really complicated task. Don't expect it anytime soon.
    No worries.. it's a great product.. sure you'll get there soon :)
  • Hi Oleg the plugin works great I watched the youtube install video but I can't seem to get it to save as default startup layout not a huge deal I can just open up a saved cinema 4d file with the model already in it.
  • Dear users. We finally did the TerrainBuilder installation via AeScripts Manager. Now you can install our product in one click. We also added PDF instructions in the archive. All video installation tutorials will be deleted as irrelevant. Thank you all!
  • We have updated the API key, please download the latest up-to-date version.
  • tb_3.6.2_2 isn't working at all for me.. Install it to scripts folder.. loads the scene.. save it.. click on download manager..as soon as it opens.. 

it immediatly crashed C4d

sorry :(
  • Plugin Manager says v 3.6.3 is corrupted. I also have beta copies of C4D on my box.  Could that be an issue?
  • Plugin Manager says v 3.6.3 is corrupted. I also have beta copies of C4D on my box.  Could that be an issue?
    Sorry! Try again.
  • Works now. Thanks! This is going to be fun.
  • What about legal issues? Can i use the generated textures and everything for commercial projects?
  • What about legal issues? Can i use the generated textures and everything for commercial projects?
    Map Box Product Terms:
    Mandatory Attribution. Any use of the Services shall include the following attribution, as described
    in Mapbox’s Attribution Documentation (or other prominent location agreed in writing by the
    parties): the Mapbox logo; “© Mapbox” that links to www.mapbox.com/about/maps; 
  • Hi, I just playing around with the Trial. Maybe this tool will help me in creating my 3D Maps of my GPX Bike routes. 

Could you please confirm if the Displacement Texture is also improved to a higher resolution with the Premium pay version? 

In the trial version I increased the Terrain Resolution to 48 and Subdivsion to 5 I would love to see more detail.  

Also do you know what is resolution of the Displace Map? are these 30M Den? 

Thanks 

• Hi, I just playing around with the Trial. Maybe this tool will help me in creating my 3D Maps of my GPX Bike routes. 

Could you please confirm if the Displacement Texture is also improved to a higher resolution with the Premium pay version? 

In the trial version I increased the Terrain Resolution to 48 and Subdivsion to 5 I would love to see more detail.  

Also do you know what is resolution of the Displace Map? are these 30M Den? 

Thanks 
    You can make the maximum possible resolution of the terrain using Realistic Mode. Which enable the tessellation of the terran. This method is several times faster and more detailed than the classical method.
    View this tutorials

• Oleg Iva said:

You can make the maximum possible resolution of the terrain using Realistic Mode. Which enable the tessellation of the terran. This method is several times faster and more detailed than the classical method.
    View this tutorials

Thanks for you reply, I have those option in the Trial Version, but unfortunally the resolution is not enoght for what I need,  are you saying in the Trial version is already using the Max Resolution possible for the Terrain?