Terrain Builder Cinema
  • Oleg Iva said:

You can make the maximum possible resolution of the terrain using Realistic Mode. Which enable the tessellation of the terran. This method is several times faster and more detailed than the classical method.

Thanks for you reply, I have those option in the Trial Version, but unfortunally the resolution is not enoght for what I need,  are you saying in the Trial version is already using the Max Resolution possible for the Terrain? 

Having a higher resolution of textures, of course you will have a higher resolution of the terrain. 
    In the trial it is 2K, in the full version you can download 8K.
  • Can Somebody please try to show me the 8K Resoluton results of this Location from Pay Version: 
    https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/prizrakkd/cla5a9emy001s14l73h2j43tr.html?title=view&access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoicHJpenJha2tkIiwiYSI6ImNsajFzdGkwNDA0eGQzam8wcDVleWJ5MWwifQ.z0E1q8qQMRUbqeLfyeUXmw&zoomwheel=true&fresh=true#12.26/45.89663/6.92538

This is What I get when using the trial (I used Terrain Heigh of 1500 which I think look more realistic)

Hopefully You guys can get something with more details. Cheers
  • Can Somebody please try to show me the 8K Resoluton results of this Location from Pay Version: 
    https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/prizrakkd/cla5a9emy001s14l73h2j43tr.html?title=view&access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoicHJpenJha2tkIiwiYSI6ImNsajFzdGkwNDA0eGQzam8wcDVleWJ5MWwifQ.z0E1q8qQMRUbqeLfyeUXmw&zoomwheel=true&fresh=true#12.26/45.89663/6.92538

This is What I get when using the trial (I used Terrain Heigh of 1500 which I think look more realistic)

Hopefully You guys can get something with more details. Cheers
    This is your location in 8K Texture with tesselation

• I´ve dowloaded the most recent version.  It says the API key is outdated.  When I opt to update the script it takes me to this websie but nothing happens. Help...I'm up against a deadline!
  • ERROR:

"can't locate downloadmanager script." After you close this alert file explore..."

This does not work for me. No File explorer opens.

WIN C4D 2023 2.2
  • ERROR:

"can't locate downloadmanager script." After you close this alert file explore..."

This does not work for me. No File explorer opens.

WIN C4D 2023 2.2
    Please create support ticket and we will fix your problem.  
  • Thank you for the fast and great support!
  • We have been having a number of issues running Terrain Builder at our studio on both Mac and PC. Long load times etc, mostly unuseable.

Could you please reach out and fill you in on details 

• We have been having a number of issues running Terrain Builder at our studio on both Mac and PC. Long load times etc, mostly unuseable.

Could you please reach out and fill you in on details 

Hello! Create support ticket please.
  • Hi, do you do floating licenses? Or is there a way to easily reassign licenses? 

Thanks
  • Hello,

What kind of license does the map data have? Is it royalty free/attribution free?

• Hello,

What kind of license does the map data have? Is it royalty free/attribution free?

Hello! You must add attribution for final product. No royalty.
  • Hi Oleg, great plugin! Is there a way to export the buildings as an independent obj-file? I need more control for them for texturing and editing their shapes. 

Best,

Andreas 
  • Hi Oleg, great plugin! Is there a way to export the buildings as an independent obj-file? I need more control for them for texturing and editing their shapes. 

Best,

Andreas 
    Hello! Thank you! Nice idea for update. Now you can do this:
    https://disk.yandex.ru/i/pH07YKqVcADi3Q
  • Hi! I have a different folder structure to collect script/plugins and so on. So if I copy Terran Builder's folder to my folder, your script doesn't work. But when I install via aescripts's app and it places its in the default c4d's folder - it worked) so, I think you script doesn't work well with custom folder's settings. I change 'default' c4d's folders via regedit.

And one more. I've downloaded textures already, but my project was crashing, so, I have a map's textures, but in project they didn't save. And how I could see, you script doesn't work with cash, how I could use exist textures?
  • Alex Ray said:
    Hi! I have a different folder structure to collect script/plugins and so on. So if I copy Terran Builder's folder to my folder, your script doesn't work. But when I install via aescripts's app and it places its in the default c4d's folder - it worked) so, I think you script doesn't work well with custom folder's settings. I change 'default' c4d's folders via regedit.

And one more. I've downloaded textures already, but my project was crashing, so, I have a map's textures, but in project they didn't save. And how I could see, you script doesn't work with cash, how I could use exist textures?
    Yes! Use aescripts's app is a best way to correct install aur plugin. 
  • Hi! I wanted to test the trial, but when I click Get 2k maps the download manager asks me to select a style first; but thats impossible in the demo version....
  • Hi! I wanted to test the trial, but when I click Get 2k maps the download manager asks me to select a style first; but thats impossible in the demo version....
    HI!
    Trial version limitation:
    1) Only 2K textures and masks
    2) You can't create buildings and forest
    3) Only Schematic map style
    4) Not support custom style

• Oleg Iva said:

Ah, OK, It works with schematic style, but there is no 3d elevation then, right?

• Oleg Iva said:

Ah, OK, It works with schematic style, but there is no 3d elevation then, right?

No, you can download height map and create 3d terrain.
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Oleg Iva said:

No, you can download height map and create 3d terrain.
    But how? It only downloads the schematic texture - any other option I try to select (like displacement maps) does not work in the demo. I really want to buy It but I need to know if it fulfills my needs for my project.
  • But how? It only downloads the schematic texture - any other option I try to select (like displacement maps) does not work in the demo. I really want to buy It but I need to know if it fulfills my needs for my project.
    Oops. Realy. We will fix it soon.
  • >>Oops. Realy. We will fix it soon. 
    #Ah, ok, thanks!     

• >>Oops. Realy. We will fix it soon. 
    #Ah, ok, thanks!     

Fix problem with displacement map in trial version.
  • Hey there, Could do a littel bit about custom forest maps.. I assumed these were black and white.. but I can't get them to work at all

many thanks
  • Hey there, Could do a littel bit about custom forest maps.. I assumed these were black and white.. but I can't get them to work at all

many thanks
    Create support ticket and send me your maps
  • Is there a way to use this map with Redshift instead of Standard renderer?
  • I don't know what's going on but it seems that everytime I click on "Export to FBX" nothing happens. Is there another way to export the map mesh?
  • I don't know what's going on but it seems that everytime I click on "Export to FBX" nothing happens. Is there another way to export the map mesh?
    Please create support ticket and we solved your problem.
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Hello,

Users really need to be aware of this before they go creating something with this tool only to find that in order to use it for broadcast it needs to have attribution on the bottom of the frame or in the credits. Trust me, from experience, you don't want to be in the situation where your client finds that out after the fact, and you're stuck with two options of paying more than your graphics budget in fees or else re-create the entire thing using different data.
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Hello,

Users really need to be aware of this before they go creating something with this tool only to find that in order to use it for broadcast it needs to have attribution on the bottom of the frame or in the credits. Trust me, from experience, you don't want to be in the situation where your client finds that out after the fact, and you're stuck with two options of paying more than your graphics budget in fees or else re-create the entire thing using different data.
    Yes, you wrote everything correctly. If you have a strict licensing restriction, then you must indicate that you have used the MapBox resource. Alas, such rules.
  • I have purchased . How to import the completed route animation into unity. The fbx I exported does not contain animation, why? thank you!!
  • ryan shi said:
    I have purchased . How to import the completed route animation into unity. The fbx I exported does not contain animation, why? thank you!!
    Because such animation cannot be transmitted via FBX. It's all procedural. To transmit such an animation, you must bake all animation.  Try using export to Alembic.
  • Oleg Iva said:
    ryan shi said:
    I have purchased . How to import the completed route animation into unity. The fbx I exported does not contain animation, why? thank you!!
    Because such animation cannot be transmitted via FBX. It's all procedural. To transmit such an animation, you must bake all animation.  Try using export to Alembic.
    Thank you very much!!!! There are still some problems with .abc format files. I will learn and debug them myself.
  • Hello, I installed it and it worked well... I have a question about the Lite 2023 version. 1.1 the extension does not appear... is there a way to see it in Lite?
  • Hello, I installed it and it worked well... I have a question about the Lite 2023 version. 1.1 the extension does not appear... is there a way to see it in Lite?
    Hello! In the description of the project there is an indication that our plugin will not work in Lite. 
    Since there is no Python script in Lite version.
  • In the latest Cinema 4D version 2024.2.0 it only downloads, but not apply to TB object. If I apply texture manually, it works, but I cant find place where I have to apply water mask. and building not projection on terrain. and when I turn on `Ultra Detailed Mesh` mode, terrain is flatten and nothing happend.
  • Alex Ray said:
    In the latest Cinema 4D version 2024.2.0 it only downloads, but not apply to TB object. If I apply texture manually, it works, but I cant find place where I have to apply water mask. and building not projection on terrain. and when I turn on `Ultra Detailed Mesh` mode, terrain is flatten and nothing happend.
    Hello! Create a support ticket and we will definitely help you.
  • Hi guys, when it comes to legal things, may I have to display a Terrain Builder Logo or Terrain Builder Logo in the video for a commercial use?
  • Hi guys, when it comes to legal things, may I have to display a Terrain Builder Logo or Terrain Builder Logo in the video for a commercial use?
    For commercial use, you are required to put a logo or make a footnote that the project was made using mapbox. You don't have to put the Terrain Builder Builder logo if you don't want to.
  • I'm told by Mapbox: "Licensing to use Mapbox products in video begins at $25k annually."
    Accurate?

• I'm told by Mapbox: "Licensing to use Mapbox products in video begins at $25k annually."
    Accurate?

No is incorrect. All your requests are made using my API. When the number of requests exceeds the limit, I personally pay for your requests. Here is an excerpt from the website:
    Most Mapbox services include a free tier of services available to all accounts during each billing period. The number of requests, elements, users, sessions, or other units included in the free tier varies by Mapbox product. You can review the free tier for each product on the Pricing page.
  • Hey Guys,

Appears the export to .fbx is broken in the latest version.. 

Anychance you could have a look.. many thanks
  • Hi there
    Is it possible to download administration borders and use them as a mask shape?

I would like to create a US map with states as spearate objects, but for them to have some topology/displacement. 

Thanks!

• Hi there
    Is it possible to download administration borders and use them as a mask shape?

I would like to create a US map with states as spearate objects, but for them to have some topology/displacement. 

Thanks!

You can create a style in the map box with administrative boundaries and download a map of the area you need. Then you can mix it with the elevation map in any graphics editor and use it as an displacement map in TB.
  • Hi ! 
    I have downloaded the trial to test if this plugin is what i need in a project that i will start soon. 
    The thing is that i cant get it to work. I followed the installationmanual but unfortunately no luck. 

The downloadmananger opens when i click , but terrain builder loader wont start. 
    I have tested the plugin on R23, R26 and 2024, but same result. 

Any clue to whats wrong here? 
  • Hi, how do you make custom forest maps? I cant get many trees showing at all, is it just a black and white map? 
  • Hi, how do you make custom forest maps? I cant get many trees showing at all, is it just a black and white map? 
    Yes!
  • Is there any license restriction to use this plugin for feature films or tv news?
  • Is there any license restriction to use this plugin for feature films or tv news?
    For commercial use, you are required to put a logo or make a footnote that the project was made using mapbox. You don't have to put the Terrain Builder Builder logo if you don't want to.