• refe li said:
    refe li said:
    Hi,

So, the Plugins works or not with After Effects 2023 v23.5.0.52 and Photoshop 2023 v24.6.0.573
    because with the demo version 1.0.4 - Jun 9, 2023, it does not work.

it creates the Paint Link folder and the .psd in the After Effects project folder
    But After Effects does not send a file to Photoshop...

By doing everything listed in the "IMPORTANT READ ME FIRST.pdf" file

Thanks
    You can send in a help ticket, but make sure your Effects Controls are on, and you set this option in Ae: Edit > Preferences > Scripting & Expressions > select Allow Scripts To Write Files And Access Network = Enabled

Cheers
    Chris

Yes, "Allow scripts to write files and access the network" is enabled
    Please open a support ticket  for further assistance

• refe li said:
    refe li said:
    Hi,

So, the Plugins works or not with After Effects 2023 v23.5.0.52 and Photoshop 2023 v24.6.0.573
    because with the demo version 1.0.4 - Jun 9, 2023, it does not work.

it creates the Paint Link folder and the .psd in the After Effects project folder
    But After Effects does not send a file to Photoshop...

By doing everything listed in the "IMPORTANT READ ME FIRST.pdf" file

Thanks
    You can send in a help ticket, but make sure your Effects Controls are on, and you set this option in Ae: Edit > Preferences > Scripting & Expressions > select Allow Scripts To Write Files And Access Network = Enabled

Cheers
    Chris

Yes, "Allow scripts to write files and access the network" is enabled
    Please open a support ticket  for further assistance
    Re,

It doesn't matter, I'll wait for it to really work...
    I see other people have the same problem.
    Could be a Paint Link update

Thanks
  • Unable to use it in AE2022 & AE2023 because AE always crashes when Paintlink updates keyframes from Photoshop. I tried with AE2022 + 2023 and Photoshop 2022+2023, It doesn't work properly with both versions.

• Unable to use it in AE2022 & AE2023 because AE always crashes when Paintlink updates keyframes from Photoshop. I tried with AE2022 + 2023 and Photoshop 2022+2023, It doesn't work properly with both versions.

Sorry for the delay, I was stuck in an airport for the last day or so. Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=AAPL-SUL, it would be helpful if you could create and attach Paint Link logs for the crash. It would also be helpful to know your system specs, and what the file path name is. We had recently discovered a bug where hard drives with Hebrew, Japanese, Russian, almost all non-english characters caused problems. We did just patch that, but it could be a related issue. Any additional info would be helpful.

Cheers
    Chris
  • How do I get the photoshop frame control interface to step between the frames?

Its working great but I would like to be using that panel that I saw in your video but I don't know where to find it.

Thanks,
    J.
  • How do I get the photoshop frame control interface to step between the frames?

Its working great but I would like to be using that panel that I saw in your video but I don't know where to find it.

Thanks,
    J.
    It's just under the plugins menu in Photoshop! It should install automatically when you run the installer through the aescripts manager app.

Cheers
    Chris
  • I must have made a misstep somewhere, will attempt a re-install I suppose.
    Thanks,
    J.
    How do I get the photoshop frame control interface to step between the frames?

Thanks,
    J.
    It's just under the plugins menu in Photoshop! It should install automatically when you run the installer through the aescripts manager app.

Cheers
    Chris

• I must have made a misstep somewhere, will attempt a re-install I suppose.
    Thanks,
    J.

Thanks,
    J.

Cheers
    Chris

If it's not in your plugins folder then that's very strange because it should have installed automatically. Maybe the installer doesn't work if your Creative Cloud app isn't open? Try having the Adobe CC app open when you run the install. As a backup, if you right click on Paint Link in the aescripts Manager App, you can 'reveal installation files'.  Then go to \Installer\Paint Link_v1.0.6\Manual Install\Photoshop Panel
    Then double click com.aescripts.pl-ps-panel_PS.ccx to install it manually. You'll definitely need the Creative Cloud app open for a manual install, it acts as an intermediate for Photoshop CCX plugin installs.

Cheers
    Chris
  • I couldn't tell you where it went wrong but I found the panel in the install folder and a couple of clicks and all is right with the world.
    Thanks so much,
    J.
    I must have made a misstep somewhere, will attempt a re-install I suppose.
    Thanks,
    J.

Thanks,
    J.

Cheers
    Chris

If it's not in your plugins folder then that's very strange because it should have installed automatically. Maybe the installer doesn't work if your Creative Cloud app isn't open? Try having the Adobe CC app open when you run the install. As a backup, if you right click on Paint Link in the aescripts Manager App, you can 'reveal installation files'.  Then go to \Installer\Paint Link_v1.0.6\Manual Install\Photoshop Panel
    Then double click com.aescripts.pl-ps-panel_PS.ccx to install it manually. You'll definitely need the Creative Cloud app open for a manual install, it acts as an intermediate for Photoshop CCX plugin installs.

Cheers
    Chris

• Hello team.

I need to do some difficult hair keying in Ae. Hair is against moving tree background, with no DoF, so a bit of a mess - It probably requires roto splining to get it right but I'm not versed in this technique.

Paintlink sounds interesting because Ps is so much better at frame-level matting, but I wanted to check if you can bring mattes or something similar back into Ae... or just if you think 'something' could work.

Many thanks in advance.
  • Ben Hug said:
    Hello team.

I need to do some difficult hair keying in Ae. Hair is against moving tree background, with no DoF, so a bit of a mess - It probably requires roto splining to get it right but I'm not versed in this technique.

Paintlink sounds interesting because Ps is so much better at frame-level matting, but I wanted to check if you can bring mattes or something similar back into Ae... or just if you think 'something' could work.

Many thanks in advance.
    Have you tried using Composite Brush?

And yes PaintLink will bring the mattes back to AE as well.
  • Trying the trial of Paint link. AE sends the frames to PS, but nothing comes back to AE. Tried in both AE/PS2024 ans 2023… same result in both. Running latest MOS X 14.1.1 (sonoma). Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Trying the trial of Paint link. AE sends the frames to PS, but nothing comes back to AE. Tried in both AE/PS2024 ans 2023… same result in both. Running latest MOS X 14.1.1 (sonoma). Any ideas? Thanks!

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1943
  • im receiving again connection refused.  (512) (25::101)  it worked not to few days or so before out of nowhere not connecting. I chat with adobe assistent they said to contact you can i get some help?
  • im receiving again connection refused.  (512) (25::101)  it worked not to few days or so before out of nowhere not connecting. I chat with adobe assistent they said to contact you can i get some help?
    If it was working before, but is not working now, then I'm guessing it was due to a Photoshop update. Please go to the bottom of the Paint Link home page, https://aescripts.com/paint-link/ and re-do the setup instructions. You may have to re-enable the Plugin server and re-enter the password 'aescripts'. You also may need to allow Paint Link through your firewall. Send in a help ticket if you have further issues!

Cheers
    Chris
  • adobe told me to tell you that they updated to 25.2 and it is automatically updated 
    and that i am using 24.1 for after effects 

• Does Paint Link works at 32bit?
  • Does Paint Link works at 32bit?

Yes it does